Duphalac Lemon Flavour Solution 150ml
Duphalac 3.335 GM Description
Duphalac oral solution is a laxative medication. It contains lactulose as an active substance. Duphalac oral solution is used in the treatment of constipation. It works by increasing the water conten
t of the stools and increasing bowel movements to make the passage of stools easier. Take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Before starting Duphalac oral solution, inform your doctor if you are pregnant/breastfeeding and about your complete medical history.
Uses of Duphalac 3.335 GM
Contraindications of Duphalac 3.335 GM
- If you are allergic to lactulose or to any of the other ingredients of Duphalac oral solution.
- If you have a condition where you are unable to process a type of sugar called galactose (galactosemia).
- If you have inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease), blockage in the digestive tract, or any abnormality of gut movement.
- If you have a condition called digestive perforation or risk of digestive perforation, or a painful abdominal syndrome of unknown cause.
Side effects of Duphalac 3.335 GM
- Abdominal pain
- Flatulence (gas)
Precautions and Warnings of Duphalac 3.335 GM
Other General Warnings
- You observe no improvement even after several days of taking this medicine.
- You are intolerant to lactose.
- You have diabetes.
- You have a condition called Roemheld syndrome.
- You are elderly or your general condition is poor.
Mode of Action of Duphalac 3.335 GM
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Duphalac 3.335 GM
- Take the exact amount of Duphalac oral solution as recommended by the doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Duphalac 3.335 GM
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Duphalac oral solution works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Duphalac oral solution may increase the loss of potassium caused by other medicines like thiazides (used to treat fluid accumulation and high blood pressure), steroids (used to treat inflammation), and amphotericin B (used to treat fungal infections)....
- The use of this medicine with cardiac glycosides like digitalis (used for the treatment of heart failure) can increase the effect of the glycosides by causing potassium deficiency.
- By increasing the dosage of Duphalac oral solution, a decrease in pH value of the colon occurs which may inactivate those medicines which are released in the colon (like 5-ASA used for treating inflammatory bowel disease)....
Storage and disposal of Duphalac 3.335 GM
- Store Duphalac oral solution below 25°C in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets
Dosage of Duphalac 3.335 GM
- The symptoms of overdose of Duphalac oral solution include abdominal pain and diarrhoea.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Duphalac oral solution used for?
Q: What is the composition of Duphalac?
Q: How many times in a day should I take Duphalac solution?
Q: Can Duphalac be used in children?
Q: Can I take Duphalac empty stomach?
Other Products from this Brand
- DUPHALAC LEMON FLAVOUR SOLUTION 450ML
- DUPHALAC LEMON FLAVOUR SOLUTION 250ML
- DUPHALAC FIBER SOLUTION 200ML
- DUPHALAC BOTTLE OF 300ML ENEMA
- DUPHALAC BOTTLE OF 100ML ENEMA
- DUPHALAC FIBER SOLU 100ML
- DUPHALAC BEARS STRAWBERRY FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 30 GUMMIES
- DUPHALAC STRAWBERRY FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 30 CHEWABLE GUMMIES
- DUPHALAC BULK LEMON FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 160ML ORAL SOLUTION