Ecosprin Av 75/20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
By USV PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule is used to lower the bad cholesterol level and reduce the chances of heart stroke. It is a combination of atorvastatin and aspirin (Acetylsalicylic acid) as the active ingredients. Atorvastatin in Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule decreases the level of bad cholesterol (LDL), triglycerides and increases the level of good cholesterol (HDL) in the body, while Aspirin in this medicine decreases the formation of blood clots. Take this medicine with food or as advised by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine, even if you feel better, without consulting your doctor. You should avoid consuming a high fat, fried and junk meals and also maintain a healthy and active lifestyle to gain optimum benefit along with Ecosprin AV 75.
Uses of Ecosprin Av 75/20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule is used for the treatment of increased cholesterol, especially when associated with the risk of heart disease, heart attack or stroke.
Contraindications of Ecosprin Av 75/20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you have any allergic reaction to atorvastatin, aspirin or any of the ingredient of Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule.
- If you have bleeding disorders.
- If you have a history of ulcer in the stomach or small intestine.
- If you have gout.
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you are pregnant (last three months) or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking medicines for cancer or rheumatoid arthritis (like methotrexate - more than 15mg per week).
- If you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis C like Glecaprevir/ Pibrentasvir.
Side effects of Ecosprin Av 75/20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Body pain (joint, back, throat, muscle)
- Swelling of nasal passages and bleeding from the nose
- Indigestion, heartburn and nausea
- Increased risk of bleeding
- Breathing difficulty
- Abnormal liver function and increased creatinine level
Precautions and Warnings of Ecosprin Av 75/20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Can I take the Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule during pregnancy?
- Pregnant women should not take the Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule as it is unsafe during pregnancy as it can cause harm to the foetus.
- If you think you are pregnant or might become pregnant, discontinue the treatment and seek a safer alternative.
Can I take the Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule while breastfeeding?
Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule passes into the breastmilk. Thus, you should not take this medicine if you are breastfeeding unless it is advised by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding, as this medicine may harm your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule?
Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule is unlikely to affect your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with the Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule?
It would be best if you do not take alcohol while taking the Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule. Drinking alcohol may increase the risk of bleeding in the stomach and intestines. If you have or had any liver disease, there are increased chances of further liver damage with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have pre-existing medical conditions like liver or kidney disease, respiratory problem, thyroid disorders, bleeding disorders, hypertension, gout, etc.
- You experience muscle pain, cramps, weakness and fever after taking this medicine, immediately inform your doctor.
- You experience any muscle problems after taking other lipid-lowering medicines.
- You are addicted to alcohol.
- You are undergoing surgery or had an operation recently.
- You notice black tarry stools or blood in vomit.
- You have ulcers in your stomach or small intestine.
- You experience heavy menstrual bleeding, do not take this medicine as it can increase the bleeding.
- You are taking medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid as this may cause serious muscle injury.
- You have diabetes a regular blood glucose check-up is needed.
Mode of Action of Ecosprin Av 75/20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
- Cholesterol is made by the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Atorvastatin inhibits this enzyme. Therefore, lowering cholesterol and bad cholesterol (LDL levels). It also increases the good cholesterol known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL levels).read less
- Aspirin in low doses stops the platelets from forming a clot so that the blood can flow without any obstruction in the arteries.
Directions for Use of Ecosprin Av 75/20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule should be taken as a whole with a glass of water at a fixed time to gain optimal benefit.
- It should not be broken, crushed or chewed.
- It is recommended to take it at night before going to bed.
Interactions of Ecosprin Av 75/20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule or Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder.read less
- In particular if you are taking medicines for hepatitis like glecaprevir, anti-coagulants like warfarin, other hypertensive medicines, antibiotics like clarithromycin, antifungal medicines, immunosupressants etc.read less
- Avoid the use of painkillers as it can lead to stomach bleeding.
Interactions with food items
Intake of grapefruit juice should be limited in quantity as grapefruit may alter the effect of Ecosprin AV.
Storage and disposal of Ecosprin Av 75/20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Store Ecosprin AV at or below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check expiry date before starting the treatment.
Dosage of Ecosprin Av 75/20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Symptoms of overdose of Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule include ringing in the ears, dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting and stomach ache, sweating, fever, increased pulse or breathing rate, fits and low blood sugar. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking the Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule?
A: Try to take your medicine at the same time every day. Try connecting your medicine with daily activities such as brushing your teeth at night or having your dinner. It may help you to remember. Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go off at the time you need to take your medicine. You can also use a pillbox with the days of the week on it.
Q: What are the precautions I need to follow while taking the Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule?
A: Before you undergo any surgeries or during medical emergencies, inform your doctor that you are on treatment with the Ecosprin AV 75, as it contains Aspirin and excess of it can cause bleeding disorders.
Q: I am on Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule and planning a pregnancy. What precautions do I need to take?
A: Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule should not be taken during or before conceiving. Use effective contraception to avoid pregnancy when on this medicine. If you are planning a pregnancy, inform the same to your doctor. Your doctor may change this medicine to a safer alternative.
Q: Is Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule safe?
A: Yes, the Ecosprin-AV 75 is safe when you take it as advised by your doctor for the stated duration. Taking more than the prescribed dose of this medicine cannot be harmful and increase associated side effects.
Q: What is the Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule used for?
A: The Ecosprin-AV 75 capsule is a combination of Atorvastatin and Aspirin. This medicine acts by lowering the levels of bad cholesterol in the body and increasing the levels of good cholesterol. It reduces the risk of clot formation within the blood vessels, thereby reducing the risk of heart disease, heart attack and stroke.
- ATORLIP ASP Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 30 April 2021]
- Aspirin 75mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 April 2021]
- Atorvastatin 10 mg Film Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 30 April 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
- Ecosprin Av 75 Mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Ecosprin Av 150 20 Mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Ecosprin Av 150 Mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Ecosprin Av 75 Mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Ecosprin Av 150 20 Mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Ecosprin Av 150 Mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Ecosprin Av 10 75 Mg Capsule 14
- Ecosprin Av 75 20 Mg Capsule 15
|You Save||₹4.88 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Acetylsalicylic Acid(75.0 Mg),Atorvastatin(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Lipid lowering, heart disease|
|Side effects||Nausea, headache, diarrhea, body pain|
Last Updated on: 05 May 2021 | 03:02 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved