Fcn 150mg Strip Of 1 Tablets
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
FCN 150 tablet is an antifungal medicine containing fluconazole as its active component. FCN 150 tablets are used to treat fungal infections caused by various organisms of the skin, blood, urinary tra
ct, mouth, throat and other parts of the body. Fluconazole acts by inhibiting the growth of the fungal cell wall, thus resulting in fungal cell death. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor at a fixed timing to gain optimal benefits. Pregnant and nursing women should not take this medicine....
Uses of Fcn 150mg Strip Of 1 Tablets
FCN 150 tablets are used to treat fungal infections caused by various organisms.
Contraindications of Fcn 150mg Strip Of 1 Tablets
- If you are allergic to fluconazole or any other ingredients of the FCN 150 tablet.
- If you are taking medicines like Astemizole, Terfenadine, Cisapride, Pimozide, Quinidine, Erythromycin.
Side effects of Fcn 150mg Strip Of 1 Tablets
- Skin rash
- Increased liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Fcn 150mg Strip Of 1 Tablets
Can I take the FCN 150 tablet during pregnancy?
- FCN 150 tablets should not be taken during pregnancy as it can cause harm to the unborn baby resulting in birth defects at high doses while threatened pregnancy at normal doses. Thus, it should be avoided during pregnancy....Read more
- Inform your doctor if you get pregnant while on this medicine or think you may be pregnant. It is recommended to use contraception at least for one week even after stopping the medicine.
Can I take the FCN 150 tablet while breastfeeding?
Fluconazole in FCN 150 tablet passes into the breastmilk. Breastfeeding can be continued after a single dose; however, if you are taking this medicine repeatedly or in high doses, breastfeeding is not recommended.
Can I drive if I have consumed the FCN 150 tablet?
You may experience dizziness or fits while taking the FCN 150 tablet. If you experience any of these, you should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with the FCN 150 tablet?
Avoid excess alcohol while taking the FCN 150 tablet, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver disease or kidney diseases.
- You have heart diseases and irregular heart rhythm.
- You have abnormal electrolyte levels (potassium, calcium or magnesium) in your blood.
- You have severe skin reactions.
- You have adrenal insufficiency (a condition where the adrenal gland does not produce sufficient steroid hormone).
Mode of Action of Fcn 150mg Strip Of 1 Tablets
How Does It Work?
FCN 150 tablet blocks the formation of the cell membrane of the fungus by inhibiting an enzyme. Thus, resulting in fungal cell death.
Directions for Use of Fcn 150mg Strip Of 1 Tablets
FCN 150 tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by you
Interactions of Fcn 150mg Strip Of 1 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the FCN 150 tablet works or the FCN 150 tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines for psychiatric illness, blood thinners like Warfarin, high blood pressure medicines, anticancer medicines, medicines for high cholesterol, painkillers and medicines for HIV....Read more
- The effect of contraceptive pills might be reduced. The addition of a barrier form of contraception is needed.
Storage and disposal of Fcn 150mg Strip Of 1 Tablets
- Do not store it above 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Fcn 150mg Strip Of 1 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose of the FCN 150 tablet may include feeling or seeing things that are not real (hallucination and paranoid behaviour). If you think you have taken too much of this medicine conta
ct your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not
take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using the FCN 150 tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are sexually active and discuss effective contraception methods.
- FCN 150 tablets can make your oral contraceptive pills work less efficiently.
- Hence, if you are on this medication, then use barrier methods of contraception like condoms.
Q: I have a cough, cold, flu, can I take the FCN 150 tablet?
A: No, flu mostly occurs due to viruses. FCN 150 tablet works against fungus and not viruses. Take it only if it is prescribed by your doctor for the complete duration of treatment.
Q: What is the FCN 150 tablet used for?
A: FCN 150 tablets is used to treat fungal infections of the skin, mouth, throat, urinary tract and various other parts of the body such as fingernails and toenails caused by various organisms.
Last Updated on: 29 Jun 2021 | 11:13 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved