Domstal Dt 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Domstal Dt Tablet is an anti-emetic medicine. It is used to control nausea, vomiting and for the treatment of gastroparesis and indigestion. Domstal Dt works by improving the contraction of muscles an
d movement in the stomach and intestine. Domperidone works best if taken before consuming food. This medicine is usually taken for short-term treatment thus, do not take this medicine when not required or when the symptoms subside. The most common side effect of this medicine is a dry mouth. However, it usually resolves once you stop taking this medicine....
Uses of Domstal Dt 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Domstal Dt Tablet is used to control nausea, vomiting and motion sickness along with gastroparesis (sluggish movements of the stomach) and chronic dyspepsia (indigestion).
Contraindications of Domstal Dt 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Domperidone or any other ingredients of Domstal Dt Tablet.
- If you have been passing black, tarry bowel stools or blood in your stools.
- If you have any liver, kidney or heart disease.
- If you have a blockage, obstruction or tear in any part of your intestine.
- If you have a tumour of the pituitary gland called a prolactinoma.
- If you have a low level of magnesium or a high level of potassium in your blood.
Side effects of Domstal Dt 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Hard bowel movements
Precautions and Warnings of Domstal Dt 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Domstal Dt Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Domstal Dt Tablet on pregnancy. Thus, this medicine should be avoided during pregnancy, unless advised by your doctor.
Can I take Domstal Dt Tablet while breastfeeding?
Do not take Domstal Dt Tablets if you are breastfeeding. A small amount of this medicine passes into breastmilk. It may cause unwanted side effects in a breastfed baby. It should be used during breastfeeding if your doctor considers it necessary.
Can I drive if I have consumed Domstal Dt Tablet?
You need to be cautious while driving, as Domstal Dt Tablet can cause sleepiness, confusion or less control over your movements.
Can I consume alcohol with Domstal Dt Tablet?
Do not consume alcohol, as it increases the side effects of Domstal Dt Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from any heart disorders or you have any problems with your liver or kidney.
- You experience palpitations, breathing issues or loss of consciousness while taking Domstal Dt Tablet.
Mode of Action of Domstal Dt 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Domstal Dt Tablet works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger (dopamine) in the brain. Dopamine can trigger the vomiting centre and cause a feeling of nausea and the action of vomiting. It al
so increases the movement of the stomach and intestines to allow easy movement of food through the stomach and bowel....
Directions for Use of Domstal Dt 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Domstal Dt Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- For best results, this medicine should be taken before food.
Interactions of Domstal Dt 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Inform your doctor all the medicines you are taking, as Domstal Dt Tablet can affect the way some other medicines work and vice versa.
- Do not take this medicine, if you are taking antifungals, such as ketoconazole and fluconazole; antibiotics, such as erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin, moxifloxacin and pentamidine; medicines for heart problems or high blood pressure eg, amiodarone, dronedarone, quinidine, disopyramide, dofetilide, sotalol, diltiazem and verapamil; medicines for psychoses (eg, haloperidol, pimozide and sertindole); medicines for depression (eg, citalopram, escitalopram) and medicines for AIDS/HIV....Read more
Storage and disposal of Domstal Dt 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store at room temperature and keep away from heat, moisture and light.
- Keep it away from children.
Dosage of Domstal Dt 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose of Domstal Dt include difficulty in speaking, poor coordination, dizziness, fainting, irregular heartbeat, light-headedness, loss of balance and poor muscle control. Seek emerg
ency medical attention immediately if you suspect an overdose....
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of Domstal Dt Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a d
ouble dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Domstal Dt Tablet used for?
A: Domstal Dt Tablet is used for controlling nausea, vomiting and motion sickness. It is also used for the treatment of indigestion and slow movement of food through the stomach (gastroparesis).
Q: Can Domstal Dt Tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
A: Yes, Domstal Dt should be taken on an empty stomach.
- EMA. PIL. Domperidone 10 mg Tablets. [ Accessed on 30.March.2021 ] (online)
- Janssen Pharma. Motilium tablets. Domperidone. [ Accessed on 30.March.2021 ] (online)
- Drug information portal. Domperidone. [ Accessed on 30.March.2021 ] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Domperidone. [ Accessed on 30.March.2021 ] (online)
- DrugBank. Domeperidone. [ Accessed on 30.March.2021 ] (online)
- Thomas B, et al. Medication used in Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy - A Review of Safety and Efficacy. 2015. [ Accessed on 30.March.2021 ] (online)
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 30 Mar 2021 | 05:28 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved