Esoz 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Esoz 40 MG Description
Esoz Tablet contains Esomeprazole as its active ingredient that is used to treat or prevent acid reflux diseases, stomach and intestinal ulcers due to excessive use of painkillers and antibiotics. Th
is medicine belongs to the class of medicines known to lower acid production in the stomach and also helps to exterminate H.Pylori bacterium to reduce the risk of intestinal ulcers. Take this medicine in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed by the doctor. It may take several days to show its result, so continue the medication even if you feel a little improvement in symptoms. It should be taken without food at least an hour before the meal. There are a few common side effects of this medicine like diarrhoea, a dry mouth, stomach pain, headache, etc. that usually go away with time, but if you feel these side effects persistently then talk to your doctor immediately.
Precautions and Warnings of Esoz 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are undergoing long-term treatment of this medicine.
- You are using anti-HIV medicines like Atazanavir or Nelfinavir.
- You develop stomach infections after using Esoz Tablet.
- You have unexplained weight loss, frequent vomiting, difficulty in swallowing and blood vomitings.
- You are an elderly patient on long term therapy. It increases the risk of fracture of hip, wrist and spine bones.
- You are undergoing treatment for a bacterial infection caused by H. pylori and are using an antibiotic called Clarithromycin.
- You have a vitamin B12 deficiency. Using Esoz Tablet can result in very low levels of Vitamin B12 in a prolonged therapy.
- You have a skin disorder, Subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus, characterised by a rash on areas of the skin exposed to the sun.
- You have a magnesium deficiency. It can result in very low levels of magnesium characterised by weakness, fits and irregular heartbeats.
- Esoz Tablet is not recommended for children under the age of 12 years.
Uses of Esoz 40 MG
- For the treatment of ulcers in the stomach and intestine.
- Provide relief from heartburn, pain and chest pain due to acid reflux disease such as GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease).
- Treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, a condition of increased acid production in the stomach due to a tumour.
- Treatment of ulcers due to excessive use of painkillers and certain antibiotics.
- To eradicate infection of a bacterium, H. Pylori, which if left untreated, can cause ulcers.
Contraindications of Esoz 40 MG
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of Esoz Tablet.
- If you are using Anti-HIV medicines like Nelfinavir.
Side effects of Esoz 40 MG
- Stomach pain
- A dry Mouth
Mode of Action of Esoz 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Esoz 40 MG
- Esoz Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken on an empty stomach.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results and do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Esoz 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Digoxin, a medicine used to treat heart failure with Esoz Tablet increases the effect of Digoxin and may result in toxicity.
- The use of Anti-HIV medicines like Atazanavir and Nelfinavir with this medicine can decrease the effect of Anti-HIV medicines.
- Esoz Tablet can increase the effect of Phenytoin, a medicine used to control fits, Voriconazole (antifungal) and Diazepam, a medicine used for a psychiatric disorder.
- The blood-thinning action of Warfarin is increased when used together with Esoz Tablet and there is a risk of bleeding.
- Monitoring is recommended when initiating and ending concomitant use of Esoz Tablet.
- Other medicines such as Cisapride (used for constipation), Clopidogrel & Cliostazal (Blood thinner), Tacrolimus and Methotrexate (Immunosuppressants) should be used cautiously with Esoz Tablet.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Esoz 40 MG
- Store Esoz Tablets at room temperature.
- Store in the original packaging to protect it from moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Esoz 40 MG
- An overdose of Esoz Tablet can result in symptoms like weakness and stomach discomforts. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Esoz Tablet after food?
Q: Can I give Esoz Tablet to my 7-year-old child?
- No, this medicine is not recommended for children as there is limited safety-related data for use in children under 12 years of age.
Q: Does Esoz Tablet reduce gas?
- No, this medicine does not reduce gas. However, it helps to relieve heartburn and pain due to increased acidity.
Q: Does Esoz Tablet cause liver pain?
- No, there is no such side effect reported with the use of Esoz Tablet. However, you may feel stomach discomforts after using this medicine, which should not be confused with the pain associated with the liver....
Q: What is Esoz Tablet used for?
- Esoz Tablet is used for the treatment of acid reflux diseases, ulcers and conditions of an increased acid production due to a tumour. It helps in relieving symptoms such as heartburn, chest pain and acidity. It also helps in eradicating bacteria, which if left untreated, can cause ulcers....
Q: What does Esoz Tablet contain Omeprazole or Esomeprazole?
- Esoz Tablet contains Esomeprazole as its active ingredient.