Emof O Tablets
By EMERALD PHARMA PRIVATE LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Emof O Tablets Description
Emof O Tablets is an antibiotic containing a combination of two medicines - Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. It is used to treat diarrhoea caused due to mixed infections in adults. If you are allergic to t
his medicine, then avoid taking it. This medicine should be used as prescribed, and for the duration, it is prescribed. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it midway on your own without the knowledge of your doctor.
|Contains||Ofloxacin + Ornidazole|
Check more medicines with composition as Ofloxacin + Ornidazole
Uses of Emof O Tablets
Emof O Tablets is used in adult patients to treat diarrhoea due to mixed infection.
Contraindications of Emof O Tablets
If you have an allergy to Ofloxacin, Ornidazole or any of the ingredients of Emof O Tablets .
Side effects of Emof O Tablets
- Urge to scratch
- Urge to scratch in the genital part of women
- Inflammation in the vagina (discharge, itching, pain)
- Bad taste
- Blood disorders
- Increase in liver enzymes
- Abnormal urine reports (like excess of glucose, protein, alkaline urine, blood in urine, presence of white blood cells, etc)
Precautions and Warnings of Emof O Tablets
Can I take the Emof O Tablets during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using the Emof O Tablets , as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take the Emof O Tablets while breastfeeding?
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, as no information is available on the use of Emof O Tablets if you are breastfeeding, your doctor will tell you whether to use this medicine or not after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Emof O Tablets ?
You may feel sleepy, dizziness, visual disturbance, fits, body stiffness, loss of consciousness while taking the Emof O Tablets . Hence, avoid driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with the Emof O Tablets ?
It is advisable not to consume alcohol during the treatment with the Emof O Tablets , it can impair your driving ability.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any kind of liver problem.
- You experience diarrhoea.
- You experience joint pain or muscle pain.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You experience muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You are suffering from any heart condition, like Torsades de pointes.
- You experience clostridium difficile associated diarrhoea (CDAD).
- You experience sensitivity to light on exposure to natural or artificial sunlight.
- You experience adverse reactions like inflammation of tendon or tendon Rupture (a tendon separates in whole or in part from tissue to which it is attached).
- You are suffering from Peripheral neuropathy (when the message-carrying capacity of nerve, to and from the brain and spinal cord from and to the rest of the body are damaged) like burning, tingling, numbness, pain, etc....
- You experience some effects on the central nervous system (CNS) like nervousness, aggression, lack of sleep, anxiety, hallucinations, depression, suicidal thoughts, etc.
- You may feel adverse reactions like fever, rashes, jaundice, allergic pneumonitis, difficulty in swallowing, swelling on face, lips, tongue, throat, fast heartbeat or any other allergic reactions.
Mode of Action of Emof O Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Emof O Tablets works by the combined action of Ofloxacin & Ornidazole.
- Ofloxacin inhibits the enzyme synthesis responsible for bacterial DNA replication. Hence, it shows the bactericidal effect.
- Ornidazole destructs the DNA helical structure, which interrupts the protein synthesis and ultimately leads to the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Emof O Tablets
Emof O Tablets s should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Emof O Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the it works or the Emof O Tablets itself can affect the action of certain medicines when taken together.
- Medicines used to treat acidity (antacids) like sucralfate, antacids containing calcium and magnesium should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours with this medicine.
- Certain painkillers if taken along with this medicine can lead to seizures, fits and stimulation of brain activity.
- Medicines used to treat asthma or airway disease (COPD) like theophylline if taken along can lead to increased risk of getting side effects.
- Concomitant use of the Emof O Tablets with blood thinners such as warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding, should be used cautiously.
- Some medicines can affect the way the Emof O Tablets works or the Emof O Tablets itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Storage and disposal of Emof O Tablets
Store Emof O Tablets s in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Emof O Tablets
Symptoms of overdose may include drowsiness, nausea, dizziness, hot and cold flushes. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Emof O Tablets s, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Emof O Tablets , then take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take the Emof O Tablets ?
A: You are supposed to take the Emof O Tablets as per the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you stop taking this early, then you may develop resistance. Also, there are many chances of reoccurrence of the infection.
Q: Is the Emof O Tablets habit-forming?
A: No, the Emof O Tablets is not habit-forming.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed