Fibator 10mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Fibator 10mg Tablet is a combination medicine containing Atorvastatin and Fenofibrate. It is used to lower the increased bad cholesterol and triglyceride present in the blood along with a low-fat diet and lifestyle changes in patients having normal liver and kidney function. Atorvastatin works by lowering bad cholesterol and fenofibrate works by the breakdown of triglyceride fat present in the blood thus reducing the risk of heart diseases and preventing strokes and heart attacks. Nausea, loose motion or constipation, cold, joint pain or muscle pain, headache, indigestion are some of the side effects of using this medicine.
Uses of Fibator 10mg Tablet
- It is used to lower excess bad cholesterol and triglyceride present in the blood along with a low-fat diet and lifestyle changes in patients having normal liver and kidney function.
Contraindications of Fibator 10mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Atorvastatin, Fenofibrate or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have severe kidney disease or liver disease.
- If you have gallbladder disease.
- If you are pregnant or a lactating mother
Side effects of Fibator 10mg Tablet
- Loose motion
- Joint pain or muscle pain
- Stomach pain or back pain
- Urinary tract infection
- Muscle spasm
Precautions and Warnings of Fibator 10mg Tablet
Can I take Fibator 10mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Components of this medicine can cause harm to the unborn baby if taken during pregnancy. This medicine should not be taken by pregnant women.
Can I take Fibator 10mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine can pass in breastmilk and can cause harm to the breastfed baby. This medicine should not be taken by a lactating mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Fibator 10mg Tablet?
This medicine can cause dizziness. Avoid driving if you have dizziness after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Fibator 10mg Tablet?
Consuming alcohol while on this medicine can cause a liver problem. Avoid consuming alcohol while on this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a recent history of stroke.
- You have liver disease or had liver problems after taking this medicine.
- You have kidney problems due to muscle injury caused due to this medicine.
- You have muscle pain or muscle weakness with or without a fever after taking this medicine.
- You have diabetes or underactive thyroid.
- You have gallstone after taking this medicine.
- You have allergy or swelling of lips, face, throat, tongue after taking this medicine.
- You have a fever or rash after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Fibator 10mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Atorvastatin works by lowering bad cholesterol and fenofibrate works by the breakdown of triglyceride fat present in blood thus reducing the risk of heart diseases and preventing strokes and heart attacks.
Directions for Use of Fibator 10mg Tablet
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Interactions of Fibator 10mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Fibator 10mg Tablet with medicines such as Niacin, clarithromycin, itraconazole and medicines from the HIV protease inhibitors group of medicine can cause muscle problem.
- Concomitant use of Fibator 10mg Tablet with other medicines such as Warfarin increases the action of warfarin.
- Medicines such as Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, Diltiazem, Itraconazole, Glecaprevir and Pibrentasvir or Elbasvir and Grazoprevir can cause increase in the blood level of Fibator 10mg Tablet when taken together.read less
- Medicines such as efavirenz, rifampin can cause a decrease in the blood level of Fibator 10mg Tablet when used concomitantly.
- Concomitant use of Fibator 10mg Tablet with medicines such as Cyclosporine, Tacrolimus can cause kidney problem.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Interactions with food items
Consumption of excessive grapefruit juice (more than 1.2 lit/ day) along with this medicine can increase the blood level of atorvastatin.
Storage and disposal of Fibator 10mg Tablet
- Store it below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Fibator 10mg Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose include difficulty in breathing. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
- Missing a dose of this medicine may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take crushed Fibator 10mg Tablet?
A: Fibator 10mg Tablet should be taken as a whole with or without food at a fixed time every day.
Q: Does Fibator 10mg Tablet cause liver damage?
A: Fibator 10mg Tablet can cause liver damage as a side effect of using this medicine. Therefore Fibator 10mg Tablet intake should be avoided by people having liver disease.
Q: Does Fibator 10mg Tablet cause muscle injury?
A: Fibator 10mg Tablet can cause muscle injury as a side effect of using this medicine. Muscle injury due to intake of Fibator 10mg Tablet can cause kidney failure. Consult your doctor immediately if you have muscle pain or weakness after taking this medicine.
Q: What lifestyle changes should I adopt while taking Fibator 10mg Tablet?
A: Fibator 10mg Tablet is prescribed by your doctor to decrease bad cholesterol and triglyceride levels in your blood. Along with medication, lifestyle changes such as regular exercise, decrease in body weight in case of obesity, consumption of diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol is necessary.
Last Updated on: 11 Mar 2021 | 07:30 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved