Drotin Plus Tablet
By WALTER BUSHNELL LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Drotin Plus tablet contains two primary ingredients, namely Drotaverine and Paracetamol. It provides temporary relief from mild to moderate pain like headache, throat pain, menstrual pain, tooth pain, and also relieves pain associated with muscle spasms. It is not advisable to use any other pain killer while using this medicine. The side effects of this medicine include related liver disorders, vomiting, constipation, dizziness, and headache. In case you experience any of the side effects, or you feel any discomfort after using this medicine, contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Drotin Plus Tablet
Drotin Plus tablet helps to relieve mild to moderate pain associated with muscle spasms, menstrual cramps, migraine, headache, tooth pain, and fever.
Contraindications of Drotin Plus Tablet
- Allergy to Paracetamol or Drotaverine.
- Liver, kidney or heart-related disease.
- Porphyria, a rare blood-related disorder.
- In lactating women.
Side effects of Drotin Plus Tablet
- Liver related disorders
- Rapid heartbeat
Precautions and Warnings of Drotin Plus Tablet
Can I take Drotin plus tablet during pregnancy?
Due to the lack of safety information, Drotin plus should not be used during pregnancy until prescribed.
Can I take Drotin plus tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Drotin plus tablet pass into breast milk in small amounts and can be harmful to a breastfed baby. Thus, the use of this medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding mothers.
Can I drive if I have consumed Drotin plus tablet?
Drotin plus tablet does not affect your driving abilities. However, if you experience dizziness or feel drowsy, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Drotin plus tablet?
No, it is not advisable to consume alcohol with this medicine as it increases the risk of related liver disorders.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are using any other pain killers containing paracetamol.
- You experience skin reactions like redness, rash or itching after consuming this medicine.
- You have low blood pressure or related heart disorder.
- You have a liver-related disorder or kidney function problem.
- This medicine is not meant to be used in children.
Mode of Action of Drotin Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Drotin Plus tablet works by the combined action of its two components.
- Paracetamol is a painkiller. It inhibits the synthesis of a chemical substance known as prostaglandin which is responsible for the sensation of pain, swelling, and inflammation.
- Drotaverine is a spasmolytic muscle relaxant. It inhibits an enzyme known as phosphodiesterase which results in relaxation of the muscle and relieves muscle spasm.
Directions for Use of Drotin Plus Tablet
- Take this medicine as advised by your doctor with or without food.
- It should be swallowed whole with a sufficient amount of liquid.
Interactions of Drotin Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of this tablet with Levodopa, a medicine used to treat Parkinson's disease can decrease the effect of Levodopa and may increase the symptoms like rigidity and shakiness.
- Drotin Plus, if taken along with blood thinners like Warfarin, can increase the risk of bleeding and ulcers.
- Cholestyramine, a medicine used to correct abnormal cholesterol levels can decrease the effect of Drotin Plus.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicine, supplement or vitamins while taking Drotin Plus.
Storage and disposal of Drotin Plus Tablet
- It is advisable to store this tablet below 30°C
- Keep it away from direct sunlight light and moisture
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets
Dosage of Drotin Plus Tablet
The overdose of Drotin Plus tablet can cause severe liver damage, extreme weakness, shortness of breath, headache, dizziness, low blood pressure, and irregular heartbeats. If you think you have consumed an excessive dose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss taking any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take the Drotin plus tablet with diclofenac?
A: No, it is not advisable to take diclofenac or another painkiller while using this medicine as it increases the risk of getting side effects.
Q: Can I use Drotin Plus tablet for menstrual cramps?
A: Yes, this medicine can be used to get relief from menstrual cramps.
Q: Can I give Drotin Plus tablet to my children?
A: No, this medicine is not recommended for children due to limited safety information.
Q: How long does it take for Drotin Plus tablet to work?
A: The effects of Drotin Plus tablets starts after 1-2 hours after taking this medicine. However, it may vary as the effect of the medicine depends on the dose, frequency and physiological functions of an individual.
Last Updated on: 07 Sep 2020 | 05:30 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved