Fibran Plus Tablet
Fibran Plus Tablet Description
Fibran Tablet is used in the treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding. It is also used to treat excessive blood loss during or after an operation. Fibran Tablet contains a combination of tranexamic acid
and etamsylate as active substances. Take this medicine exactly as recommended by your doctor. Do not take this medicine on your own. Fibran Tablet should only be used in adults and adolescent girls above 15 years of age.
Uses of Fibran Plus Tablet
- Fibran Tablet is used to prevent and stop excessive blood loss during menstrual bleeding.
- It is also used to treat excessive blood loss during or after an operation.
Contraindications of Fibran Plus Tablet
- If you are allergic to tranexamic acid, etamsylate or any other ingredient of Fibran Tablet.
- If you have kidney problems.
- If you had or have a blood clot in your blood vessels.
- If you have a condition where your blood starts to clot throughout your body.
- If you have a history of fits/seizures.
- If you have a disorder called porphyria.
Side effects of Fibran Plus Tablet
Precautions and Warnings of Fibran Plus Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have blood in your urine.
- You have a condition called disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) where your blood starts to clot throughout your body.
- You had uncontrollable bleeding.
- You take medicines to treat a hereditary disease called angioneurotic oedema.
- You are a woman with irregular periods.
- You take oral contraceptives as a method of birth control.
- You or your family have a history of blood clots in your blood vessels.
- You have kidney disease.
- You take medicines called fibrinolytic to dissolve blood clots (streptokinase).
Mode of Action of Fibran Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Fibran Tablet contains tranexamic acid and etamsylate as active substances.
- Tranexamic acid is an anti-fibrinolytic medicine that stops or reduces bleeding. When you bleed, your body forms clots to stop the bleeding. These clots break down in some people resulting in excessive bleeding. Tranexamic acid stops these clots from dissolving and reduces bleeding. ...
- Etamsylate helps platelets to stick together and form blood clots, which reduces blood loss.
Directions for Use of Fibran Plus Tablet
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Fibran Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Fibran Tablet works or Fibran Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Fibran Tablet will reduce the effect of anti-clotting medicines (fibrinolytic) like streptokinase, reteplase, anistreplase.
Storage and disposal of Fibran Plus Tablet
- Store in a cool and dry place below 30°C, away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Fibran Plus Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Fibran Tablet for treating menorrhagia?
Q: How does Fibran Tablet stop bleeding?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- Cosklot Plus Tablets [Internet]. oaknethealthcare. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- Tranexamic Acid 500 mg film coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- Tranexamic Acid 500 mg film coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- SUMMARY OF PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS [Internet]. Mri.cts-mrp.eu. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- Bonnar J, Sheppard B. Treatment of menorrhagia during menstruation: randomised controlled trial of ethamsylate, mefenamic acid and tranexamic acid. BMJ. 1996;313(7057):579-582