Drotin Plus Tablet
By WALTER BUSHNELL LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Drotin Plus tablet provides temporary relief from mild to moderate pain like headache, throat pain, menstrual pain, tooth pain and also relieves pain associated with muscle spasms. It contains two pri
mary ingredients, namely Drotaverine and Paracetamol....
Uses of Drotin Plus Tablet
Drotin Plus tablet helps to relieve mild to moderate pain associated with muscle spasms, menstrual cramps, migraine, headache, tooth pain and fever.
Contraindications of Drotin Plus Tablet
- If you are allergic to paracetamol or drotaverine or any other ingredients of the Drotin Plus tablet.
- If you have any liver, kidney or heart-related disease.
- If you have Porphyria, a rare blood-related disorder.
- If you are a breastfeeding woman.
Side effects of Drotin Plus Tablet
- Rapid heartbeat
Precautions and Warnings of Drotin Plus Tablet
Can I take Drotin Plus tablet during pregnancy?
Due to the lack of safety information, Drotin Plus should not be used during pregnancy until prescribed.
Can I take Drotin Plus tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Drotin Plus tablet pass into breast milk in small amounts and can be harmful to a breastfed baby. Thus, the use of this medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding mothers.
Can I drive if I have consumed Drotin Plus tablet?
Drotin Plus tablet does not affect your driving abilities. However, if you experience dizziness or feel drowsy, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Drotin Plus tablet?
No, it is not advisable to consume alcohol with this medicine as it increases the risk of related liver disorders.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are using any other pain killers containing paracetamol.
- You experience skin reactions like redness, rash or itching after consuming this medicine.
- You have low blood pressure or related heart disorder.
- You have a liver-related disorder or kidney function problem.
- Drotin Plus tablet is not meant to be used in children.
Mode of Action of Drotin Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Drotin Plus tablet works by the combined action of its two components.
- Paracetamol is a painkiller. It inhibits the synthesis of a chemical substance known as prostaglandin which is responsible for the sensation of pain, swelling and inflammation.
- Drotaverine is a spasmolytic muscle relaxant. It inhibits an enzyme known as phosphodiesterase which results in relaxation of the muscle and relieves muscle spasm.
Directions for Use of Drotin Plus Tablet
- Drotin Plus tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Drotin Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Drotin Plus tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Drotin Plus tablets with Levodopa, a medicine used to treat Parkinson's disease can decrease the effect of Levodopa and may increase the symptoms like rigidity and shakiness.
- Drotin Plus, if taken along with blood thinners like Warfarin, can increase the risk of bleeding and ulcers.
- Cholestyramine, a medicine used to correct abnormal cholesterol levels can decrease the effect of Drotin Plus.
Storage and disposal of Drotin Plus Tablet
- Store Drotin Plus tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Drotin Plus Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose are weakness, shortness of breath, headache, dizziness, low blood pressure and irregular heartbeats. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of t
his medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a doubl
e dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take the Drotin Plus tablet with diclofenac?
A: No, it is not advisable to take diclofenac or another painkiller while using this medicine as it increases the risk of getting side effects.
Q: Can I use the Drotin Plus tablet for menstrual cramps?
A: Yes, this medicine can be used to get relief from menstrual cramps.
Q: Can I give Drotin Plus tablet to my children?
A: No, the Drotin Plus tablet is not recommended for children due to limited safety information.
Q: How long does it take for the Drotin Plus tablet to work?
A: The effects of Drotin Plus tablets start after 1-2 hours after taking this medicine. However, it may vary as the effect of the medicine depends on the dose, frequency and physiological functions of an individual.
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 June 2021]
- Drotafemme Forte / SUN-FARM [Internet]. Sunfarm.pl. 2021 [cited 17 June 2021]
- No-Spa tablet [Internet]. Ravimiregister.ee. 2021 [cited 17 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 17 June 2021]
|You Save||₹25.17 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Drotaverine(80.0 Mg),Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, vomiting, constipation|
Last Updated on: 23 Jun 2021 | 11:13 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved