Embeta 50mg Tablet
Embeta 50 MG Description
Embeta Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and various other heart-related conditions such as angina (chest pain), heart failure, preventing further complications. It contains metoprolol as i
ts active ingredient that acts by relaxing the blood vessels, reducing the load on the heart and decreasing blood pressure. Embeta Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not abruptly stop taking the medicine. This tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the Embeta Tablet.
|You Save||₹5.05 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||High blood pressure, angina (chest pain), prevent heart attack and migraine|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, dizziness, headache, low blood pressure|
- Metopole 50mg TabletBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 52.60₹ 42.08₹
- Metolar 50mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Cipla Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 66.07₹ 56.16₹
Uses of Embeta 50 MG
Contraindications of Embeta 50 MG
- If you are allergic to metoprolol or other ingredients of Embeta Tablet.
- If you have a heart condition such as heart block, uncontrolled heart failure.
- If you have asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) or lung condition.
- If you have low blood pressure, diabetes, renal or liver disease, a decreased heart rate.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance, acid-base imbalance.
- If you are taking medication like verapamil, diltiazem, disopyramide (heart medicine).
Side effects of Embeta 50 MG
- Stomach pain
- A sudden drop in blood pressure when you stand from a seated or lying down position (orthodynamic hypotension)
Precautions and Warnings of Embeta 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking the Embeta Tablet.
- You have medical conditions such as diabetes, heart conditions, liver or kidney disease.
- You have respiratory conditions like asthma, obstructive lungs disease (COPD).
- You are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding.
- You have a tumour of the adrenal gland tissue (Pheochromocytoma).
- You have an overactive thyroid (a condition when the thyroid gland produces too much of the thyroxine hormone).
- You are suffering from a type of skin disease psoriasis.
- You have circulation related problems in the toes, arm, legs or fingers.
- You are suffering from a type of chest pain (Prinzmetal’s angina).
- You recently had a heart attack, chest pain or heart surgery.
- Embeta Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Embeta 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Embeta 50 MG
Interactions of Embeta 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Embeta works or this medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for a brain-related disorder....
Storage and disposal of Embeta 50 MG
- Store Embeta Tablets below 25°C. Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Embeta 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Embeta Tablet a beta-blocker?
Q: Can I stop taking Embeta if my blood pressure level comes in control?
Q: Is Embeta blood thinner?
- Metoprolol film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- METOPROLOL SUCCINATE- metoprolol succinate ER tablets tablet, film coated, extended release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Lactmed - Metoprolol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Metoprolol film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]