Diprovate Plus G Cream 20gm
Diprovate Plus G Cream 20gm Description
Diprovate Plus G cream is a topical preparation containing a combination of betamethasone, gentamicin and zinc sulfate. It is used to treat various skin infections. It is meant only for external appl
ication and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. While on treatment with Diprovate Plus G cream, you may experience some side effects on the site of application. However, they normally fade away with time. Consult your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
|You Save||₹9.81 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Zinc(0.5 %) + Betamethasone(0.05 %) + Gentamicin(0.1 %)|
|Therapy||TOPICAL ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Uses of Diprovate Plus G Cream 20gm
Contraindications of Diprovate Plus G Cream 20gm
- If you are allergic to Betamethasone, Gentamicin, Zinc or any other ingredients of Diprovate Plus G cream.
- If you have itching or infections of the nose, ears, around your mouth, back or private parts.
- If you have pimples, itching without skin redness.
- If you have viral, bacterial or fungal skin infections.
- If your child is less than a year old.
Side effects of Diprovate Plus G Cream 20gm
Precautions and Warnings of Diprovate Plus G Cream 20gm
Other General Warnings
- You have a skin infection.
- You had a previous allergic reaction with any other steroid.
- Your symptoms do not improve within 7 days of treatment or your condition worsens.
- You develop any irritation, sensitivity or superinfection after using Diprovate Plus G cream.
- You are applying Diprovate Plus G cream under an airtight dressing, eyes, mouth, open wounds, face or on a large surface area.
- It would be best if you do not use Diprovate Plus G cream on the face where the skin becomes thin unless advised by the doctor.
- It should not be used in large quantities or on large areas for a long time.
- Diprovate Plus G cream should not be used for more than 5 days in children or when applied on the face.
- This cream should not be used on children less than a year old.
- Diprovate Plus G cream should not be applied to the eyes, mouth, open wounds. In case of such exposure, wash the affected part with lots of water.
Mode of Action of Diprovate Plus G Cream 20gm
How Does It Work?
- Diprovate Plus G cream works by the combined action of its components - Betamethasone, Gentamicin and Zinc sulfate.
- Betamethasone is a topical steroid and reduces the inflammation, swelling and redness of skin by blocking the production of certain chemical substances in the body called prostaglandins.
- Gentamicin is an antibiotic that attaches to the genetic material of bacteria, making it incapable of producing substances required for its survival, ultimately killing the bacteria and in turn helps in reducing the symptoms....
- Zinc sulfate is an antiseptic and it helps in controlling the infection.
Directions for Use of Diprovate Plus G Cream 20gm
- Diprovate Plus G cream is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by the doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer on a healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds and gently rub.
- Wash your hands before and after using Diprovate Plus G cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this cream, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Diprovate Plus G Cream 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Diprovate Plus G cream is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, inform your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions. ...
- You need to be cautious while using medicines like erythromycin (used to treat bacterial infections), ritonavir (used to treat HIV infection), itraconazole (used to treat fungal infections) along with Diprovate Plus G cream....
Storage and disposal of Diprovate Plus G Cream 20gm
- Diprovate Plus G cream should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.