Flumusa Tablets Description
Flumusa Tab is a type of antidepressant medication used to treat depression, panic disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. It also treats bulimia nervosa, an eating disorder. Obsessive-Compu
lsive Disorder is a condition wherein excessive obsession (repeated thinking about something,). Panic anxiety disorder is when the affected person experiences extreme fear of situations that do not need such a response. The fear might be accompanied by rapid heartbeat, chest pain, stomach pain, dizziness, feeling chill or hot, sweating, or numb hands. Anxiety disorder causes symptoms such as feeling restless, tense, rapid heartbeat or sweating. For individuals with anxiety disorders, the fear is not temporary, and it worsens with time. The symptoms could interfere with school work and job performance. Bulimia nervosa is a life-threatening eating disorder. Fluoxetine is the active ingredient of Flumusa Tab. Flumusa Tab increases the levels of a brain chemical called serotonin, which helps you in the following ways: improves your mood, relieves anxiety and tension, helps you to keep calm, deal better with your problems, sleep better, and reduces panic attacks. Share your detailed medical history with your doctor. Your doctor prescribes the most suitable dose of Flumusa Tab based on your health and history. Flumusa Tab takes some time to work. Do not change the dosage without speaking to your doctor. Flumusa Tab might cause some side effects; the side effects are usually temporary. Sudden stopping of medicine can lead to severe side effects called withdrawal symptoms. For maximum benefits, take Flumusa Tab at the same time every day as suggested by your doctor. Never self-medicate.
|₹7.70 (14% on MRP)
|Alprazolam + Fluoxetine
|Depression, Panic disorder, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Bulimia nervosa
|Dry mouth, Nausea, Indigestion, Loss of appetite, Fatigue, Dizziness, Constipation
Uses of Flumusa Tablets
- Flumusa Tab is used in the following conditions:
- Flumusa Tab also treats anxiety-related disorders
- OCD/ Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and panic disorder
- Treatment of bulimia nervosa (eating disorder)
Contraindications of Flumusa Tablets
- If you have an allergy to Flumusa Tab or Fluoxetine or any ingredients of the medications
- If you have kidney disease
- If you have liver disease
- If you have epilepsy/ fits
- If you have diabetes/ high blood sugar levels
- If you have heart diseases
- If you have glaucoma/ increased pressure in the eyes
Side effects of Flumusa Tablets
- Here are the most common side effects of Flumusa Tab
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Fatigue/ extreme tiredness or body pain
- Constipation/ difficulty in passing stools
- The side effects of Flumusa Tab are usually mild and disappear gradually as your body gets used to the medicine. If the side effects are too much and troublesome, speak to your doctor. Never stop the medicine without your doctor’s consent....
Precautions and Warnings of Flumusa Tablets
Other General Warnings
- If you experience allergic reactions to Flumusa Tab such as difficulty breathing, rashes, itching, bluish skin color, swelling of face, tongue, or throat. Contact your doctor or the emergency medical department immediately...
- If you are experiencing sudden mood changes when you are on Flumusa Tab. Contact your doctor immediately
- If you are getting thoughts of harming yourself when you are on the Flumusa Tab. Speak to your doctor immediately
Mode of Action of Flumusa Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Flumusa Tablets
- Swallow Flumusa Tab as a whole with a glass full of water
- Do not chew/ break open/ crush Flumusa Tab
- Take Flumusa Tab with food or without food or as advised by your doctor
- For maximum benefits, take Flumusa Tab at the same time, every day, as suggested by your doctor
- Initially, your doctor might prescribe lower doses and gradually increase the dosage. Flumusa Tab takes some time to work. Do not change the dosage without speaking to your doctor
- Follow the dosage instructions strictly.
Interactions of Flumusa Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Seek medical advice if you are on other antidepressant medicines like MAOI/ Monoamine Oxidase inhibitors, for example, Rasagiline. Taking Flumusa Tab on MAOI can cause severe life-threatening adverse reactions ...
- Seek medical advice if you are on medicines that fight infection, such as linezolid. Taking Flumusa Tab when you are on such medicines can cause life-threatening reactions
- Seek medical advice if you are on breast cancer medicines, such as Tamoxifen. Taking Flumusa Tab when you are on such medicines can reduce the efficacy of Tamoxifen and make breast cancer recur
- Inform your doctor if you are on any medicines before taking Flumusa Tab. Do not take any medication without informing your doctor
Storage and disposal of Flumusa Tablets
Dosage of Flumusa Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does Flumusa Tab take to show its effects on me?
Q: Flumusa Tab does it decrease my libido?
Q: Does Flumusa Tab make me addicted to it?
- Bulimia nervosa - Office on WOmen’s health - OASH - US Department of Health and Human Services
- Anxiety – (National Library of Medicine) - [Internet]. medlineplus.gov [cited 18 March 2022] –
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder – (Mental Health Information) - [Internet]. National Institute of Mental Health [cited 18 March 2022] –
- Fluoxetine Overdose-Induced Seizure– (West JEM Emergency Medicine) - [Internet]. ncbi.nlm. nih [cited 18 March 2022] –
- Fluoxetine: a review on evidence based medicine– (Annals of General Hospital Psychiatry) - [Internet]. ncbi.nlm. nih [cited 18 March 2022] –
- Effect of Fluoxetine on Some Cognitive Functions of Patients of Depression– (Indian Journal of Psychiatric Medicine) - [Internet]. ncbi.nlm. nih [cited 18 March 2022] –
- A Study of Fluoxetine in Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) Long-Term Dosing - (ClinicalTrials.gov ) - [Internet]. US National Library of Medicine [cited 18 March 2022]