Etoshine Mr Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Etoshine MR tablet is a pain-relieving medicine. It is used to relieve pain, swelling and inflammatory conditions affecting the muscle or surrounding joints. Etoshine MR Tablet is a combination medici
ne it contains etoricoxib and thiocolchicoside as its active ingredient. Etoshine MR works by inhibiting the action of certain chemicals responsible for pain, swelling and inflammation. It also relaxes the muscles and helps reduce muscle spasms. The dose and duration of the treatment will be decided by your doctor after careful assessment of your condition. It can be taken with or without a meal....
Uses of Etoshine Mr Tablet
Pain and spasm in muscles, joints and bones
Contraindications of Etoshine Mr Tablet
- If you are allergic to Etoricoxib or Thiocolchicoside or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have stomach or intestinal ulcers, bleeding from ulcers
- If you have a history of ulcer or bleeding previously
- If you have an allergy for painkillers (NSAIDs) like aspirin or Ibuprofen
- If you have any problems with your liver and kidney
- If you had or have heart problems like heart failure, heart attack, bypass surgery or stroke
- If you have high blood pressure that has not been previously controlled
- If you have any inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis or colitis
- If you're pregnant, planning to have a baby or breastfeeding
- If you are below 16 years of age
Side effects of Etoshine Mr Tablet
- Stomach discomfort
- Flu, infection
Precautions and Warnings of Etoshine Mr Tablet
Can I take the Etoshine MR Tablet during pregnancy?
- There is limited safety information available on the use of the Etoshine MR during pregnancy, hence it should not be used by pregnant women. If pregnancy is detected while on treatment with this medicine, the medicine must be discontinued. Women trying to conceive should not use this medicine....Read more
Can I take the Etoshine MR Tablet while breastfeeding?
Women taking the Etoshine MR tablet should not breastfeed.
Can I drive after consuming Etoshine MR Tablet?
You may experience visual disturbances, inability to recognise objects properly, sleepiness, dizziness while on treatment with Etoshine MR tablets, avoid driving if you feel unwell or unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol while taking Etoshine MR Tablet?
Avoid alcohol with Etoshine MR medicine as it may worsen the side effects of the medicine in the long term. The medicine disturbs liver functioning. Avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with the medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had or have stomach bleeding or ulcer.
- You suffer from vomiting or diarrhoea and are dehydrated.
- You develop swelling due to water retention (excess fluid) in the body.
- You suffer from heart, liver or kidney related problems
- You have infections (as the medicine may mask the fever associated with it).
- You suffer from diabetes, high cholesterol and smoking habit (as it may increase the chances of a heart problem).
- You suffer from fits (as it increases the chances of convulsions).
- You are over 65 years of age.
- You are pregnant, planning to have a baby or are breastfeeding.
- The medicine must not be given to children below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Etoshine Mr Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Etoshine MR tablet acts by the combined action of etoricoxib and thiocolchicoside. Etoricoxib works by inhibiting the formation of certain chemicals responsible for swelling, pain and inflammation.
- Thiocolchicoside is a muscle relaxant it relieves muscle spasms and pain associated with it. This medicine eventually helps in restoring the movement of muscles and joints.
Directions for Use of Etoshine Mr Tablet
- Take Etoshine MR tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food. Do not break or chew the medicine.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Etoshine Mr Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Etoshine MR tablet should be avoided during hormone replacement therapy or along with birth control pills, as it may increase your risk of side effects.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with antibiotics like Rifampicin for various infections and painkillers like Aspirin may increase the risk of stomach ulcers.
- Blood-thinning medicines or anticoagulants such as Warfarin
- Medicines used to modify immune response such as Methotrexate, Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus
- Medicines used to treat psychiatric illness such as Lithium containing products
- Blood pressure and medicines used for heart disorders such as Enalapril, Losartan and water pills
- Medicines used to treat heart failure and irregular heart rhythm such as Digoxin
- Other medicines such as Salbutamol, Minoxidil, Voriconazole should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Etoshine Mr Tablet
- Store Etoshine MR tablet in the original pack in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children and pets.
- Do not use this medicine after it passes the expiry date.
- Do not flush the medicine. You need to properly discard it when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Etoshine Mr Tablet
The overdose of Etoshine MR tablet may increase the side effects (nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, increased blood pressure, palpitation, etc.) of this medicine. If you think you have taken
more dose than required, contact your doctor or visit a nearby hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose of Etoshine MR tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgot
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking the Etoshine MR tablet on my own?
A: No, you must never stop taking the Etoshine MR tablet until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. Stopping the medicine leads to treatment failure.
Q: I am suffering from high blood pressure can I use the medicine?
A: Etoshine MR may be prescribed to you by your doctor after careful consideration of your condition. Inform your doctor about blood pressure or any other heart related consition before initiating treatment with this medicine.
Q: Is Etoshine MR tablet habit-forming?
A: No, the Etoshine MR tablet is not habit-forming.
Q: I am using birth control pills, can I use the Etoshine MR tablet?
A: Etoshine MR if taken along with certain birth control pills may increase the concentration of birth control pills and incidence of adverse events associated with oral contraceptives. Inform the doctor about the medicines you are taking before starting the Etoshine MR.
Q: What is the difference between the Etoshine MR tablet and the Etoshine tablet?
A: Etoshine MR is a combination medicine, it contains etoricoxib and thiocolchicoside, whereas Etoshine tablet contains only etoricoxib as its active ingredient.
Q: Is Etoshine MR a painkiller?
A: Yes, the Etoshine MR tablet is a pain killer.
Q: Can I take Etoshine MR tablet and Pregabalin together?
A: Etoshine MR is used for pain and swelling with muscle spasms and other medical conditions. You may use the medicine along with pregabalin but after consultation with the doctor. Avoid using the medicines without the doctor's advice.
Q: Who must not take the Etoshine MR tablet?
- Etoshine MR should not be taken by people who are allergic to etoricoxib and/or thiocolchicoside or any painkiller medicine.
- It should not be taken by patients with bleeding or ulcer in the stomach and intestine, liver disease, kidney disease, high blood pressure, inflammatory disease of the digestive and by pregnant and breastfeeding women....Read more
Q: Does the Etoshine MR tablet cause sleepiness?
A: Yes, the Etoshine MR tablet may cause sleepiness, it may make you feel nauseated and dizzy. Take a rest after taking the medicine if you experience the above symptoms. Avoid driving and activities that require mental alertness.
Q: Can I take aspirin with the Etoshine MR tablet?
A: Concomitant use of aspirin with the Etoshine MR tablet must be done with caution as it increases the risk of stomach ulcers. Avoid taking medicine without the advice of the doctor.
Last Updated on: 27 Aug 2021 | 05:50 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved