Dolo 250mg Susp
By MICRO LABS
60ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dolo Suspension contains paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen. It is used to treat fever and pain. It works by inhibiting the action of certain substances that causes pain and acts on the brain center which is responsible for controlling body temperature. Dolo Suspension should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
Uses of Dolo 250mg Susp
Dolo Suspension is used in the treatment of fever and pain.
Contraindications of Dolo 250mg Susp
- If you are allergic to paracetamol or any of the ingredients of Dolo Suspension.
- If you are taking any other product that contains paracetamol
Side effects of Dolo 250mg Susp
There are very rare chances of getting side effects with paracetamol. However, in rare cases, you may experience skin rash, itching and blisters, allergic reaction and blood-related problems. There is a risk of liver and kidney damage with paracetamol if used too frequently or for long term treatment.
Precautions and Warnings of Dolo 250mg Susp
Can I take Dolo Suspension during pregnancy?
Dolo Suspension can be used during pregnancy if the doctor recommends. Yet, it should be used for a short duration in low doses and should not be used too frequently by pregnant women.
Can I take Dolo Suspension while breastfeeding?
Dolo Suspension passes into breastmilk in small amount. This medicine can be used during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dolo Suspension?
Dolo Suspension is not likely to affect your ability to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Dolo Suspension?
Moderate consumption of alcohol when you are taking Dolo Suspension is usually safe. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver or kidney disease
- You are taking any other medicines or products that contain paracetamol, taking too much of the same can cause liver damage
- You are alcoholic or are suffering from chronic malnutrition
Mode of Action of Dolo 250mg Susp
How Does It Work?
There are some chemicals in the body called prostaglandins. These are substances that cause pain, swelling, fever. Dolo Suspension contains paracetamol which blocks the production of these prostaglandins, thus temporarily controlling fever or pain. It acts on the area of brain which is responsible for controlling temperature. Thus, it controls the fever.
Directions for Use of Dolo 250mg Susp
- Take Dolo Suspension as directed by your doctor
- Shake well before use
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or a dropper for the exact quantity
Interactions of Dolo 250mg Susp
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like metoclopramide or domperidone
- Medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin
- Cholesterol lowering medicines like colestyramine, do not take this medicine within one hour of taking Dolo Suspension
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infection like chloramphenicol
Storage and disposal of Dolo 250mg Susp
- Store Dolo Suspension below 25°C
- Protect if from direct sunlight
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Dolo 250mg Susp
- Taking Dolo Suspension in high doses may result in serious liver damage.
- Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and stomach ache.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed a dose of Dolo Suspension then take it as soon as you remember.
- Keep a gap of atleast 4-6 hours between this dose and next dose.
- If it is almost time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using Dolo Suspension?
- Be cautious if you are a patient with liver problems, kidney problems, or alcoholic, as Dolo Suspension is known to cause serious liver damage in case of overdose
- Caution is needed in older people too
Q: What is the use of Dolo Suspension?
A: Dolo Suspension is used in the treatment of fever and pain.
Last Updated on: 12 Apr 2021 | 09:53 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved