Dronis 20 Strip Of 24 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
24 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dronis 20 Strip Of 24 Tablets Description
Dronis 20 tablet is used as an oral contraceptive pill for women. It is a combination pill consisting of two synthetic female sex hormones such as drospirenone and ethinylestradiol as active ingredie
nts. Any woman who considers using oral contraceptives should understand the benefits and risks of using this form of birth control. This medicine does not protect against HIV infection (AIDS) or any other sexually transmitted disease. This medicine acts by inhibiting the ovulation and formation of the endometrium. You can take Dronis 20 with or without meals as advised by doctor, but probably at a fixed time daily to gain optimum benefit.
|You Save||₹44.40 (12% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ethinylestradiol(0.02 Mg) + Drospirenone(3.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, headache, breast pain, bleeding between periods|
|Therapy||FEMALE HORMONE PILLS|
Check more medicines with composition as Ethinylestradiol(0.02 Mg) + Drospirenone(3.0 Mg)
Uses of Dronis 20 Strip Of 24 Tablets
Oral contraceptives for women.
Contraindications of Dronis 20 Strip Of 24 Tablets
- If you are allergic to drospirenone, ethinylestradiol or any of the components present in the pill.
- If you have or had a blood clot in a blood vessel of your legs (deep vein thrombosis, DVT), your lungs (pulmonary embolus, PE) or other organs.
- If you are suffering from blood clotting disorder or any other deficiency disorder.
- If you ever had a heart attack, stroke or chest pain.
- If you have severe diabetes with blood vessel damage, high blood pressure and an increased level of fat in the blood (cholesterol) that may increase your risk of a clot in the arteries.
- If you are suffering from migraine, any kidney or liver disease.
- If you have or had a liver tumor.
- If you have or are suspected to have sex hormone-dependent tumor.
- If you have any unexplained bleeding from the vagina.
- If you had surgery with immobilisation for a longer duration.
Side effects of Dronis 20 Strip Of 24 Tablets
- Menstrual disorders (bleeding between periods)
- Breast pain
- Breast tenderness
- Low mood
- Vaginal infection
- Vaginal discharge
Precautions and Warnings of Dronis 20 Strip Of 24 Tablets
Can I take Dronis 20 tablet during pregnancy?
You should not take Dronis 20 if you are pregnant. If you become pregnant while taking the tablet, stop immediately and contact your doctor. If you are planning pregnancy, talk to your doctor.
Can I take Dronis 20 tablet while breastfeeding?
Dronis 20 tablets may affect breast milk composition and quantity. Thus, it is recommended to avoid taking this medicine during breastfeeding, as it may affect the child. Talk to your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dronis 20 tablet?
It is unlikely to affect the ability to drive. However, be cautious while driving, if you experience altered consciousness after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Dronis 20 tablet?
It is advised to consult with your doctor before taking this medicine if you consume alcohol often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have or had any blood clotting disorder and are on medication for the same.
- You are obese.
- You have any other known medical condition such as liver, heart, kidney, etc.
- You are an active smoker.
- You have a tumor.
- You experience irregular bleeding.
Mode of Action of Dronis 20 Strip Of 24 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Dronis 20 tablet works by inhibiting the process of ovulation and also the change in the endometrium lining.
Directions for Use of Dronis 20 Strip Of 24 Tablets
- Dronis 20 tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the tablet. It can be taken with food.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Dronis 20 Strip Of 24 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Dronis 20 tablet works or Dronis tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-tubercular, anti-HIV, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, painkillers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
Storage and disposal of Dronis 20 Strip Of 24 Tablets
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the packet.
- Do not store it above 25°C.
- Do not throw the medication via household waste or wastewater. Ask your pharmacist about the proper disposal of medicines no longer required.
Dosage of Dronis 20 Strip Of 24 Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting and vaginal bleeding.
- If you feel any undesirable effect, immediately contact your doctor or visit the nearby hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed your dose, take the tablet as soon as you remember and then take the following tablets again at the usual time. If you have forgotten to take a greater number of tablets, the greater is the risk of becoming pregnant. Always follow the advice of your doctor if you miss any dose....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Dronis 20 tablet be used to get periods immediately?
A: No, Dronis 20 tablet is not used to get periods, it is a pill that prevents ovulation in women.
Q: Can I use Dronis 20 tablet to postpone my period?
A: No, you should not take this medicine for any condition without consulting your doctor.
Q: How do you take the Dronis tablet?
A: Take the Dronis tablet in exact doses and duration prescribed by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food but it is advisable to take it at the same time every day for maximum benefits.
Q: Is Dronis 20 a steroid?
A: No, Dronis 20 is not a steroid. It is a combination pill consisting of two synthetic female sex hormones such as drospirenone and ethinylestradiol as active ingredients.
Q: How long Dronis 20 can be taken?
A: Dronis 20 should be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. It is usually taken every day for 24 days, starting from the first day of your menstrual cycle. Do not exceed the maximum daily doses and treatment durations recommended.
Q: Does Dronis 20 prevent pregnancy?
A: Yes, it is used to prevent pregnancy. Dronis 20 is used as an oral contraceptive pill for women.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed