Estrabet 1mg Tablet
By ABBOTT INDIA LTD
28 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Estrabet 1mg Tablet contains ethinylestradiol. It is a semi-synthetic variety of the female hormone estrogen. It is used in case of estrogen deficiency and other female hormone-related disorders. It is also used to manage osteoporosis in menopausal women who are prone to fractures.
Uses of Estrabet 1mg Tablet
It is used to treat postmenopausal problems due to estrogen deficiency
Contraindications of Estrabet 1mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have problems with your heart or blood circulation
- If you smoke and are above 35 years of age
- If you are pregnant
- If you have problems with your liver
- If you have Hepatitis C infection
- If you had or have cancer of the womb or problems with your womb
- If you had or have breast cancer
- If you have diabetes or kidney problems
- If you have abnormal vaginal bleeding
- If you are taking medicines containing ombitasvir, paritaprevir, ritonavir, sofosbuvir, velpatasvir, voxilaprevir, dasabuvir, glecaprevir and pibrentasvir
Side effects of Estrabet 1mg Tablet
- Headache, migraine, altered mood
- Skin rash, swelling of face, tongue, throat
- Difficulty swallowing, unable to breathe
- Eye discomfort when lenses are used
- Breast problems like tenderness, leaking, enlargement
- High blood pressure, blood clots, jaundice
- Weight increased, pain in the calves
- High levels of calcium in the blood
- Men may develop breast, may look like females, impotency
Precautions and Warnings of Estrabet 1mg Tablet
Can I take Estrabet 1mg Tablet during pregnancy?
- This medicine should not be used during pregnancy.
- When pregnancy is detected, this medicine should be discontinued immediately.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Can I take Estrabet 1mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if this medicine passes into human milk; hence you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Estrabet 1mg Tablet?
It is not expected that this medicine will affect your ability to drive, but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Estrabet 1mg Tablet?
There is no effect of this medicine with alcohol, but you should avoid taking alcohol in excessive amount.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have diabetes or asthma or kidney problems or bleeding disorders.
- You have a condition of increased blood lipids (fats)
- You ever had hearing loss or wear contact lenses.
- You still have your womb or have cancer of the womb.
- You develop swelling in your body like tongue, throat, face or are unable to swallow or breathe.
- You have heart diseases or stroke or chest pain, as this medicine is not recommended in women who have heart diseases.
- You have blood disorders or are going to have surgery.
- You have breast cancer or breast diseases.
- It is not recommended for children and adolescents.
- Patients above 65 years may experience memory loss.
- Women above the age of 35 years should not smoke while on this medicine.
Mode of Action of Estrabet 1mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
It is a semi-synthetic version of the hormone estrogen present in the body of the females. Its action is identical to biological estrogen. It binds to the estrogen receptors and shows a beneficial effect on the bone density and inhibit bone restoration associated with osteoporosis in menopausal women.
Directions for Use of Estrabet 1mg Tablet
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Estrabet 1mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Estrabet 1mg Tablet and Anti fits medicines like phenytoin, primidone, Anti-infective medicines like rifampicin, rifabutin, and herbal products like St. John's wort can decrease the effect of Estrabet 1mg Tablet.read less
- Anti-HIV medicines like saquinavir, indinavir etc. when used with Estrabet 1mg Tablet can interfere with the effect of this medicine.
- Anti Fungal medicines like fluconazole, itraconazole may increase the effect of Estrabet 1mg Tablet and may increase the risk of side effects.
Interactions with food items
- Grapefruit juice tends to increase the levels of estrogen and hence should be avoided while using this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Estrabet 1mg Tablet
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Estrabet 1mg Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, bleeding.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of this medicine may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking this medicine until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine, it may lead to treatment failure.
Q: Is it fine if I occasionally smoke while taking this medicine?
A: You should avoid smoking while taking this medicine, as it may cause some serious effects.
- EMA. SmPC. Ethinylestradiol. [Accessed on 25-Sep-2020] (online)
- EMA. Patient Leaflet. Ethinylestradiol. [Accessed on 25-Sep-2020] (online)
- USPI. Lo Loestrin Fe. [Accessed on 25-Sep-2020] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Ethinylestradiol. [Accessed on 25-Sep-2020] (online)
- Drugbank.ca. Ethinylestradiol. [Accessed on 25-Sep-2020] (online)
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 05:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved