Elocon Cream 10gm
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Elocon cream is a topical steroid used to alleviate the symptoms of skin diseases like dermatitis and eczema-like redness and itching. It contains mometasone as its active ingredient that belongs to t
he steroid group of medicines. Use this medicine exactly as instructed by the doctor. Before starting the treatment you should tell your doctor about detailed health condition especially skin related problems if any. Do not use it for a prolonged duration unless it is prescribed by your dermatologist, as it contains a steroid. Avoid sun exposure immediately after applying this cream. If you don't see any improvement even after two weeks of treatment, let your doctor know immediately....
Uses of Elocon Cream 10gm
Elocon cream is used to reduce redness and itching caused by skin problems like psoriasis (a skin disease in which scaly, pink patches develop on the knees, elbows, scalp and other parts of the body)
or dermatitis (skin reaction in which the skin becomes red and itchy)....
Contraindications of Elocon Cream 10gm
- If you are allergic to mometasone or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have rosacea, a skin condition affecting the face.
- If you have itching in your private parts, wounds, nappy rash, skin eruptions and skin infections.
- It can worsen acne, herpes, warts, chickenpox, ringworm or conditions like swelling near the mouth.
Side effects of Elocon Cream 10gm
- Skin reactions
- Skin infections
- Inflammation or infection of the hair follicles.
- Skin thinning
- Red marks
- Excessive hair growth
- Stretch marks
- Dry skin
Precautions and Warnings of Elocon Cream 10gm
Can I apply Elocon cream during pregnancy?
The use of this medicine during pregnancy should be performed only as per the doctor's advice. There is no adequate safety data available for mometasone use during pregnancy.
Can I apply Elocon cream while breastfeeding?
The use of this medicine while breastfeeding should be continued only as per the doctor's advice. If it has to be applied in high doses or long periods, then breastfeeding should be discontinued. Do not apply it near the breast or nipple area.
Can I drive if I have applied Elocon cream?
Elocon cream is to be applied locally and no data is available for its effect on driving.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Elocon cream?
Elocon cream is to be applied locally and no data is available for its use with alcohol consumption.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop blurred vision or other visual disturbances.
- Your skin becomes irritated or sensitive or develop an infection on your skin.
- Your psoriasis gets worse or you get raised bumps filled with pus under your skin.
- Your skin disease is worsening.
- In children, this may lead to delayed growth and development.
- Avoid smoking or flames after applying this medicine as it may cause burns.
- Elocon cream is not recommended for children under 2 years of age
Mode of Action of Elocon Cream 10gm
How Does It Work?
Mometasone is a topical steroid that decreases inflammation thus reduces redness, scaling and itching associated with it.
Directions for Use of Elocon Cream 10gm
- Use this medicine as directed by your doctor
- For external use only, apply it on healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately
Interactions of Elocon Cream 10gm
Interactions with other medicines
As the medicine is used externally topically, no details about possible drug interactions are available. It is advised to not use any other medicine together without your doctor's advice.
Storage and disposal of Elocon Cream 10gm
- The medicine should be stored below 25°C.
- Keep it out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not use it after its expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Elocon Cream 10gm
- If you use this medicine more than you should or in large quantities, it may interfere with some hormone balance. It can cause puffiness on the face, swelling of the face and weakness.
- The larger amount for a longer period may affect the growth and development of children.
- Accidental ingestion of medicine should not cause any concern. However, kindly consult your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
- If you forget to use your medicine at the suggested time, use it as soon as you remember, then carry on as before.
- Do not stop the medicine abruptly if you feel better without consulting your doctor.
- It is advised to reduce the use gradually before stopping use.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why is Elocon cream used?
A: Elocon cream is a topical steroid. It is used for skin ailments to reduce inflammation and related symptoms.
Q: Can I apply Elocon cream during pregnancy?
A: During pregnancy, treatment with mometasone should be performed as per the doctor's advice. However, the application on large body surface areas or over a prolonged period should be avoided. Safety data about mometasone in pregnancy is still inadequate.
Q: How to use Elocon cream?
A: Elocon cream should be applied on intact skin as per the advice of your doctor.
Q: Can I use Elocon cream on the face?
A: You can apply Elocon cream on the facial area but make sure not to expose eyes or ingest the medicine accidentally. But if you have a condition called rosacea or herpes on the face, do not apply it as it can worsen these skin conditions.
Q: Is Elocon cream a steroid?
A: Yes, Elocon cream is a topical steroid preparation containing mometasone.
Q: Can we use Elocon cream for pimples?
A: Elocon cream is not indicated for pimples. This cream may even worsen them.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 18 May 2021 | 12:35 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved