Epleran 25mg Tablet
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Epleran 25 MG Description
Epleran Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains a medicine known as eplerenone. It works by blocking the effect of aldosterone, a hormone in the body responsible for main
taining the water and salt balance. Do not take this medicine if you are having a history of an allergy, high potassium levels, kidney or liver problems. Inform your doctor about any other medicines you are taking along with it. This medicine may increase potassium levels in your blood produces side effects like muscle cramps, diarrhoea, nausea, dizziness and headache.
|Side effects||Increased Potassium levels, sleeplessness, dizziness, headache|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE|
Check more medicines with composition as Eplerenone(25.0 Mg)
Uses of Epleran 25 MG
Epleran Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure in adults.
Contraindications of Epleran 25 MG
- If you are allergic to eplerenone or any other components of this medicine.
- If you have high potassium levels in the blood.
- If you have severe liver or kidney problems.
- With other salt tablets or potassium-sparing diuretics (water pills which increases the level of potassium in the blood).
- If you are using the medicines such as ketoconazole, itraconazole (medicines to treat fungal infections), medicines used to treat HIV infection nelfinavir, ritonavir, antibiotics such as clarithromycin or telithromycin and medicines used in heart diseases such as angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor and an angiotensin receptor blockers....
Side effects of Epleran 25 MG
- Increased Potassium levels
- Low blood pressure
- Back pain
- Muscle cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Epleran 25 MG
Can I take Epleran Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information available about the safety of this medicine during pregnancy, thus it is advisable to take the doctor's advice before using it in pregnancy or if you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Epleran Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information related to the use of this medicine while breastfeeding. Hence, it is important to take your doctor's advice before using this medicine if you are breastfeeding your baby. Do not self-medicate.
Can I drive if I have consumed Epleran Tablet?
This medicine may cause dizziness; thus, it is advisable not to drive or use heavy machinery if you are using this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Epleran Tablet?
Chances of drowsiness increases if you take this medicine with alcohol. Hence, alcohol should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any kidney or liver problems.
- You are taking medicines like lithium (used for mental illness).
- You are taking medicines like tacrolimus or cyclosporine (used to treat skin conditions such as psoriasis or eczema and to prevent rejection after organ transplantation).
- Your doctor may advise a blood test before and during therapy with this medicine to measure the blood potassium levels, especially, if you are suffering from any kidney or liver problems.
Mode of Action of Epleran 25 MG
How Does It Work?
One of the chemical substances which control blood pressure and heart function is aldosterone. High levels of aldosterone produce changes in our body and that lead to heart-pumping problems called heart failure. Epleran Tablet blocks the effect of aldosterone and helps in heart-related disorders and lowering blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Epleran 25 MG
- Take Epleran Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
Interactions of Epleran 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Epleran Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are using the medicines such as ketoconazole, itraconazole (medicines to treat fungal infections), medicines used to treat HIV infection nelfinavir, ritonavir, antibiotics such as clarithromycin or telithromycin and medicines used in heart diseases such as angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor and an angiotensin receptor blockers....
- Ciclosporin or tacrolimus (used in the treatment of the skin conditions such as psoriasis or eczema and to prevent rejection after organ transplantation).
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines (NSAID's) certain painkillers such as ibuprofen. These medicines may cause kidney problems and eventually increase the risk of high potassium levels in your blood. ...
- Trimethoprim (used to treat bacterial infections) may increase the risk of high potassium levels in your blood.
- Warfarin (medicine to prevent clotting) should be used catiously with Epleran Tablet.
- St John’s Wort (herbal medicinal products), rifampicin (used to treat bacterial infections), carbamazepine, phenytoin, and phenobarbital (used, among others, to treat epilepsy) may decrease the effect Epleran Tablet....
Storage and disposal of Epleran 25 MG
- Keep Epleran Tablet out of the sight and reach of children and pets.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Store it below 30°C in the original packaging.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Epleran 25 MG
Symptoms of an overdose of Epleran Tablet may increase the side effects of this medicine. Taking too many tablets may cause your blood pressure to become low or even dangerously low. You may experience low blood pressure, expressed as a light feeling in your head, dizziness, a blurred vision, weakness, acute loss of consciousness or hyperkalaemia (high levels of potassium in the blood) expressed by muscle cramps, diarrhoea, nausea, dizziness or a headache. Seek immediate medical attention if you take too many tablets....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to make up for the forgotten dose. Do not stop taking this medicine without a doctor’s advice, as this may result in a flare-up of the symptoms....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Epleran Tablet used for?
A: Epleran Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure, especially in patients with recent episodes of a heart attack.
Q: How Epleran Tablet works?
A: High levels of aldosterone produce changes in our body and that lead to heart-pumping problems called heart failure. This medicine blocks the effect of aldosterone on the heart and blood pressure.
Q: What is the dose for Epleran Tablet tablet?
A: The dose of Epleran Tablet should be strictly followed as per your doctor's advice. You should not change or stop the dose of medicines without consulting your doctor.
Q: Is Epleran blood thinner?
A: No, Epleran is not a blood thinner. It is a potassium-sparing diuretic that works by blocking the effect of aldosterone, a hormone in the body responsible for maintaining the water and salt balance.
Q: What is the composition of Epleran?
A: Epleran composition includes eplerenone as its active component.
- Eplerenone 25mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Eplerenone 25mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed