Dicorate Er 250mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dicorate ER 250 tablet contains divalproex sodium as its active ingredient. It is used to treat fits. It is also used to treat certain symptoms like mood swings and aggressiveness associated with Bipolar disorder. This medicine is also used as a supportive treatment for migraine. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. This medicine should not be used in pregnant women and lactating mothers. You may experience side effects like headache, nausea, vomiting, shakiness, sleepiness, skin rashes while on treatment with this medicine. Most of them are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately....
|You Save||₹17.73 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Valproic Acid / Valproate(250.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Fits, bipolar disorder, migraine|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Valproic Acid / Valproate(250.0 Mg)
Uses of Dicorate Er 250 MG
Dicorate ER 250 tablet is used in the treatment of epilepsy (fits or seizures) and manic episodes associated with Bipolar disorder. For the treatment of migraine.
Contraindications of Dicorate Er 250 MG
- If you are allergic to divalproex sodium or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you or any of your family members have a history of liver problems.
- If you are suffering from a condition called urea cycle disorder.
- If you have an autoimmune disorder of the skin called porphyria.
- If you are suffering from a mitochondrial disorder (a genetic disorder).
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Side effects of Dicorate Er 250 MG
- Stomach pain
- Diarrhoea, indigestion
- Tremor (shakiness)
- Tiredness, weakness
- Altered attention
- Weight gain
- Skin rashes, swelling, hair loss
- Menstrual cramps
- Double vision
- Blood disorders like low platelet count
Precautions and Warnings of Dicorate Er 250 MG
Can I take Dicorate ER 250 tablet during pregnancy?
Dicorate ER 250 tablet must not be taken during pregnancy as it is unsafe and may cause harm to the unborn baby. If you get pregnant or think you may be pregnant while on treatment with this medicine, immediately contact your doctor. For women of childbearing age, you should discuss with your physician the importance of birth control methods and potential hazards to the unborn baby as it may cause some serious birth defects.
Can I take Dicorate ER 250 tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breast milk, thus a decision should be made to either discontinue breastfeeding or treatment with Dicorate ER 250 tablet after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dicorate ER 250 tablet?
You should avoid or be cautious while driving a vehicle or operating heavy machinery as Dicorate ER 250 tablet may make you feel dizzy and sleepy.
Can I consume alcohol with Dicorate ER 250 tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Dicorate ER 250 tablet, as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have suicidal thoughts, unusual changes in mood or behaviour, worsening depression. Immediately contact your doctor.
- Your convulsions have worsened.
- You have diabetes.
- You have gained a lot of weight.
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You are suffering from a pancreas problem like swelling or inflammation in the pancreas.
- You are suffering from a brain disease or any metabolic condition that is affecting your brain.
- You suffer from a condition known as urea cycle disorder.
- You are suffering from a long-term autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- You suffer from any mitochondrial disorder.
- You notice any serious allergic reaction or unwanted side effects after taking this medicine. Please contact your doctor or visit a nearby hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Dicorate Er 250 MG
How Does It Work?
This medicine contains Divalproex sodium as its main ingredient. It stimulates a specific pathway in the nervous system and increases a substance known as GABA. This results in reducing the rapid, repetitive and jerking movements during fits. It also helps to reduce symptoms associated with bipolar disorder and migraine....
Directions for Use of Dicorate Er 250 MG
- Take Dicorate ER 250 tablet instructed by your doctor.
- This medicine should be swallowed whole and should not be crushed or chewed.
Interactions of Dicorate Er 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Dicorate ER 250 tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Dicorate ER 250 tablet along with medicines like aspirin (pain killers), phenobarbital, carbamazepine (used in fits) may increase your chances of having side effects.
- Use of medicines like warfarin (blood thinners), Zidovudine (used in HIV infection), Temozolomide (used in cancer), selegiline, diazepam, quetiapine (used to treat your mental health), Propofol (used for anaesthesia) along with Dicorate ER 250 tablet may increase their effects....
- Concomitant use along with medicines like chloroquine (used in malaria), Cimetidine (used in stomach ulcers), ritonavir (used in HIV infection), rifampicin, meropenem (antibiotics), Cholestyramine (used to lower cholesterol) may alter the way this medicine works....
Storage and disposal of Dicorate Er 250 MG
- Dicorate ER 250 tablet should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Dicorate Er 250 MG
Symptoms of overdose may be headaches, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, muscle weakness, lack of consciousness, breathing problems, fits, confusion, memory loss and unusual behaviour. Seek urgent medical help if you feel you have taken Dicorate ER 250 tablet in excess....
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Dicorate ER 250 tablet?
A: Dicorate ER 250 tablet is used for the treatment of epilepsy (fits or seizures). It is also used to control migraine and some symptoms associated with Bipolar disorder.
Q: Does Dicorate ER 250 tablet cause an addiction?
A: No, Dicorate ER 250 tablet does not cause addiction. However, it should be taken as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not self medicate as it can lead to severe unwanted effects.
Q: How long to take Dicorate ER 250 tablet?
A: The dose and duration of Dicorate ER 250 tablet will depend on the response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: What is the composition of Dicorate Er 250?
A: The composition of Dicorate Er 250 consists of divalproex sodium, as its active component.
Q: Does Dicorate cause weight gain?
A: Yes, weight gain is one of the side effects that an individual might experience after taking this medicine. Although not everyone gets them. However, if it bothers you, you can consult a doctor.
Country of Origin
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.