Drotin Ds Mango Flavour Sugar Free Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
By WALTER BUSHNELL LTD
60ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Drotin Ds 20 MG/5ML Description
Drotin DS suspension is an anti-spasmodic medicine used to provide relief from pain due to spasms. It is used to relieve stomach and abdominal pain, cramps, spasms and menstrual pain. It contains dro
taverine as its active ingredient. Drotaverine works by relaxing the smooth muscles, thus relieving the pain and spasms. This medicine should not be used in children below 12 years of age and also by a breastfeeding mother. Shake the bottle well before use. Take Drotin DS as advised by your doctor.
|You Save||₹24.13 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Pain and spasms|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, spinning of the head|
Check more medicines with composition as Drotaverine(20.0 Mg/5ml)
Uses of Drotin Ds 20 MG/5ML
Drotin DS suspension relieves stomach and abdominal pain, cramps, spasms and menstrual pain.
Contraindications of Drotin Ds 20 MG/5ML
- If you are allergic to Drotaverine or any of the ingredient of Drotin DS suspension.
- If you have a liver, kidney or heart-related problem.
- If you are suffering from a blood disorder called porphyria.
- If you are breastfeeding a baby.
- Drotin DS suspension is not recommended to be used in children below 12 years of age.
Side effects of Drotin Ds 20 MG/5ML
- Spinning of head
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Drotin Ds 20 MG/5ML
Can I take Drotin DS suspension during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information available about the effect of Drotin DS suspension on pregnancy. Thus it is recommended to avoid taking this medicine unless advised by your doctor.
Can I take Drotin DS suspension while breastfeeding?
Drotin DS suspension is not recommended to be used by breastfeeding women.
Can I drive if I have consumed Drotin DS suspension?
After taking Drotin DS suspension, you may feel dizziness. So, it is advised to be cautious before driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Drotin DS suspension?
There is limited information on the interaction of Drotin DS suspension with alcohol. Yet, it is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment as it can worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your liver and kidneys are not functioning properly.
- You have any heart-related disease.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have a low blood pressure problem.
Mode of Action of Drotin Ds 20 MG/5ML
How Does It Work?
Drotaverine in Drotin DS suspension inhibits the action of an enzyme responsible for the contraction of smooth muscles, thus causing relaxation of smooth muscle and dilation of blood vessels. Thereby, further providing relief from spasm and pain....
Directions for Use of Drotin Ds 20 MG/5ML
- Take Drotin DS suspension as instructed by your doctor.
- Do not consume medicine directly from the bottle.
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity.
- Shake well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use.
Interactions of Drotin Ds 20 MG/5ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease like levodopa may not work properly if taken along with this medicine and you may experience shakiness, disbalance and rigidity.
- Other medicines like pain killers, medicines used to treat bladder problems and medicines used to calm the mind or relax the body like Alprazolam and Diazepam in mental disorders should be used cautiously....
- Discuss with your doctor if you are taking any other medicines or herbal supplements, to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Drotin Ds 20 MG/5ML
- Keep Drotin DS out of the reach of children and pets.
- Store below 30°C protected from light and moisture.
Dosage of Drotin Ds 20 MG/5ML
Excess of Drotin DS suspension may cause weakness, malaise, dizziness, vomiting, headache, a drop in blood pressure and sleepiness if consumed in excess. Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. This medicine can completely shut the activity of your heart and can be fatal in very high doses....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long should I take Drotin DS suspension?
A: You should take this syrup for the duration as prescribed by the doctor. However, if there is no improvement in pain after seven days, consult your doctor.
Q: Any special warning of Drotin suspension I should be aware of?
A: Drotin DS suspension should not be used by a patient with any kind of heart blockage (AV block).
Q: How long does it take for this medicine to start working?
A: It usually starts showing its antispasmodic action within an hour. However, it also depends on the dose you are taking and also the physiological and pharmacological condition of an individual.
Q: Is Drotin DS good for period pain?
A: Yes, it is recommended for period pain. However, it should not be self-medicated. If you experience period pain very often, kindly consult your gynaecologist to find out the cause of period pain.
Q: Is Drotin DS suspension is painkiller?
A: Yes, Drotin DS suspension is a pain killer, but effective only in specific types of pains. It is not to be taken for any pain and never without consulting your doctor.
Q: Can I take Drotin DS without food?
A: Drotin DS can be taken with or without food, as advised by the doctor. Do not exceed the maximum daily doses and treatment durations recommended.
Q: Is Drotin DS safe for kids?
A: Drotin Ds suspension is not meant for use in children below 12 years of age unless told by the doctor. You should give this medicine to kids only if prescribed by the doctor. Do not self-medicate.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- DROTIN DS 80MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- DROTIN DS MANGO FLAVOUR SUGAR FREE BOTTLE OF 100ML SUSPENSION
- DROTIN TABLET 15'S
- DROTIN AMPOULE OF 2ML INJECTION
- DROTIN SUGAR FREE BOTTLE OF 100ML SUSPENSION
- DROTIN M STRIP OF 8 TABLETS
- DROTIN TABLET 8 NO'S
- DROTIN DS MANGO FLAVOUR SUGAR FREE BOTTLE OF 30ML SUSPENSION
- DROTIN 40MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed