Erbitux 100mg Vial Of 50ml Injection
By E MERCK INDIA LTD
50ml Injection in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Erbitux 100 MG Description
Erbitux injection 50ml contains cetuximab. It is used to treat a certain type of cancer of the head and neck that has spread to nearby tissues or other body parts.
|₹2366.98 (14% on MRP)
|Metastatic cancer of the large intestine, certain type of cancer of the head and neck.
|Weakness, Confusion, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea
Check more medicines with composition as Cetuximab(100.0 Mg)
Uses of Erbitux 100 MG
- Metastatic cancer of the large intestine
- Certain types of cancer of the head and neck(squamous cell cancer)
Contraindications of Erbitux 100 MG
- Allergy to the ingredients of Erbitux injection or cetuximab itself
- mutant RAS metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) or in patients with unknown status of RAS mCRC
Side effects of Erbitux 100 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Erbitux 100 MG
Can I get an Erbitux injection during pregnancy?
Erbitux injection is not recommended during pregnancy.
Can I get an Erbitux injection while breastfeeding?
Erbitux injection is not recommended while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have been given Erbitux injection?
You may experience an inability to concentrate and may feel dizzy for a while after taking an Erbitux injection. Please avoid driving or operating heavy machinery until you are free from these symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Erbitux injection?
Consuming alcohol while on treatment with Erbitux injection may worsen some of the side effects of the injection, like drowsiness or headache. Please speak to your doctor if you have a habit of drinking alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to the ingredients of Erbitux injection or cetuximab itself
- You have or ever had heart disease
Mode of Action of Erbitux 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Cetuximab binds to the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), an antigen on the surface of certain cancer cells. As a result of this binding, the cancer cells can no longer grow and metastasize.
Directions for Use of Erbitux 100 MG
- Your doctor will decide the site of injection. The number of injections you will receive will depend on the treated condition and its severity. Your doctor will inject the appropriate dose to get effective relief of your symptoms. The medication has to be reconstituted and used immediately after preparation if it is clear....
Interactions of Erbitux 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- With concomitant use of cetuximab with platinum-based chemotherapy, the frequency of severe leukopenia or severe neutropenia may be increased, and thus may increase the chances of infections
- Concomitant use of cetuximab with fluoropyrimidines increases the risk of myocardial infarction and congestive heart failure as well as the hand-foot syndrome
- Concomitant use of cetuximab with capecitabine and oxaliplatin (XELOX) the frequency of severe diarrhoea may be increased
Storage and disposal of Erbitux 100 MG
Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date stated on the label. Store in a refrigerator (2°C – 8°C). Do not throw away the unused medicine in the household trash. Instead, please ask your pharmacist for safe disposal practices....
Dosage of Erbitux 100 MG
The chances of overdose are very rare as this injection is generally given to you in a healthcare facility by a trained healthcare professional like a doctor or a nurse. However, if you have been given too many injections, please speak to your doctor immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of Erbitux injection, then please call your doctor immediately and schedule an appointment as soon as possible to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Erbitux injection be given to children?
A: Erbitux injection is not recommended below the age of 18 years.
Q: Does Erbitux injection affect human fertility?
A: Erbitux injection may reduce fertility in women. Please talk to your doctor before starting the medication if you are trying to get pregnant.
Q: Can Erbitux injection be given to older people?
A: Yes, Erbitux injection can be given to older people, provided closely monitored especially for population over 75 years.
- Home - electronic medicines compendium (emc) [Internet]. Erbitux 5 mg/mL solution for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc); [cited 2022 Apr 10]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/317/smpc#CLINICAL_PRECAUTIONS
- MedlinePlus - Health Information from the National Library of Medicine [Internet]. Cetuximab Injection: MedlinePlus Drug Information; [cited 2022 Apr 10]. Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a607041.html
- Erbitux 5 mg/mL solution for infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/317/pil
Expires on or After
Low Platelet Count: Understanding Causes and Tips for Improving Platelet Levels
Key Highlights: Introduction Platelets play a crucial role in blood clotting, and having inadequate platelet counts can affect our well-being. Their number can decrease due to many factors. This situation is medically known as thrombocytopenia, that is, low platelet count. In this article, we delve into the production, functions, and health issues associated with platelets.
Low RBC Count: A Comprehensive Guide to Causes and Remedies
Key Highlights: Introduction Every part of our body needs red blood cells (RBCs). As they bring oxygen from the lungs to all cells, they make sure we work well and feel good. Anaemia or low RBC count occurs when our body doesn’t make enough RBCs, or it gets rid of them too quickly. In this
High MCH: Understanding Its Implications and Causes Based on Research
Key Highlights: Introduction Mean Corpuscular Haemoglobin (MCH) plays a vital role in determining the overall health of your body. A high MCH level can indicate various medical conditions that demand prompt attention. It’s crucial to understand the implications and causes of high MCH based on research to ensure proper diagnosis and management. In this article,
Can CBC Test Detect Cancer? Unveiling the Potential of Blood Tests
Key Highlights: Introduction Cancer comes in all shapes and sizes. It includes various types, stages, and origins. Detecting cancer early and finding out what type of cancer it is key for good management plan with a good outcome. A Complete Blood Count (CBC) test is often done by doctors to check up on their patients’
CBC Report: Understanding Its Importance and What it Reveals About Your Health
Key Highlights: Introduction Your bloodstream holds essential information about your overall health. A complete blood count (CBC) report is an easy and widely used diagnostic tool that can reveal a lot about the state of your well-being by analyzing different components of your blood. In this article, you’ll learn about the facts behind a
High PDW Blood Test: Understanding What it Means for Your Health
Key Highlights: Introduction PDW stands for Platelet Distribution Width, a measure of platelet size variation in your blood. This article aims to clarify the role of PDW blood tests in health care. In this post, we’ll talk about what causes its fluctuation and why it matters in diagnosis. We’ll also cover risks, how to control
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.