Dilzem Cd 90mg Cap
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dilzem CD-90 capsule contains diltiazem as an active ingredient. This medicine is a calcium channel blocker that is used for reducing high blood pressure and prevents chest pain (angina). It works by relaxing the blood vessels and makes the blood flow smooth so that blood can easily flow and makes it easier for the heart to pump the blood throughout the body. If not treated properly, it can affect other organs such as the brain, kidneys and blood vessels. Taking this medicine regularly as prescribed by your doctor along with other lifestyle modifications like regular exercise, weight loss, a healthy diet, etc. can help you control your blood pressure better. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor. Never stop the medicine on your own, otherwise, it may worsen the side effects. You should also discuss with your doctor a detailed medical history and any other medicine, herbal preparation, and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Uses of Dilzem Cd 90mg Cap
- Dilzem CD-90 capsule is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and to control angina or chest pain.
Contraindications of Dilzem Cd 90mg Cap
If you are allergic to Dilzem CD-90 capsule or any other medicine belongs to the same class of medicine and any of the component of this medicine. If you have heart failure, a very slow heartbeat, low blood pressure. If you have a history of heart failure. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Dilzem Cd 90mg Cap
- Swelling of hands, feet and ankles
- Skin rashes
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Stomach pain
- Difficulty in sleeping
Precautions and Warnings of Dilzem Cd 90mg Cap
Can I take Dilzem CD-90 capsule during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be taken during pregnancy. A safer alternative should be sought during times of pregnancy. Consult a doctor for more information.
Can I take Dilzem CD-90 capsule while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breast milk and hence breastfeeding while taking this medicine is not recommended.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dilzem CD-90 capsule?
The administration of this medicine results in side effects like dizziness and sleepiness. If these side effects persist, please maintain caution while driving or preferably do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with a Dilzem CD-90 capsule?
Do not consume alcohol with this medicine as the amalgamation of both can cause a critical drop in blood pressure and other side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any history of low blood pressure, bowel problems and liver or kidney diseases.
- You experience mood changes or start feeling low at the initial phase of treatment.
- You have any kind of liver or kidney-related problems and intestinal disorder.
- You are elderly.
- You have any existing heart condition, low blood pressure and heart block.
Mode of Action of Dilzem Cd 90mg Cap
How Does It Work?
Dilzem CD-90 capsule works by relaxing the blood vessels and thus helps in reducing elevated blood pressure. It also increases oxygen blood and oxygen supply to the heart and hence helps in controlling angina.
Directions for Use of Dilzem Cd 90mg Cap
- Swallow this medicine along with water in the exact doses instructed by your doctor.
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to.
- Never stop the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Dilzem Cd 90mg Cap
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Dilzem CD-90 capsule may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how Dilzem CD-90 capsule works if taken at the same time.
- So it is suggested to tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for heart-related disorders, anti-epileptic medicines, medicines used for brain-related disorders, anti-asthmatic medicines like theophylline, immunosuppressants, anti-tuberculosis medicines, antacids etc.read less
Interactions with food items
- Consumption of grapefruit or grapefruit juice must be avoided along with this medicine as it might result in a drastic drop in blood pressure.
Other general Interactions
Individuals with conditions such as heart failure and irregular or slow heartbeats are requested to share information regarding their respective conditions with the doctor and opt for different medicines.
Storage and disposal of Dilzem Cd 90mg Cap
- Store it in original packing to protect it from light.
- Try to keep it out of the reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
- Do not keep outdated medicine.
Dosage of Dilzem Cd 90mg Cap
- The overdose of Dilzem CD-90 capsule might cause irregular/slow/fast heartbeat, fainting, difficulty in breathing, fits, dizziness, confusion, vomiting and excess sweating. Contact the doctor or emergency room immediately in case of an overdose.read less
Missed a Dose
The missed dose needs to be taken as soon as its time of administration is recalled. You need to leave out the missed dose if the time for the next scheduled dose is approaching, and you must stick to the regular schedule. Extra or double doses must not be taken at any condition.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What all should I tell my doctor before taking this medicine?
A: Tell your doctor if you had any history of heart attack, heart or liver diseases and if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy. Inform him/her about all your other medications, herbals or supplements.
Q: How to store this medicine?
A: Store this medicine under ambient room temperature in the absence of excess heat, light, moisture and grasp of children.
Q: When should the Dilzem CD-90 capsule be taken, before or after a meal?
A: You can take this medicine before or after a meal or as suggested by your doctor.
Q: What are the lifestyle modifications I should make to control my blood pressure?
A: You should take your blood pressure medicine regularly at the same time. In addition to that, making lifestyle changes will also help to control your blood pressure. These changes include eating a healthy diet that is low in fat and salt, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising at least 30 minutes every day, and reducing alcohol consumption and taking a pause on smoking habits.
Last Updated on: 13 Mar 2021 | 06:26 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved