Fml Eye Drops 5ml
Fml 0.1 % Description
FML eye drops are used to treat inflammation (redness, swelling, soreness) in the eyes. It contains fluorometholone, which belongs to a class of medicines called steroids. Before using FML eye drops, discuss it with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions. You may experience burning, irritation, pain or increased pressure in the eyes while using this medicine. Contact your doctor immediately if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens.
Uses of Fml 0.1 %
Contraindications of Fml 0.1 %
- If you are allergic to Fluorometholone or any other ingredients of FML eye drops.
- If you are suffering from any fungal, bacterial or viral eye infections.
Side effects of Fml 0.1 %
- Burning sensation in the eyes
- Increased pressure in the eye
- Eye irritation
- Eye pain
- Eye discharge
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Fml 0.1 %
Other General Warnings
- You have any other eye problems.
- You have or had in the past been treated for a viral infection caused by herpes simplex.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after using FML eye drops for 7 days.
- You experience any visual disturbances or blurred vision.
- You need to avoid wearing contact lenses for at least 15 minutes after instilling FML eye drops.
- Long-term use of FML eye drops may cause an increase in the pressure inside your eyes, leading to glaucoma, blurred vision, cataracts or delayed wound healing.
- The eye drop bottle should only be used by one person. Use by more than one person may spread the infection.
- FML eye drop is not recommended for use in children below 2 years of age.
Directions for Use of Fml 0.1 %
- Use FML eye drops as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow the directions carefully. Do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying FML eye drops.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- If you are wearing contact lenses, remove them and then instil the drops.
- Close your eyes for 2 - 3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper. Keep the dropper clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- If you are prescribed any other eye drops, you need to wait at least 5 minutes between both the drops.
Storage and disposal of Fml 0.1 %
- Store FML eye drops below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- You should not use the eye drops once the expiry date has passed. Discard it properly.
- You need to discard the medicine 4 weeks from first opening it.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
Quick Tips of Fml 0.1 %
- FML eye drop is an ocular steroid. It is used to reduce eye redness, swelling, itching, and pain.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before using the eye drop to avoid introducing any bacteria into your eye.
- Please consult your doctor if you have any other eye conditions before using Fml eye drops.
- This medication should be taken as long as the doctor has prescribed it to you. The doctor normally adjusts the dose and duration of this medicine depending on the medical condition.
- Discharge from the eye, irritation or increased pressure in the eye may occur in some individuals with the use of Fml eye drops, if your condition does not improve, contact your doctor.
- You should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if you experience blurred vision after using Fml eye drops.
- If you use any other eye drop product in addition to this one, wait at least 15 minutes between applying both medications.
- Do not wear contact lenses while using Fml eye drops, as they can absorb the medication and prevent it from working properly.
Dosage of Fml 0.1 %
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Fml 0.1 %
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Fml 0.1 %
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations or supplements to avoid any interactions with FML eye drops.
- If you use another eye drop product concomitantly with FML eye drops, keep a minimum gap of 15 minutes between the application of both medicines.
- Simultaneous use of FML eye drops along with medicines like ritonavir, cobicistat (used in HIV infection) may increase the risk of you having side effects.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can FML eye drops be used with contact lenses?
Q: How frequently can I use FML ?
Q: What will happen if I accidentally swallow FML eye drops?
Q: How long can you use FML eye drop?
Q: What is the composition of FML eye drop?
Q: Can I use FML eye drop for viral conjunctivitis?
Q: Is FML eye drops antibiotic?
- Yellox 0.9 mg/ml eye drops solution - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 April 2022]
- Yellox 0.9 mg/ml eye drops solution - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 April 2022]
- FML (fluorometholone ophthalmic suspension, USP) 0.1% [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 5 April 2022]
- Fluorometholone: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Go.drugbank.com. 2021 [cited 5 April 2022]
- Fluorometholone [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 5 April 2022]
- Fluorometholone - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2021 [cited 5 April 2022]