By ACEKEINETICS HEALTHCARE LTD
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Drovat Inj is an anti-spasmodic medicine containing drotaverine. It helps in pain relief due to spasms. Drovat Inj works by relaxing the smooth muscle. Therefore, it provides relief from spasm and pain. This medicine will be given under the medical supervision of doctor or nurses....
Uses of Drovat Inj
For relieving spasm and pain associated with smooth muscles.
Contraindications of Drovat Inj
- If you are allergic to drotaverine or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have liver, kidney or heart-related problem.
- This medicine is not recommended to be used in children below the age of 12.
Side effects of Drovat Inj
- Feeling of heat, dizziness, sleeplessness.
- Rarely you may experience nausea, constipation, headache, rash.
Precautions and Warnings of Drovat Inj
Can I take the Drovat Inj during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of the Drovat Inj in pregnancy. Thus, it should be used only if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take the Drovat Inj while breastfeeding?
Drovat Inj is not recommended to be used by breastfeeding women. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Drovat Inj ?
After injecting with the Drovat Inj , you should not drive or operate the machine for 1 hour at least.
Can I consume alcohol with the Drovat Inj ?
There is limited information on the interaction of this medicine with alcohol. Talk to your doctor for more information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had or have benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH).
- You have a liver, kidney or heart-related disease.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You have an eye condition such as close angle glaucoma.
Mode of Action of Drovat Inj
How Does It Work?
Drovat Inj works by inhibiting the action of an enzyme phosphodiesterase, thus results in relaxation of smooth muscle and dilation of blood vessels. Thereby, providing relief from spasm and pain.
Directions for Use of Drovat Inj
- This injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Drovat Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease like levodopa may not work properly if taken along with this medicine and you may experience shakiness, disbalance and rigidity.
- Some medicines can affect the way the Drovat Inj works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Drovat Inj
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
- Store it under the conditions mentioned on the package.
Dosage of Drovat Inj
Drovat Inj will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely to get an overdose of this medicine. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse as to when the medicine should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When is this injection given?
A: It is given if the patient is not able to take medicines by oral route or in case of severe pain when immediate relief is needed.
Q: What to do when stomach pains even after taking this injection?
A: Consult your doctor to find out the cause of your stomach pain. There can be several reasons for stomach pain ranging from infections, food poisoning, menses, allergies, ulcer, etc. Your doctor may evaluate and treat you accordingly. Do not self-medicate.
Q: What is use of the Drovat Inj ?
A: Drovat Inj is is used to relief pain due to spasms and other severe painful conditions.
Q: Is Drovat Inj a steroid?
A: No, Drovat Inj is not a steroid.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.