Gazin Er 60mg Tablet
By EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gazin Er 60 MG Description
Gazin Er Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine. It helps to lower the blood sugar levels in adult patients with a known history of diabetes mellitus that cannot be controlled by exercise, diet and insu
lin treatment alone. Gazin Er Tablet contains gliclazide as an active ingredient. The medicine is not recommended in children or in patients that require insulin. It must be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using Gazin Er Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about the detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹13.65 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, diarrhea, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Gliclazide(60.0 Mg)
6 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Gazin Er 60mg Tablet
- Reclide Xr 60mg Tablets 15'sBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 216.75₹ 184.24₹ 12.28/Tablet
- Loyzide Xr 60mg Tablets 15'sBy Lloyd Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 144.90₹ 123.16₹ 8.21/Tablet
- Diamicron Xr 60mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Servier India Private Limited (formerly Known As Serdia Pharmaceuticals (india) Pvt Ltd)15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 231.00₹ 196.35₹ 13.09/Tablet
- Glykind 60mg Xr Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 80.52₹ 68.44₹ 6.84/Tablet
- Glz Xr TabletBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 217.90₹ 185.21₹ 12.35/Tablet
- Nobegliz 60mg Xr Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 66.55₹ 56.57₹ 5.66/Tablet
Uses of Gazin Er 60 MG
Gazin Er Tablet is used to treat maturity-onset diabetes, diabetes with or without obesity in adults when diet, exercise, weight loss or insulin therapy fail to provide adequate results.
Contraindications of Gazin Er 60 MG
- You may have an allergic to gliclazide or other ingredients of Gazin Er Tablet.
- You may have type 1 diabetes.
- You may have problems with the kidney or liver.
- You may have ketones and sugar in the urine.
- You may have diabetic pre-coma or coma.
- You are a diabetic patient undergoing surgery, after severe trauma or during infections.
- You may suffer from a hereditary disease - porphyria.
- Taking a medicine called miconazole to treat fungal infection.
- You are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Gazin Er 60 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Gazin Er 60 MG
Can I take Gazin Er Tablet during pregnancy?
Gazin Er Tablet must be avoided during pregnancy as there is no or limited safety data available, please consult the doctor. If pregnancy detected while taking the medicine, inform the doctor immediately.
Can I take Gazin Er Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if gliclazide passes into human milk, thus Gazin Er Tablet must not be used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive after consuming Gazin Er Tablet?
- Gazin Er Tablet cause low blood sugar levels, that leads to dizziness, drowsiness, unconsciousness, confusion. This impairs the driving ability.
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car, in case you feel uneasy, immediately have the juice or chocolate. Please note that artificial sweeteners do not help. Consult the doctor whether you can drive a car if you have few or no warning signs of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)....
Can I consume alcohol with Gazin Er Tablet?
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Gazin Er Tablet as it affects blood glucose levels.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may have problems with the liver and kidney.
- You may suffer from disorders like thyroid disorders, hypopituitarism and adrenal insufficiency.
- You are at risk of developing low blood sugar. Risk factors for low blood glucose levels are missing meals, excessive exercise, certain medicines, having more dose of the medicine than prescribed by the doctor, alcohol consumption, fasting....
- You may experience headaches, intense hunger, nausea, vomiting, sleep disorders, restlessness, aggressiveness, depression, confusion, speech or visual disorders, fits, dizziness.
- You may have a hereditary condition called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency.
- You are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- You must follow a regular diet and must not skip or delay meals.
- Gazin Er Tablet is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Gazin Er 60 MG
How Does It Work?
The pancreas has beta cells that are responsible for the production of insulin. Gliclazide in Gazin Er Tablet increases those beta cells, thus producing more insulin, hence helps in lowering the blood sugar....
Directions for Use of Gazin Er 60 MG
Gazin Er Tablet must be taken as directed by the doctor. Take with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results and must not consume it more than that prescribed by the doctor....
Interactions of Gazin Er 60 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Gazin Er Tablet works, or the medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is taking or might take to avoid possible interaction. You should inform the doctor if the child has a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Taking antibiotic, blood thinners, oral contraceptives, medicines to treat heart problems, asthma, mental health problems, high blood pressure, infection, gout, stomach ulcer.
- Gazin Er Tablet must not be used along with Miconazole (used to treat the infection) as it may cause low blood sugar and may lead to coma.
- Concomitant use of Gazin Er Tablet along with Phenylbutazone is not recommended.
Storage and disposal of Gazin Er 60 MG
- Store Gazin Er Tablet below 25°C at a dry place, protected from light.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Gazin Er 60 MG
Symptoms of overdose may lead to low blood pressure causing symptoms like headache, dizziness, sweating, hunger, shakiness, weakness, double vision, confusion, palpitations. Seek urgent medical help in case you have consumed too much of Gazin Er Tablet or experience symptoms....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss the blood sugar medicines. If you missed a dose of Gazin Er Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dose schedule. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Gazin Er Tablet?
A: Gazin Er Tablet is used in adults to treat maturity onset diabetes, diabetes with or without obesity in adults when diet, exercise, weight loss or insulin therapy fail to provide adequate results.
Q: How does Gazin Er Tablet works?
A: In patients with diabetes type 2, the body fails to produce make enough insulin or utilizing insulin properly. Gazin Er Tablet helps to increase the amount of insulin in the body and then lowers the blood sugar levels to maintain normal levels of sugar in the body.
Q: Can Gazin Er Tablet be used in children?
A: No, Gazin Er Tablet is not recommended for use in children.
- Gliclazide 80 mg Tablets BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 June 2021].
- Gliclazide 80 mg Tablets BP - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
- CDSCO - Gliclazide [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 June 2021]
- GLICLAZIDE - Gliclazide 80 mg Tablets [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 9 June 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed