Esotrax 40mg Tablet
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The composition of Esotrax 40mg Tab includes esomeprazole, which belongs to the group of medicines which reduces the acid production in the stomach.
Uses of Esotrax 40mg Tab
The uses of Esotrax 40mg Tab are for treating stomach ulcers, ulcer in the first part of the intestine, helicobacter pylori infection and heartburn.
Contraindications of Esotrax 40mg Tab
- Any allergy to composition or other medicines containing proton pump inhibitors
- On-going treatment for HIV infection
- Stomach cancer or suspected stomach cancer
Side effects of Esotrax 40mg Tab
- Stomach ache
- Constipation or diarrhoea along with flatulence
- Nausea and vomiting
- Allergic reactions
- Skin rash
- Increased risk of infections
- Decreased sodium & magnesium levels in blood
- Serious skin conditions such as blistering of skin, erosion of nose, mouth, lips, genitals & sensitivity to light
Precautions and Warnings of Esotrax 40mg Tab
Can I take Esotrax 40mg Tab when pregnant?
There is no sufficient data about safe use of this medicine during pregnancy. Hence, check with your doctor before consuming this medicine.
Can I take Esotrax 40mg Tab if I am breastfeeding?
Reconfirm with your healthcare provider before taking this medicine while breastfeeding. There is no information available on whether it passes into breastmilk or not.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
If you experience dizziness or disturbed vision after taking this medicine, you should not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
No reports of interaction between alcohol and the medicine are available. However, too much alcohol leads to acidity and heartburn.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have had a stomach surgery, kidney problems, liver problems or jaundice
- You have had skin reactions after treatment with medicines in the past
- You develop skin rash on sun exposure
Mode of Action of Esotrax 40mg Tab
How Does It Work?
It decreases the quantity of acid produced by the stomach. The medicine binds itself to a proton pump which is responsible for secretion of stomach acids and thus blocks acid secretion.
Directions for Use of Esotrax 40mg Tab
- Take the dosage of Esotrax 40mg Tab as advised by your healthcare provider
- Swallow the entire tablet with a glass of water and do not chew or crush it
Interactions of Esotrax 40mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines like itraconazole, ketoconazole or erlotinib, methotrexate
- Medicines used for HIV/AIDS treatment
- Warfarin, phenprocoumon that affect thickening or thinning of blood
Interactions with food items
There are no known interactions with food. Consume Esotrax 40mg Tab on an empty stomach. Nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate, and cola) and alcohol can give rise to stomach acid or delay ulcer healing.
Storage and disposal of Esotrax 40mg Tab
- Store in its original container at room temperature
- Keep out of children's reach
- Prevent exposure to excess heat, moisture and direct light
Dosage of Esotrax 40mg Tab
Overdose of any medicine is unsafe. Seek medical attention immediately. The symptoms of overdose include nausea, dry mouth, headache, drowsiness, blurred vision, fast heartbeat, sweating, flushing, shortness of breath, tremors, loss of coordination, confusion, or seizure
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose take it as soon as you remember. But, if it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue as per your regular dosing schedule. Do not try to take a double dose in order to compensate for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When should I use the medicine?
A: Use the medicine only after consulting your doctor. This medicine used to treat too much acid produced in the stomach.
Q: What type of diet do I need to follow?
A: There are no dietary restrictions. You may follow your regular diet, unless your doctor suggests otherwise.
Q: How does it work?
A: It restricts the function of the proton pump that makes acid to digest food, thus reducing the amount of acid produced.
Q: When will I feel better?
- You will start feeling better in 2-3 days but it may take 2-4 weeks for complete action
- If you don’t feel better after 2 weeks, inform your doctor
Q: Can diet and lifestyle changes help?
- A healthy lifestyle may help to ease symptoms
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet and cut down on caffeine and drinks
- Maintain a healthy weight
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved