Embeta Tm 50mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The Embeta-TM tablets contain two medicines, telmisartan and metoprolol. This tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and to prevent heart damage due to other factors. They are used in combination for better management of blood pressure since they act by different mechanisms. It is a prescription medicine to be taken only with medical supervision....
|You Save||₹38.34 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Telmisartan(40.0 Mg),Metoprolol(50.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure, prevent heart attack|
|Side effects||Dizziness, headache, fatigue, nausea, slow heart beat|
Check more medicines with composition as Telmisartan(40.0 Mg) + Metoprolol(50.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Embeta Tm 50mg Tablet
Uses of Embeta Tm 50mg Tablet
- Treatment of high blood pressure, chest pain, irregular heart rhythm, symptoms due to overactive thyroid gland
- Prevention of heart damage and heart attacks
Contraindications of Embeta Tm 50mg Tablet
- Liver issues
- Medicines containing aliskiren
- Very slow heart beat
- Heart attack history
- Condition of reduced blood flow to limbs or blocked blood vessels
- In increased blood acidity
- In diabetics with frequently low blood sugar
- History of breathing difficulties or asthma
- Irregular heart rhythm
- Prinzmetal's angina (chest pain)
- Heart failure not under control
- High blood pressure due to tumour near the kidney
- Hypersensitivity to telmisartan, metoprolol, or other contents of the tablets
- With injections to treat blood pressure such as verapamil, disopyramide, diltiazem
Side effects of Embeta Tm 50mg Tablet
- Slow heart rate
- Low blood pressure
- Feeling sick
Precautions and Warnings of Embeta Tm 50mg Tablet
Is taking the Embeta-TM safe during pregnancy?
This medication should not be taken if you are pregnant. Your doctor will make this decision based on your medical situation.
Is it okay to take Embeta-TM when I'm breastfeeding?
Embeta-TM tablets are not indicated for use in breastfeeding women.
Can I drive after taking the Embeta-TM?
If you experience side effects like weakness or drowsiness, avoid driving after taking the tablet.
Can I consume alcohol after taking the Embeta-TM?
Alcohol can increase the blood pressure lowering effect of this medicine. Avoid consuming alcohol when on therapy with Embeta-TM.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from another disease
- You have experienced allergic reaction to any medicine from this tablet before
- You are elderly
- You have lactose allergy
- You suffer from liver cirrhosis or have myasthenia gravis or dry eyes
- You suffer from any heart disorders or blood vessel disorders
- You have a slow heart rate
- You are taking other medicines for other symptoms or disease
- You are going to have any surgery where you will be given an anaesthesia
- You have diabetes or heart failure or high blood pressure due to a kidney tumour
- You have issues with aldosterone in the body or your potassium blood levels may be lowered
Mode of Action of Embeta Tm 50mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Metoprolol acts by blocking activation of the body systems that cause higher heart rate and contraction. Telmisartan acts by blocking chemicals that cause blood vessels to contract and increase blood pressure. Metoprolol also releases fatty acids from their storages in the body. Thus, by relaxation of blood vessels, this medicine reduces the blood pressure and helps prevent heart problems....
Directions for Use of Embeta Tm 50mg Tablet
- Consume the tablet whole with water, do not chew on it
- Take it exactly as told by the doctor
- If you find it difficult to swallow, break it into two halves using the line on the tablet
- Do not alter the dose yourself unless told by the doctor
Interactions of Embeta Tm 50mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Other blood pressure management medications may cause the blood pressure to fall very low, hence, they should be avoided
- NSAIDs or pain management medicines can reduce the effects of telmisartan and metoprolol
- Giving adrenaline or noradrenaline to patients taking Embeta-TM tablets can increase their blood pressure
- Rifampicin can decrease plasma concentrations of metorpolol
- Medicines used to treat anxiety or hypnotics can ineract with these medicines to cause very low blood pressure
- Corticosteroids decrease the effect of telmisartan
- Medications affecting the urine output such as furosemide can also cause very low blood pressure if given with Embeta-TM
- Concurrently given lithium may cause lithium toxicity
- Aliskiren containing medicines if given withEmbeta-TM can cause greater incidence of side effects like increased blood potassium levels, low blood pressure or kidney problems
Storage and disposal of Embeta Tm 50mg Tablet
Do not use it after the expiry date. Store at room temperature away from light, moisture. Do not throw away the extra or leftover medicine in the sewage.
Dosage of Embeta Tm 50mg Tablet
If you take more than required, contact your doctor immediately or go to the nearest hospital.You might experience overdose symptoms like fainting, weakness, nausea, etc.
Missed a Dose
Take the dose if you remember you forgot one. Do not do that if it is almost time for another dose. Avoid taking any extra tablets to compensate.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Embeta-TM tablets if I start observing low blood pressure?
A: You should not stop taking this medicine unless the doctor asks you to. Consult your doctor if you are experiencing low blood pressure symptoms like dizziness.
Q: How long will Embeta-TM tablet take to work?
A: It may take a couple of hours for the tablet to start showing effect after you begin therapy.
Q: Is there anything I need to avoid eating while taking Embeta-TM tablet?
A: Ask your doctor if any food items need to be included in or excluded from the diet. Salt reduction is advised for high blood pressure in general.
Q: Can I take potassium supplements along with Embeta-TM tablet?
A: Taking potassium supplements or certain diuretics that prevent potassium loss from urine may increase blood levels of potassium to high levels. Therefore, the levels should be carefully monitored after consultation with a doctor.
- Metoprolol Tartrate 50 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/5345/smpc#gref
- Telmisartan 40mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/5386/smpc#gref
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.