Flomon 0.1% Eye Drops 5ml
Flomon 0.1 %W/V Description
Flomon Eye Drop are used to treat inflammation (redness, swelling, soreness) in the eyes. It contains fluorometholone, which belongs to a class of medicines called steroids. Before using Flomon Eye D
rop, discuss it with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions. You may experience burning, irritation, pain or increased pressure in the eyes while using this medicine. Contact your doctor immediately if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens.
Uses of Flomon 0.1 %W/V
Contraindications of Flomon 0.1 %W/V
- If you are allergic to Fluorometholone or any other ingredients of Flomon Eye Drop.
- If you are suffering from any fungal, bacterial or viral eye infections.
Side effects of Flomon 0.1 %W/V
- Burning sensation in the eyes
- Increased pressure in the eye
- Eye irritation
- Eye pain
- Eye discharge
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Flomon 0.1 %W/V
Other General Warnings
- You have any other eye problems.
- You have or had in the past been treated for a viral infection caused by herpes simplex.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after using Flomon Eye Drop for 7 days.
- You experience any visual disturbances or blurred vision.
- You need to avoid wearing contact lenses for at least 15 minutes after instilling Flomon Eye Drop.
- Long-term use of Flomon Eye Drop may cause an increase in the pressure inside your eyes, leading to glaucoma, blurred vision, cataracts or delayed wound healing.
- The Eye Drop bottle should only be used by one person. Use by more than one person may spread the infection.
- Flomon Eye Drop is not recommended for use in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Flomon 0.1 %W/V
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Flomon 0.1 %W/V
- Use Flomon Eye Drop as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow the directions carefully. Do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying Flomon Eye Drop.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- If you are wearing contact lenses, remove them and then instil the drops.
- Close your eyes for 2 - 3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper. Keep the dropper clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- If you are prescribed any other Eye Drops, you need to wait at least 5 minutes between both the drops.
Interactions of Flomon 0.1 %W/V
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations or supplements to avoid any interactions with Flomon Eye Drop.
- If you use another Eye Drop product concomitantly with Flomon Eye Drop, keep a minimum gap of 15 minutes between the application of both medicines.
- Simultaneous use of Flomon Eye Drop along with medicines like ritonavir, cobicistat (used in HIV infection) may increase the risk of you having side effects.
Storage and disposal of Flomon 0.1 %W/V
- Store Flomon Eye Drop below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- You should not use the Eye Drops once the expiry date has passed. Discard it properly.
- You need to discard the medicine 4 weeks from first opening it.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
Dosage of Flomon 0.1 %W/V
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Flomon Eye Drop be used with contact lenses?
Q: Can I use Flomon Eye Drop for viral conjunctivitis?
Q: Is Flomon Eye Drop antibiotic?
- Yellox 0.9 mg/ml eye drops solution - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Yellox 0.9 mg/ml eye drops solution - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- FML (fluorometholone ophthalmic suspension, USP) 0.1% [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Fluorometholone: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Go.drugbank.com. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Fluorometholone [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Fluorometholone - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]