Doxinate Od Strip Of 15 Tablets
By MANEESH PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Doxinate Od Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Doxinate OD tablet is used to prevent nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. It is a combination medicine containing doxylamine and pyridoxine. Doxylamine is an antihistaminic and it blocks the natura
l substances in the body responsible for nausea and vomiting. Pyridoxine is a vitamin that also contributes to control nausea and vomiting and are needed during pregnancy. Doxinate OD tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Excessive sleepiness, drowsiness, rashes and itching are common side effects of Doxinate OD tablet. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹22.94 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Doxylamine(20.0 Mg) + Vitamin B6 / Pyridoxine(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Prevent nausea and vomiting during pregnancy|
|Side effects||Excessive sleepiness, drowsiness, rashes, itching|
Check more medicines with composition as Doxylamine(20.0 Mg) + Vitamin B6 / Pyridoxine(20.0 Mg)
3 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Doxinate Od Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Nvg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 100.95₹ 100.95₹ 10.09/Tablet
- Dp Life Od Tablets 15'sBy Fullife Healthcare Pvt Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 139.00₹ 118.15₹ 7.88/Tablet
- Doxinate 24 Tablet 15'sBy Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 259.50₹ 220.57₹ 14.7/Tablet
Uses of Doxinate Od Strip Of 15 Tablets
Doxinate OD tablet is used to prevent nausea and vomiting during pregnancy.
Contraindications of Doxinate Od Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to pyridoxine, doxylamine or any other ingredients of Doxinate OD tablet.
- If you are consuming medicines such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) to treat depression.
- If you have any liver diseases.
- If you are an alcoholic.
- If you are under 18 years of age.
Side effects of Doxinate Od Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Excess sleepiness
- Blurred vision
- Constipation, diarrhoea, abdominal pain
- Rashes, itching
- Urinary retention
Precautions and Warnings of Doxinate Od Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Doxinate OD tablet during pregnancy?
You can take Doxinate OD tablet during pregnancy when it is prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Doxinate OD tablet while breastfeeding?
Use of Doxinate OD tablet is not recommended while breastfeeding as doxylamine can pass into the breastmilk and can cause sedation and irritability in breastfeeding infants.
Can I drive if I have consumed Doxinate OD tablet?
Doxinate OD tablet may cause sedation and dizziness. Hence, driving should be avoided after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Doxinate OD tablet?
No, severe drowsiness can occur when you consume alcohol with Doxinate OD tablet. This may lead to an accident.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have asthma or glaucoma, this tablet should be avoided.
- You have a peptic ulcer or any obstruction in the intestine or urinary bladder.
- Avoid driving and handling any machinery as after taking this medicine you may feel excessively sleepy or drowsy.
Mode of Action of Doxinate Od Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Doxylamine is an antihistaminic. It blocks the natural substances in the body and responsible for nausea and vomiting.
- Pyridoxine, also is known as vitamin B6, is a crucial component for various reactions and acts as a coenzyme in the body. Sometimes deficiency of pyridoxine may cause nausea and vomiting during pregnancy....
Directions for Use of Doxinate Od Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take Doxinate OD tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, without eating a meal, preferably on an empty stomach.
- You should take this medicine regularly without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue this tablet without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Doxinate Od Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Doxinate OD tablet may interact with other medicines and create an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- Medicines used to treat depression such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), central nervous system depressants such as barbiturates and opioid pain killers can worsen the side effects of Doxinate OD tablet....
- Avoid taking Doxinate Od if you are taking sleeping pills.
- Pyridoxine present in Doxinate Od Strip Of 15 Tablets can reduce the effects of Levodopa, Phenobarb and Phenytoin.
Interactions with food items
Avoid taking it with food for optimum results.
Storage and disposal of Doxinate Od Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store it below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep Doxinate OD tablet away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine once the expiry date has passed. The expiry date is the last day of that month.
- You should not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or it shows signs of tampering.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour it into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Doxinate Od Strip Of 15 Tablets
In case of an overdose or you experience symptoms such as restlessness, dryness of the mouth, confusion or fast heartbeats, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of Doxinate OD tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
- Do not stop taking Doxinate OD tablet without consulting your doctor.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When to take Doxinate OD tablet?
A: You should take this medicine regularly without fail, as directed by your doctor and not consume it more than the prescribed dose. Do not discontinue this medication on your own.
Q: Is Doxinate Od safe during pregnancy?
A: Doxinate Od tablet is safe for use during pregnancy when prescribed by your doctor.
Q: What is Doxinate Od used for?
A: Doxinate Od tablet is used to prevent nausea and vomiting during pregnancy.
Q: Can Doxinate Od be taken on an empty stomach?
A: Yes, Doxinate Od tablet can be taken on an empty stomach for better absorption and rapid onset of action.
Q: Can I take 2 Doxinate Od tablets in one day?
A: You should always follow your doctor's instructions and take this medicine as advised by your doctor. Do not self-medicate with any medicine without consulting your doctor as this may be harmful to you.
Q: Does Doxinate Od make you sleepy?
A: Yes, Somnolence (excess sleepiness) is a major side effect of Doxinate Od which can make you feel sleepy.
Q: Does Doxinate Od relieve in vomiting?
A: Yes, Doxinate Od is meant to cure nausea and vomiting during pregnancy.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed