Elocon Cream 30gm
Elocon 0.1 % Description
Elocon Cream is a topical steroid medicine. It is used to alleviate (relieve) the symptoms of various skin diseases like dermatitis and eczema-like redness, swelling and itching. It contains mometaso
e as its active ingredient. Avoid the medicine to treat other skin conditions than prescribed by the doctor. It is used for external application and must be applied as recommended by the doctor for the prescribed duration. Wash your hand before and after applying the Cream. Before starting the treatment, you should tell your doctor about detailed health conditions especially skin related problems if any. Do not use Elocon Cream for a prolonged duration unless it is prescribed by your dermatologist, as it contains a steroid. Avoid sun exposure immediately after applying this Cream. If you don't see any improvement even after two weeks of treatment, let your doctor know immediately.
Uses of Elocon 0.1 %
Contraindications of Elocon 0.1 %
- If you are allergic to mometasone or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have rosacea, a skin condition affecting the face.
- If you have itching in your private parts, wounds, nappy rash, skin eruptions and skin infections.
- It can worsen acne, herpes, warts, chickenpox, ringworm or conditions like swelling near the mouth.
Side effects of Elocon 0.1 %
- Skin reactions
- Skin infections
- Inflammation or infection of the hair follicles.
- Skin thinning
- Red marks
- Excessive hair growth
- Stretch marks
- Dry skin
Precautions and Warnings of Elocon 0.1 %
Other General Warnings
- You develop blurred vision or other visual disturbances.
- Your skin becomes irritated or sensitive or develop an infection on your skin.
- Your psoriasis gets worse or you get raised bumps filled with pus under your skin.
- Your skin disease is worsening.
- In children, this may lead to delayed growth and development.
- Avoid smoking or flames after applying this medicine as it may cause burns.
- Elocon Cream is not recommended for children under 2 years of age
Mode of Action of Elocon 0.1 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Elocon 0.1 %
- Use Elocon Cream as directed by your doctor
- For external use only, apply it on healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately
Interactions of Elocon 0.1 %
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Elocon 0.1 %
- Elocon Cream should be stored below 25°C.
- Keep it out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not use it after its expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Elocon 0.1 %
- If you use this medicine more than you should or in large quantities, it may interfere with some hormone balance. It can cause puffiness on the face, swelling of the face and weakness.
- The larger amount for a longer period may affect the growth and development of children.
- Accidental ingestion of medicine should not cause any concern. However, kindly consult your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed to apply Elocon Cream, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.