Foracort 6/200mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Foracort 6/200mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler Description
Foracort Inhaler 200 is used to relieve symptoms of asthma and COPD like wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, etc. It is a combination of two medicines - formoterol and budesonide. Foracor
Inhaler 200 should be used as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking Foracort 200 unless advised by your doctor, as a sudden stoppage can cause the disease to worsen. You should rinse your mouth after taking Foracort 200 inhaler. Maintain oral hygiene while on this inhaler. Consult your doctor if you observe any undesired side effects. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Foracort inhaler 200.
|You Save||₹59.87 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Budesonide(200.0 Mcg) + Formoterol(6.0 Mcg)|
|Uses||Asthma and COPD|
|Side effects||Headache, fungal infection in the mouth, fits, pounding heartbeat, sore throat|
Uses of Foracort 6/200mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Contraindications of Foracort 6/200mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
- If you are known to be allergic to formoterol, budesonide, or any components of Foracort Inhaler 200.
- If you are suffering from acute breathlessness as seen in a severe attack of asthma or COPD or cases of a collapsed airway.
Side effects of Foracort 6/200mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Fungal infection in the mouth
- Pounding heartbeat
- Sore throat
- Hoarseness of voice
- Respiratory tract infections
Precautions and Warnings of Foracort 6/200mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Other General Warnings
- You have any kind of pre-existing health condition such as thyroid problems, fits, diabetes, liver problems or weak bones, high blood pressure, heart-related disorder etc.
- Your asthma condition is suddenly worsening.
- You feel that the treatment is ineffective.
- You are on any medicines that suppress immunity; there is an increased chance of developing infections. Necessary vaccinations and care should be taken to avoid this.
- Orally inhaled steroidal medicines may cause growth retardation in children. Hence, growth monitoring is recommended.
- Keep taking Foracort as prescribed, even if your symptoms go away. Your doctor will reduce your dose when required.
- Abruptly stopping the medicine can be dangerous and should be strictly avoided.
Mode of Action of Foracort 6/200mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
How Does It Work?
- Foracort Inhaler 200 works by the combined action of Formoterol and Budesonide.
- Budesonide is a corticosteroid medicine, which on inhalation reduces inflammation in the airways in a dose-dependent manner, thus reduces the chances of worsening asthma.
- Formoterol acts on the muscles in the airway tract. In the presence of inflammation (like in asthma), these muscles lead to constriction of the airway and causing breathlessness.
- Formoterol relaxes these muscles, facilitating the opening of the airway and thus relieving breathlessness.
Directions for Use of Foracort 6/200mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Use Foracort Inhaler 200 as recommended by your doctor. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Rinse your mouth with water after each use to prevent infection in the mouth and throat.
Interactions of Foracort 6/200mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Interactions with other medicines
- Foracort Inhaler 200 and certain other medicines may interact with each other. This may cause serious side effects. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines....
- Especially, tell your healthcare provider if you take antifungals, medicines used to treat mood disorders and diuretic medicines.
- Medicines such as Cardiac glycosides used for treating heart failure and irregular heartbeats should be used with caution with the Foracort Inhaler 200 as it can lead to low potassium levels and irregular heart rhythm. ...
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are blood pressure-lowering medicines and medicines for certain eye conditions. If you are not sure which are these medicines, ask your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Foracort 6/200mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Store Foracort Inhaler 200 below 30°C in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines.
Dosage of Foracort 6/200mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Foracort Inhaler 200 contain steroids?
Q: Is it safe during pregnancy?
Q: Is Foracort Inhaler 200 a reliever or controller?
Q: How often can I take Foracort Inhaler 200?
Q: Is Foracort Inhaler 200 addictive?
Q: Does Foracort Inhaler 200 cause fungal infection in mouth or oral thrush?
Q: How long can I use a Foracort inhaler?
Q: Can we use Foracort daily?
- FORACORT Rotacaps [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Symbicort Turbohaler 200/6 Inhalation powder - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Respiratory System Drugs: 218-233.
Other Products from this Brand
- Foracort 200 Mcg Rotacaps
- Foracort 400 Mcg Box Of 120 Md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Foracort 400 Mcg Rotacaps 30 S
- Foracort 0 5 Mg Packet Of 5 2 Ml Respules
- Foracort 200 Mcg Synchrobreathe With Dose Counter Box Of 120 Md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Foracort 1 Mg 2 Ml Packet Of 5 Respules
- Foracort Forte Rotacaps
- Foracort 400 Mcg Synchrobreathe With Dose Counter Box Of 120 Md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Foracort Forte Box Of 120 Md Metered Dose Inhaler