Do 25mg Tablet
Do 25 MG Description
Do 25mg tablet is a prescription medicine used to manage different types of depression, such as psychotic and neurotic depression, as well as anxiety disorder. This medicine is also used to treat dep
ression in persons who have not responded to previous therapies. In some cases, Do 25mg tablets are used to manage chronic nerve pain. The main use of Do 25mg tablets is as antidepressant medication. The active ingredient in Do 25mg tablets is Dosulepin (also known as Dothiepin). The mode of action of the Do 25mg tablets is by raising the levels of a specific chemical messenger in the brain called serotonin, which is responsible for lowering mood swings. Do 25mg tablets help stabilise various chemical substances in the brain and lessens the symptoms of depression and other conditions. Directions for use of Do 25mg tablet should be strictly followed, as it has a relatively high toxicity in overdose. Sudden stoppage of this medicine can cause withdrawal symptoms like sweating, tremors, cold, etc. Do 25mg tablets are not recommended for children and adolescents below 18 years of age. The dosage should be monitored as it can increase the risk of suicidal thoughts and behaviour. For optimum benefit, the tablet should be taken at a fixed time each day to maintain stable medication levels in the body. Do 25mg tablets are not addictive, but weight gain, confusion, increased heart rate, etc., are some of the side effects of Do 25mg tablets.
|You Save||₹6.17 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Dosulepin / Dothiepin(25.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Depression, Anxiety disorder, Nerve pain|
|Side effects||Weight gain or loss, Orthostatic hypotension, Excess sweating, Change in libido, Burning sensation in palms and soles, Slurred speech, Suicidal thoughts|
Uses of Do 25 MG
- As per CDSCO, Do 25mg tablet is used for the following conditions:
- It is used to treat depression, including sub-types of major depressive disorder such as psychotic depression (severe depressive disorder exhibits some form of psychotic symptoms like hallucinations, delusions, etc.) and neurotic depression (neurotic depression is a depression in an emotionally unstable patient)....
- It is indicated in the treatment of depression unresponsive to other antidepressants.
- It is used in the management of anxiety disorder.
- It is also sometimes used for lowering various types of nerve pain like fibromyalgia. It is also used for migraines.
Contraindications of Do 25 MG
- Do not take Do 25mg tablets or use caution:
- If you have a known hypersensitive reaction to any of its components
- If you already use other antidepressants or antipsychotics; this can cause hallucinations, seizures, and different life-threatening side effects
- If you have any serious heart condition, like a recent heart attack, irregular heart rhythms
- If you have a rare blood-related illness known as porphyria
- If you were previously diagnosed with bipolar disorder or mania
- If you have severe liver impairment
- If you are currently expecting or planning a pregnancy
- If you are breastfeeding
- If you have closed-angle glaucoma (a severe eye condition)
- If you notice any sudden mood changes and self-harming or suicidal thoughts
- If you are under 18; Do 25mg tablets are not intended for use in children
Side effects of Do 25 MG
- Side effects of Do 25mg tablets include:
- Increased heart rate
- Weight gain
- Blurred vision
- Sudden fall in blood pressure
- Shaking of arms and feet
- Low sex desire
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Do 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- Your blood pressure suddenly drops. Do 25mg tablets can lower blood pressure when you suddenly change your position.
- You have prostate gland disorder. Do 25mg tablets can worsen the condition.
- You use herbal medicines and supplements.
- You are an older adult. The effect of Do 25mg tablets can last longer in the body because of slow metabolism. The dose should be monitored.
- You have planned surgery or a dental procedure.
- You have a kidney or liver condition. Dose adjustment might be needed.
Mode of Action of Do 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Do 25 MG
- Take the Do 25mg tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not change the dose, even if you do not see its effects.
- Do not try to break this tablet or chew it. Swallow the pill as a whole with a glass of water.
- It is better to not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not use Do 25mg tablets if their packaging has been already opened.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Do 25mg tablets as it can cause adverse effects from withdrawal.
- You can take this medicine with or without food.
Interactions of Do 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Do 25mg tablets are known to interact with the following medicines:
- Concomitant use with other antidepressant medicines like monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) (linezolid, methylene blue, phenelzine, selegiline, etc.) can lead to severe side effects, like tremors, severe seizures, etc. It can even cause death. A gap of at least 14 days should be maintained between the two medications....
- Concomitant use with other similar antidepressants like amitriptyline and imipramine can exaggerate the side effects of Do 25mg tablets.
- Do not use Do 25mg tablets with other medicines that cause sedation and drowsiness, like tranquillisers, opioid or narcotic pain relievers, muscle relaxants, etc., without consulting a doctor.
- Do 25mg tablets decrease the efficacy of antibiotics, antifungal, and migraine medicines.
- Do 25mg tablets can interact with stomach ulcer medicine, antimalarial medicines, heart medicines, and blood thinners.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid grapefruit and cranberries and their juice. They can increase medicine levels in the blood and cause adverse effects.
Storage and disposal of Do 25 MG
Dosage of Do 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are Do 25mg tablets habit-forming?
Q: Will regular intake of Do 25mg tablets cause weight gain?
Q: When should I take the Do 25mg tablet?
- Dosulepin [Internet] www.nhs.uk [17 Mar 2022]. -
- Dosulepin hydrochloride [Internet]. National Center for Biotechnology Information. PubChem Compound Database. U.S. National Library of Medicine [cited 17 Mar 2022] -
- Dothiepin [Internet]. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine. 2021 [cited 17 Mar 2022] -
- New Drugs Approved by CDSCO [Internet] cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 17 Mar 2022]