Elocon Cream 10gm
Elocon 0.1 % Description
Elocon cream is a topical steroid medicine that is used to reduce the redness, swelling and itching caused by various skin diseases like dermatitis and eczema. Eczema is a condition that makes your skin dry and red. Dermatitis is a skin condition that occurs when the skin reacts to outside agents like chemicals and cleaning agents, causing the skin to become red and itchy.
Elocon cream contains mometasone as its active ingredient which works by reducing redness and itching. This cream is meant for external application only. You should use this cream exactly as recommended. Do not use more of the cream or apply it more often than recommended by your doctor. Avoid using the medicine to treat other skin conditions than that prescribed by the doctor.
Momstar cream, Momate cream, and Mosovira cream also have mometasone as their active ingredient. Before starting the treatment, you should tell your doctor about your medical history, especially skin-related problems. Avoid sun exposure immediately after applying this cream. Elocon cream is not recommended for use in children under 2 years of age.
Uses of Elocon 0.1 %
Contraindications of Elocon 0.1 %
- If you are allergic to mometasone or any other ingredient of Elocon cream.
- If you have rosacea, a skin condition affecting the face.
- If you have itching in your genitals, wounds, nappy rash, skin eruptions, or skin infections.
- If you have any condition like acne, herpes, warts, chickenpox, ringworm, or swelling near the mouth.
Side effects of Elocon 0.1 %
- Burning sensation
- Pricking sensation
Precautions and Warnings of Elocon 0.1 %
Other General Warnings
- You develop blurred vision or other vision disturbances after using Elocon cream.
- Your skin becomes irritated or sensitive or you develop an infection on your skin after using this cream.
- Your psoriasis gets worse or you get raised bumps filled with pus under your skin.
Directions for Use of Elocon 0.1 %
- Elocon cream should be used as recommended by your doctor.
- Clean and dry your hands before applying the cream.
- Apply a thin layer of the medication only to the affected areas and rub gently to cover the entire affected area.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this cream, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Storage and disposal of Elocon 0.1 %
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of Elocon 0.1 %
- Elocon cream is a topical steroid. It is used for the treatment of redness and itchiness caused by various skin conditions like dermatitis and psoriasis.
- This medicine is meant for external application and should not be ingested.
- Use this medicine only as prescribed by your doctor and do not use it for longer than recommended.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are to be treated. Do not apply this medicine to the eyelids.
- Before starting treatment with Elocon cream, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Also, inform the doctor about all other topical medicines that you are using.
- Do not give this medicine to anyone else, even if they have the same condition as you do.
- Elocon Cream is not recommended for children under the age of 2 years.
Dosage of Elocon 0.1 %
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Elocon 0.1 %
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Elocon 0.1 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Elocon cream is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines.
- However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.