Fastcet Ax Tablet
Fastcet Ax Tablet Description
Fastcet Ax Tablet is a combination medicine used to treat a cough with mucous. It also provides relief from allergic symptoms like itching, sneezing, a runny or stuffy nose, cough, congestion, watery
eyes, etc. Fastcet Ax contains ambroxol and cetirizine as its active ingredients. It acts by inhibiting the release of the natural chemical substance Histamine responsible for the allergic condition also works by loosening the mucus, thus easing breathing. Fastcet Ax Tablets may cause dizziness so be careful while driving or using heavy machines. Also, avoid smoking and avoid exposure to dust and pollution. You should take this medicine regularly as per your physician's instructions.
Uses of Fastcet Ax Tablet
Contraindications of Fastcet Ax Tablet
- If you are allergic to ambroxol, cetirizine or any of the ingredients of Fastcet Ax Tablet.
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you are suffering from a lung infection (like breathing difficulty, thick or blood-stained mucous, etc).
- If you have low immunity.
- If you are already suffering from asthma or COPD (chronic obstructive lung disorder).
- If you are suffering from severe gastric or ulcer problem.
Side effects of Fastcet Ax Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Fastcet Ax Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have a liver or kidney problem. The doctor will decide the dose accordingly.
- You have a history of fits.
- You are due to have allergy testing, as this medicine can affect the reports.
- You are pregnant or planning to have a baby and also breastfeeding.
Mode of Action of Fastcet Ax Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Cetirizine inhibits the allergic symptoms produced by histamines (a certain chemical substance that is released by the body).
- Ambroxol acts as a mucolytic agent. It works by loosening/thinning up the mucous in the respiratory passages and makes the mucous less sticky. Thus, it helps in removing the cough.
- The combined action of these ingredients helps in relieving cough and congestion.
Directions for Use of Fastcet Ax Tablet
- Fastcet Ax Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or after food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Fastcet Ax Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Fastcet Ax Tablet or Fastcet Ax Tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, which includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatments if you are taking for any disorders. ...
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for erectile dysfunction, heart diseases, muscle pain, brain-related disorder, arthritis, medicines for reducing stomach acid, anti-coagulants and certain supplements containing iron, calcium, etc....
Storage and disposal of Fastcet Ax Tablet
- Store Fastcet Ax Tablet below 25°C.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard properly the unused, expired medicine. Do not dispose of the medicine in household waste.
Dosage of Fastcet Ax Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Fastcet Ax Tablet if symptoms of allergy go away?
Q: Is Fastcet Ax Tablet good for dry cough?
Q: Can I take Fastcet Ax Tablet for throat pain?
Q: Is Fastcet Ax good for cold?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride 5 mg/5 ml Oral Solution - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]
- Cetirizine 10mg tablet [Internet]. Drreddys.com. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]
- Ambroxol Tablets [Internet]. Hsa.gov.sg. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]