Dicof Syrup 100ml
Dicof Syrup 100ml Description
Dicof Syrup is used for temporary relief from cough due to throat irritation, sneezing & running nose. It is a combination of medicine containing chlorpheniramine and dextromethorphan as its active i
gredients. Chlorpheniramine is an antiallergic medicine whereas dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant. You should avoid taking the Dicof Syrup with other medicines used to treat your psychiatric illness, as it may worsen your condition. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
|You Save||₹9.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Dextromethorphan(10.0 Mg) + Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(4.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Common cold and cough|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, dizziness, upset stomach|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
- Kasjel Ds Bottle Of 100ml SyrupBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd100ml Syrup in BottleMRP 91.00₹ 77.35₹ 0.77/Ml
- Corex Dx Syrup 100mlBy Pfizer Ltd100ml Syrup in BottleMRP 132.41₹ 112.55₹ 1.13/Ml
- Dilo Dx Syrup 100mlBy Glaxosmithkline100ml Syrup in BottleMRP 83.20₹ 71.55₹ 0.72/Ml
- New Glycodin Bottle Of 100ml SyrupBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd100ml Syrup in BottleMRP 109.50₹ 93.07₹ 0.93/Ml
- Corex Dx Syrup 50mlBy Pfizer Ltd50ml Syrup in BottleMRP 76.99₹ 75.45₹ 1.51/Ml
- Aerodil Dx Sugar Free Raspberry Flavour Syrup 100mlBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd100ml Syrup in BottleMRP 101.00₹ 85.85₹ 0.86/Ml
Uses of Dicof Syrup 100ml
Contraindications of Dicof Syrup 100ml
- In case you are allergic to chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan or any other components of this Syrup.
- If you are having or had medicines like sodium oxybate (used to prevent day time sleepiness)
- If you are taking or have taken monoamine oxidase inhibitors such as phenelzine, selegiline (used to treat mental illness or Parkinson's disease) at least two weeks before starting treatment woth this Syrup . In case you don't know whether your prescription includes such medicines, ask your doctor before taking Dicof Syrup....
Side effects of Dicof Syrup 100ml
- Upset stomach
Precautions and Warnings of Dicof Syrup 100ml
Other General Warnings
- You have a cough for a long time with a lot of mucus (like asthma, emphysema or smoking).
- You have eye problems like glaucoma (increase pressure in the eye).
- You have difficulty in urination and a frequent urge to urinate (enlarged prostate).
- You have problems with your heart and liver.
- You have any breathing problems, high blood pressure and fits.
- In young children, this medicine may produce excitement instead of drowsiness. Be cautious while giving this Syrup to children.
- Older people should be cautious while using Dicof Syrup, as they are more prone to develop dizziness and urination difficulties with this Syrup.
- It is not recommended to use this Syrup in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Dicof Syrup 100ml
How Does It Work?
- Natural substances like Histamine released in our body are responsible for allergies such as sneezing or runny nose
- Chlorpheniramine blocks the effect of these substances and provides relief in symptoms of a common cold
- There are specific areas in the brain (cough centre) which when activated produces coughing. Dextromethorphan affects these areas and deactivates them, thus helps in relieving the coughing
Directions for Use of Dicof Syrup 100ml
- Take Dicof Syrup as directed by the doctor.
- Shake well before the use and use a measuring cup or spoon for measurement.
- Do not take more than four doses in 24 hours.
Interactions of Dicof Syrup 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Dicof Syrup should not be taken with a medicine called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) because it produces a condition called serotonin syndrome which is a condition that can occur rapidly due to a build-up of an excessive amount of serotonin in the body. In the case of serotonin syndrome, a person may experience high body temperature, high blood pressure, fast heart rate, excitability, tremor (shakiness), and sweating. In such a situation patients should rush to a nearby hospital....
- Dicof Syrup should be used cautiously with other medicines like Codeine, Hydrocodone (used for cough) that cause drowsiness. Alcohol, Marijuana, medicines to treat mental illness (Alprazolam, Lorazepam, Zolpidem, etc.), muscle-relaxing medicines ( Carisoprodol, Cyclobenzaprine), other antihistaminic medicines (Cetirizine, Diphenhydramine, etc.) should be consumed with caution....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Dicof Syrup 100ml
- Store Dicof Syrup below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Please protect it from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Dicof Syrup 100ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Dicof Syrup along with other medicines used to treat my psychiatric illness?
Q: How long does it take for Dicof Syrup to show its action?
Q: Can I take Dicof Syrup if I have an eye problem?
Q: How long do I need to take Dicof Syrup?
Q: Is it safe to use Dicof Syrup while breastfeeding?
- Pfizer. Corex D Syrup [Internet]. Pfizerpro.com [cited 11 May 2022]
- DailyMed - Children's Accudial [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- New Tixylix syrup (Chlorpheniramine Maleate and Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide) [Internet]. Labeling.pfizer.com. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Chlorpheniramine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Dextromethorphan: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]