Fogum Gel 10gm
Fogum Gel 10gm Description
Fogum Gel belongs to the class of medications known as oral, topical antimicrobial agents, which treat gum disorders such as Gingivitis and prevent dental plaque. Fogum Gel can be applied to the affe
cted area inside the mouth. Gingivitis is a bacterial-caused inflammation of the gums that, if left untreated, can lead to periodontitis (gum infection that damages gums and can destroy the jawbone). This might cause the gums to split from the teeth, resulting in tooth loss. Fogum Gel contains two medications: Metronidazole (an antibiotic) and Chlorhexidine (a disinfectant-an antiseptic). It kills plaque-causing germs in the mouth and produces a protective antibacterial coating over gums and teeth to keep plaque from forming. As a result, it aids in the maintenance of healthy oral and dental health. In some cases, it may even present some Fogum Gel side effects or allergic reactions. Your doctor will determine the Fogum Gel dosage based on the type of illness being treated. To avoid an oral infection and its spread, practise good dental hygiene and brush at least twice a day.
|You Save||₹2.10 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metronidazole(1.0 %) + Chlorhexidine(0.25 %)|
|Uses||Gingivitis, Mucositis, Dental caries prevention, Oral candida infections, Dental plaque|
|Side effects||Metallic or bitter taste, Burning, Temporary Redness, Irritation, Dryness of oral skin and gums, and Tooth discolouration.|
Uses of Fogum Gel 10gm
- Treatment of Gingivitis (inflammation of the gums caused by a bacterial infection)
- Treatment of Mucositis (painful mucous membrane inflammation and ulcers in the mouth)
- Treatment of dental caries prevention (dental caries, which is characterised by tooth sensitivity and mild to moderate pain when eating or drinking spicy, sweet, or cold foods or beverages)
- Treatment of oral candida infections (fungal infections in the mouth)
- Treatment of dental plaque (a soft, sticky biofilm that forms on the teeth as a result of bacterial growth on oral surfaces)
Contraindications of Fogum Gel 10gm
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to chlorhexidine gluconate, Metronidazole, or any other inactive chemicals in the formulation should not use this prescription.
Side effects of Fogum Gel 10gm
- Metallic taste or bitter taste
- Temporary redness
- Dryness of oral skin and gums
- Tooth discolouration
- The majority of Fogum Gel's adverse effects do not require medical treatment and fade away with time. However, if the negative effects do not go away, consult your doctor.
Precautions and Warnings of Fogum Gel 10gm
Other General Warnings
- You have dehydration symptoms like dry mouth, excessive thirst, wrinkled skin, little or no urination, dizziness and lightheadedness after using Fogum Gel.
- You should not use Fogum Gel if you have deep oral ulcers or throat infections. Avoid coming into touch with your eyes, nose, ears, mucous membranes, wounds, and other sensitive areas.
- You experience no change in symptoms even after seven days of application.
- Your kid has a mouth infection. Unless otherwise advised by a doctor, Fogum Gel should not be given to children under 12.
Mode of Action of Fogum Gel 10gm
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Fogum Gel 10gm
- Fogum Gel is available for topical use (for oral use only).
- The dose will be determined by your dentist or doctor based on the type of infection being treated.
- Use your fingertip to apply it solely to the damaged areas of your mouth.
- Do not use in amounts that are higher or lower than what is recommended and shouldn’t be swallowed.
- If you have any unfavourable side effects, talk to your doctor.
- Ascertain that the treatment programme has been finished. Do not stop taking this medication without first talking to your doctor.
- Fogum Gel should not come into contact with the eyes; if you unintentionally touch your eyes when applying Fogum Gel, wash your hands immediately.
Interactions of Fogum Gel 10gm
Interactions with other medicines
- There are no known interactions between Fogum Gel and other medicines.
Interactions with food items
- Fogum Gel should be taken separately from your meals. Food and beverage flavours may be affected. After using, wait 30 minutes before eating or drinking.
- Fogum Gel is known to cause staining; it can be reduced by reducing the consumption of tea, coffee, and red wine and by brushing with toothpaste daily before using the gel.