Folic 5mg Tablet
By MEDIWIN PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Folic 5 MG Description
Folic 5mg Tablet contains vitamin B9, also known as folic acid.
|Vitamin B9 / Folic Acid / Folate(5.0 Mg)
Check more medicines with composition as Vitamin B9 / Folic Acid / Folate(5.0 Mg)
6 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Folic 5mg Tablet
- Truefoli 5mg Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 50.70₹ 41.57₹ 1.39/Tablet
- Folitas 5mg Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 50.74₹ 36.535.43% CHEAPER₹ 1.22/Tablet
- Vitafol Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Cipla Gx30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 50.73₹ 40.59₹ 1.35/Tablet
- Fol 5mg Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Zydus Healthcare Limited30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 50.73₹ 43.63₹ 1.45/Tablet
- Folvite 5mg Strip Of 45 TabletsBy Pfizer Limited45 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 76.10₹ 70.77₹ 1.57/Tablet
- Sysfol Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Systopic Laboratories30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 39.00₹ 33.5413.95% CHEAPER₹ 1.12/Tablet
Uses of Folic 5 MG
- For treatment and prevention of iron and folic acid deficiency i.e. anaemia, characterised by weakness, fatigue, difficulty in breathing, headache, irritability and difficulty in concentration.
- As a supplement to prevent nutritional deficiency during pregnancy, breastfeeding after surgery or in conditions of nutritional malabsorption.
Precautions and Warnings of Folic 5 MG
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have any existing medical condition like diabetes, hypertension, kidney or liver problem.
- If you are on other medications, supplements or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You should not take this supplement if you are allergic to any of the component of this supplement.
- If you have any planned surgery or operation. You may be asked to stop taking these products at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the procedure.
- Dietary supplements are intended to supplement the diets of some people and should not be a substitute for a well-balanced, varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Ingredients and Benefits of Folic 5 MG
Vitamin B9 or Folic Acid: One of the essential vitamins which play a vital role in DNA and amino acids synthesis. It is crucial for cell division and the development of blood cells. It is essential for the development of brain and spinal cord of growing baby and lack of this during pregnancy can lead to birth defects....
Directions for Use of Folic 5 MG
- Take this supplement as advised by your doctor.
- Preferably take it one hour before a meal, avoid taking tea or coffee along with the supplement.
- You should not consume dietary supplement more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Storage and disposal of Folic 5 MG
- Should be stored in a cool and dry place
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the natural sources of Folic acid?
- Meat, liver, egg, seafood, dairy products etc.
- Vegetables, leafy greens, spinach, lettuce, asparagus, brussels sprouts, spinach and mustard green
- Fruits like bananas, melons, strawberries and fruit juices (especially lemon, oranges and orange juice)
- Nuts, beans, peas, peanuts, black-eyed peas, and kidney beans
Q: Why Is Folic Acid Important for Pregnant Women?
A: Folic acid can help prevent birth defects in the brain or spine. These structures are formed from your baby’s neural tube early in pregnancy, which is why it's crucial to get enough folic acid in the first trimester.
Q: What are the signs of anaemia due to folic acid deficiency?
A: Folate or folic acid deficiency can lead to anaemia, and may cause symptoms like lack of energy, pale skin, decreased appetite, diarrhoea, irritability, or a smooth, tender tongue.
Expires on or After
Low Red Cell Distribution Width in Blood: Interpreting Your Blood Test Results
Key Highlights: Introduction Understanding blood test results is essential for getting the right care and maintaining good health. Red cell distribution width (RDW) is an important aspect that can provide clues about your overall well-being. In this article, you will learn about what RDW is, why it is measured, how to interpret your RDW results,
WBC Differential Count: Decoding Its Clinical Significance With Research Insights
Key Highlights: Introduction Our body requires a healthy immune system. Key to this system are the white blood cells (WBCs). They protect us from infections and foreign substances. We may be able to assess how they work by looking at WBC differential counts. Medical professionals use them to see how the immune system responds in
MPV Blood Test: Understanding Its Importance and Results
Key Highlights: Introduction Platelets are the cells in your blood that help in clotting and repairing wounds. Well, it is necessary to check their health. That’s where the Mean Platelet Volume (MPV) blood test comes into picture. In this article, we’ll explore the world of MPV blood tests. We’ll learn what MPV is, how to
PDW Blood Test: Understanding Its Purpose and Results
Key Highlights: Introduction The PDW blood test is a medical test that checks for size differences in blood platelets. The main function of platelets includes clotting and ensuring smooth blood flow in the body. In this article, we will cover the basics of a PDW blood test. We’ll discuss about why it’s done, how
MCH Blood Test: Interpreting the Results and Understanding Its Importance
Key Highlights: Introduction The MCH blood test is a crucial diagnostic tool that may aid in understanding and maintaining good health. In this article, we will delve into the importance of the MCH blood test and shed light on what it reveals about an individual’s overall well-being. We will discuss essential aspects such as understanding
Reticulocyte Count: A Comprehensive Guide and Its Significance in Medical Diagnosis
Key Highlights: Introduction Reticulocytes are immature red blood cells. Assessing their number in the blood may help us detect problems tied to the production of red blood cells and how our bone marrow functions. In this article, we will delve into how the test is performed and how the results are interpreted. Lastly, we will
Red Blood Cells: Exploring Their Function and Importance in Health
Key Highlights: Introduction Red blood cells (RBCs) are special cells that carry oxygen. They go from the lungs to all parts of our body. RBCs owe their oxygen-carrying capacity to haemoglobin, an iron-rich protein. This protein grabs oxygen and takes it around the body via the bloodstream. But they don’t just carry oxygen. They also
RDW Blood Test: Interpreting Results and Understanding its Importance
Key Highlights: Introduction Red blood cell distribution width (RDW) is an important factor when it comes to understanding the health of your blood cells. An indicator of the variations in the size and volume of red blood cells, RDW plays a crucial role in diagnosing and differentiating various health conditions, including anaemia. In this article,
Normal Platelet Count: Understanding the Research-Based Range
Key Highlights: Introduction A healthy platelet count is a vital aspect of our overall health, as it helps our blood clot appropriately in response to injury. Understanding the normal range of platelets is essential in detecting any imbalances or deviations from the norm that could lead to complications. In this article we will delve into
MCV Blood Test: Decoding its Significance in Your Health Report
Key Highlights: Introduction Managing your overall health requires an understanding of your blood test results. The MCV blood test is a key part of this. In this article, we will delve into the value of MCV blood test. We will take you through its role in making sense of your health report. We will also
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.