Dozep 25mg Tab
By TALENT INDIA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dozep 25mg Tab is an antidepressant medicine that is prescribed to manage depression. It may also be prescribed for nerve pain, such as fibromyalgia, anxiety disorders, and to prevent migraines. Dosulepin is the active ingredient present in Dozep 25mg Tab. Dozep 25mg Tab alleviates symptoms such as irritability, restlessness, fatigue, difficulty concentrating, sleep disturbances, and feelings of restlessness. It helps to carry out daily activities without difficulty. Dozep 25mg Tab usually has to be taken before bedtime because it can make you feel sleepy. You may be prescribed a lower dose at the beginning of your treatment. Several side effects can occur with Dozep 25mg Tab like constipation, dizziness, dry mouth, feeling sleepy, tired or weak, difficulty peeing, and headaches. Most of these side effects disappear without any medical attention once the body becomes used to the medicine. However, side effects persist or worsen, speak to your doctor. The dosage of medicine required will be decided by your doctor on the basis of your health history, age and other factors. It is not suitable for those under 18 years of age, and hence they should not consume Dozep 25 mg tab....
|You Save||₹7.61 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Dosulepin / Dothiepin(25.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Depression, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Anxiety disorders|
|Side effects||Constipation, dizziness, dry mouth, feeling sleepy, tired or weak, difficulty peeing, headache|
Check more medicines with composition as Dosulepin / Dothiepin(25.0 Mg)
Uses of Dozep 25 MG
- As per CDSCO, the medicine, Dozep 25 mg Tab has its usage in:
- Fibromyalgia - nerve pain
- Anxiety disorders
Contraindications of Dozep 25 MG
If you have had an allergic reaction to Dozep 25 mg Tab in the past. If you have a heart problem - Dozep 25 mg Tab can make some heart problems worse. If you have porphyria. If you have liver or kidney problems. If you have epilepsy or are taking electroconvulsive treatment - Dozep 25mg Tab may increase your risk of having a seizure. If you have an eye problem called glaucoma - Dozep 25mg Tab can increase the pressure in your eye. If you have self-harming and suicidal your life. If you are planning to become pregnant, are already pregnant or are a breastfeeding mother....
Side effects of Dozep 25 MG
- Dry mouth
- Feeling sleepy, tired or weak
- Difficulty peeing
Precautions and Warnings of Dozep 25 MG
Can I take Dozep 25mg Tab during pregnancy?
Dozep 25mg Tab is not recommended during pregnancy, as there is limited or no data from its use in pregnant women. Studies on animals, which look at reproductive toxicity, are insufficient.
Can I take Dozep 25mg Tab while breastfeeding?
It is not recommended to take Dozep 25mg Tab when breastfeeding as there is no sufficient data about it. You should always consult your doctor before consuming a Dozep 25mg Tab, as a little amount of the medicine passes through the milk to the infant.
Can I drive if I have taken Dozep 25mg Tab?
It is not apparent that Dozep 25mg Tab would adversely affect the ability to drive or operate machinery based on its pharmacodynamic profile and pharmacokinetic profile as well as its postmarket experience. If you experience any drowsiness or dizziness during your course of treatment, you should be cautious and not drive or handle any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Dozep 25mg Tab?
It is not safe to consume alcohol with Dozep 25mg Tab, as it can cause adverse effects like increased heartbeat, fainting and heartburn.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience side effects.
- You have severe liver or kidney disease or problems, seek medical advice before taking Dozep 25mg Tab.
- You conceive during the course of the medicine or are planning a pregnancy.
- Dozep 25mg Tab is not meant to be used in children below 18 years of age.
- After taking Dozep 25mg Tab, you should follow a consistent sleep schedule every day.
Mode of Action of Dozep 25 MG
How Does It Work?
The active ingredient present in Dozep 25mg Tab is Dosulepin. Dozep 25mg Tab works by increasing chemical messengers(neurotransmitters) that stabilise and elevate your mood levels in the brain. It also prevents your brain from producing chemicals that cause anxiety....
Directions for Use of Dozep 25 MG
- Dozep 25mg Tab should be taken orally as directed by your physician.
- Your doctor will decide the dosage of the medicine and duration of treatment on the basis of your health history, age and other factors.
- The tablet is to be swallowed whole. It is not meant to be chewed or crushed.
- It is recommended to take Dozep 25mg tablet after meals. Ideally, one hour after a meal, with a full glass of water.
- Make sure to take your medicine at a fixed time every day and miss or double any dose.
Interactions of Dozep 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Dozep 25mg Tab may interact with other medicines:
- Antidepressants - phenelzine, iproniazid, isocarboxazid, nialamide, imipramine, and desipramine and tranylcypromine.
- Medicines used for Parkinson's disease - selegiline.
- Medicine used to manage manic-depressive disorder- tryptophan, lithium.
- Medicines used for migraines - Sumatriptan
- Medicines used for severe pain - tramadol,
- Medicines used for stomach ulcers - Cimetidine, lansoprazole, and omeprazole
- Medicines used for fungal infections - fluconazole
- Medicines used to reduce the risk of stroke - ticlopidine
- Medicines used for the heart - Flecainide, propafenone
- St. John's Wort, which is a herbal remedy used to manage depression
- Blood-thinning medicines - warfarin, dipyridamole, and phenprocoumon
- Pain killers
- Antimalarials - Mefloquine
- Antibiotics - azithromycin
- Medicines that decrease the blood levels of potassium or magnesium, as they increase the risk of life-threatening heart rhythm disorders
Interactions with food items
- Dozep 25mg Tab may interact with multi-mineral or any other herbal and ayurvedic supplements. So, if you are using any of the over the counter items, please tell your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Dozep 25 MG
In cases of overdose, excitability may be observed. Symptoms of a neurological and cardiovascular nature may be observed as well. The symptoms that may occur as a result of overdose include drowsiness, confusion, problems with coordination, loss of consciousness. Seek medical help as soon as possible....
Dosage of Dozep 25 MG
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it’s time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosage. You should not take the missed dosage plus the regular dosage. It may lead to an overdose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I feel better now. Can I stop taking the tablet? If not, then how do I stop taking dozep 25 mg tab?
A: If you're considering discontinuing Dozep 25mg Tab, you should talk to your doctor first. Abruptly stopping the use of Dozep 25mg Tab can cause additional side effects. To discontinue the medicine, your doctor will reduce the dosage gradually over 4 weeks. Do not stop taking the medicine without consulting with your doctor.
Q: Does Dozep 25 mg tab cause weight gain?
- As Dozep 25mg Tab makes you feel hungry, it may cause weight gain for some people. This may vary among individuals as some people might feel less hungry after taking it.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.