By SYMBIOTIC DRUGS & DIABETIC CARE
50 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Flumusa Tab is a type of antidepressant medication used to treat depression, panic disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. It also treats bulimia nervosa, an eating disorder. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is a condition wherein excessive obsession (repeated thinking about something,). Panic anxiety disorder is when the affected person experiences extreme fear of situations that do not need such a response. The fear might be accompanied by rapid heartbeat, chest pain, stomach pain, dizziness, feeling chill or hot, sweating, or numb hands. Anxiety disorder causes symptoms such as feeling restless, tense, rapid heartbeat or sweating. For individuals with anxiety disorders, the fear is not temporary, and it worsens with time. The symptoms could interfere with school work and job performance. Bulimia nervosa is a life-threatening eating disorder. Fluoxetine is the active ingredient of Flumusa Tab. Flumusa Tab increases the levels of a brain chemical called serotonin, which helps you in the following ways: improves your mood, relieves anxiety and tension, helps you to keep calm, deal better with your problems, sleep better, and reduces panic attacks. Share your detailed medical history with your doctor. Your doctor prescribes the most suitable dose of Flumusa Tab based on your health and history. Flumusa Tab takes some time to work. Do not change the dosage without speaking to your doctor. Flumusa Tab might cause some side effects; the side effects are usually temporary. Sudden stopping of medicine can lead to severe side effects called withdrawal symptoms. For maximum benefits, take Flumusa Tab at the same time every day as suggested by your doctor. Never self-medicate....
|You Save||₹9.90 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Depression, Panic disorder, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Bulimia nervosa|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, Nausea, Indigestion, Loss of appetite, Fatigue, Dizziness, Constipation|
Check more medicines with composition as Alprazolam + Fluoxetine
Uses of Flumusa Tab
- Flumusa Tab is used in the following conditions:
- Flumusa Tab also treats anxiety-related disorders
- OCD/ Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and panic disorder
- Treatment of bulimia nervosa (eating disorder)
Contraindications of Flumusa Tab
- If you have an allergy to Flumusa Tab or Fluoxetine or any ingredients of the medications
- If you have kidney disease
- If you have liver disease
- If you have epilepsy/ fits
- If you have diabetes/ high blood sugar levels
- If you have heart diseases
- If you have glaucoma/ increased pressure in the eyes
Side effects of Flumusa Tab
- Here are the most common side effects of Flumusa Tab
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Fatigue/ extreme tiredness or body pain
- Constipation/ difficulty in passing stools
- The side effects of Flumusa Tab are usually mild and disappear gradually as your body gets used to the medicine. If the side effects are too much and troublesome, speak to your doctor. Never stop the medicine without your doctor’s consent....
Precautions and Warnings of Flumusa Tab
Can I take Flumusa Tab during pregnancy?
No. Take Flumusa Tab during pregnancy only if your doctor advises. Flumusa Tab may be unsafe in pregnancy. It might harm your developing baby
Can I take Flumusa Tab while breastfeeding?
No. Flumusa Tab may be unsafe during breastfeeding. Flumusa Tab may pass through the breastmilk and harm the baby. Take Flumusa Tab during breastfeeding only if your doctor advises.
Can I drive if I have consumed Flumusa Tab?
Flumusa Tab can cause side effects such as drowsiness or dizziness. These side effects can affect your ability to drive. It is also not safe to operate heavy machinery or do anything that requires clear focus. It is advisable to avoid these activities until you understand how your body responds to the medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Flumusa Tab?
It is not safe to consume alcohol when you are on treatment with Flumusa Tab. Alcohol might increase the side effects of Flumusa Tab and cause adverse reactions.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you experience allergic reactions to Flumusa Tab such as difficulty breathing, rashes, itching, bluish skin color, swelling of face, tongue, or throat. Contact your doctor or the emergency medical department immediately...
- If you are experiencing sudden mood changes when you are on Flumusa Tab. Contact your doctor immediately
- If you are getting thoughts of harming yourself when you are on the Flumusa Tab. Speak to your doctor immediately
Mode of Action of Flumusa Tab
How Does It Work?
Flumusa Tab is an antidepressant (medicine that decreases depression.) Flumusa Tab increases the levels of Serotonin, a chemical messenger in your brain, by blocking its reuptake by nerve cells. Serotonin improves your mood, relieves your anxiety and tension, helps you keep calm, helps you deal better with your problems, helps you sleep better, and reduces panic attacks. In case of bulimia nervosa, Flumusa Tab reduces binge eating and reduces purging (vomiting)....
Directions for Use of Flumusa Tab
- Swallow Flumusa Tab as a whole with a glass full of water
- Do not chew/ break open/ crush Flumusa Tab
- Take Flumusa Tab with food or without food or as advised by your doctor
- For maximum benefits, take Flumusa Tab at the same time, every day, as suggested by your doctor
- Initially, your doctor might prescribe lower doses and gradually increase the dosage. Flumusa Tab takes some time to work. Do not change the dosage without speaking to your doctor
- Follow the dosage instructions strictly.
Interactions of Flumusa Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Seek medical advice if you are on other antidepressant medicines like MAOI/ Monoamine Oxidase inhibitors, for example, Rasagiline. Taking Flumusa Tab on MAOI can cause severe life-threatening adverse reactions ...
- Seek medical advice if you are on medicines that fight infection, such as linezolid. Taking Flumusa Tab when you are on such medicines can cause life-threatening reactions
- Seek medical advice if you are on breast cancer medicines, such as Tamoxifen. Taking Flumusa Tab when you are on such medicines can reduce the efficacy of Tamoxifen and make breast cancer recur
- Inform your doctor if you are on any medicines before taking Flumusa Tab. Do not take any medication without informing your doctor
Storage and disposal of Flumusa Tab
Storage Store Flumusa Tab in a cool and dry place below 30°C. Keep it away from direct sunlight and heat sources. Store Flumusa Tab away from the reach of kids and pets. Disposal To dispose of Flumusa Tab, hand it over to your local pharmacist/ medical shop. Do not flush or drain them via the sewage line....
Dosage of Flumusa Tab
If you suspect an overdose of Flumusa Tab, contact your doctor immediately or rush to the nearest emergency department. The symptoms of Flumusa Tab overdose are nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, tremor, and tachycardia....
Missed a Dose
If you missed taking your dosage of Flumusa Tab, take it as soon as you remember. Take one dose only if you remember it close to your next dose. Do not take two doses of Flumusa Tab. Try to take Flumusa Tab at the same time every day as suggested by your doctor. It will avoid both missed doses and overdoses....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does Flumusa Tab take to show its effects on me?
A: Flumusa Tab takes around four weeks to show its effects. If you do not feel any better even after four weeks of treatment with Flumusa Tab, inform your doctor.
Q: Flumusa Tab does it decrease my libido?
A: Flumusa Tab decreases sex drive and can cause erectile dysfunction/ failure to erect penis or delayed ejaculation/ delay in sperms release. Usually, such side effects are temporary and disappear gradually as your body gets used to the medicine. However, if such symptoms are persistent, speak to your doctor.
Q: Does Flumusa Tab make me addicted to it?
A: No. Flumusa Tab has minimal chances of addiction. However, be sure to follow your doctor’s advice and dosage instructions. Flumusa Tab is not for self-medication.
- Bulimia nervosa - Office on WOmen’s health - OASH - US Department of Health and Human Services
- Anxiety – (National Library of Medicine) - [Internet]. medlineplus.gov [cited 18 March 2022] –
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder – (Mental Health Information) - [Internet]. National Institute of Mental Health [cited 18 March 2022] –
- Fluoxetine Overdose-Induced Seizure– (West JEM Emergency Medicine) - [Internet]. ncbi.nlm. nih [cited 18 March 2022] –
- Fluoxetine: a review on evidence based medicine– (Annals of General Hospital Psychiatry) - [Internet]. ncbi.nlm. nih [cited 18 March 2022] –
- Effect of Fluoxetine on Some Cognitive Functions of Patients of Depression– (Indian Journal of Psychiatric Medicine) - [Internet]. ncbi.nlm. nih [cited 18 March 2022] –
- A Study of Fluoxetine in Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) Long-Term Dosing - (ClinicalTrials.gov ) - [Internet]. US National Library of Medicine [cited 18 March 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.