Diamox Strip Of 15 Tablets
By PFIZER LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Diamox 250 MG Description
Diamox tablet is used to treat eye conditions called glaucoma. It contains a medicine called acetazolamide. In Glaucoma, the nerve which connects our eye to our brain is injured mainly because of the
high eye pressure. It can also cause blindness if not treated early. Diamox tablet works by reducing the production of fluid in the eye and thus reduces the pressure inside the eye.
|You Save||₹8.55 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Fits, fever, tiredness, vomiting, itching, headache|
Check more medicines with composition as Acetazolamide(250.0 Mg)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Diamox Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Acetomide 250mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zee Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 20.00₹ 17.0047.37% CHEAPER₹ 1.7/Tablet
Uses of Diamox 250 MG
Diamox tablet is used for treating increased pressure in the eye for an eye condition called Glaucoma.
Contraindications of Diamox 250 MG
- If you are allergic to acetazolamide and any other ingredient of the medicine.
- If you have low salt and electrolyte levels in the body.
- If you have an increased level of chlorine in the body.
- If you have or had a history of kidney failure or other kidney problems.
- If you have adrenal glands (glands situated over kidneys) dysfunction.
- If you have a history of liver failure or other liver problems.
- The use of Diamox tablet is prohibited in children under 12 years of age.
- Diamox tablet are advised not to be used during pregnancy or if you are planning a pregnancy.
Side effects of Diamox 250 MG
- Muscle pain
- Mouth ulcers
Precautions and Warnings of Diamox 250 MG
Can I take Diamox tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used during pregnancy due to insufficient information on its safety in pregnancy, especially during the first trimester of pregnancy.
Can I take Diamox tablet while breastfeeding?
Diamox tablets can be taken by a lactating woman if prescribed by a doctor. However, it should be used with caution in lactating women.
Can I drive if I have consumed Diamox tablet?
Possible side effects of this medicine include drowsiness, confused mind, and far objects appear blurry. The patients are advised to avoid driving on the appearance of any such effects.
Can I consume alcohol with Diamox tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any form of kidney problem like stones.
- You have liver disease.
- You have a blood glucose-related problem.
- You are of age above 65.
- You have a lung-related disorder like difficulty in breathing.
- You are taking any medicine to treat fits or seizures.
Mode of Action of Diamox 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Acetazolamide present in Diamox tablet works by reducing the production of fluids in our eye by inhibiting the action of certain enzymes responsible for the production of fluids in the eyes. Thus, it reduces the fluid pressure in the eye that ultimately prevents eye damage....
Directions for Use of Diamox 250 MG
Take Diamox tablet as a whole with a glass of water as per your doctor's prescription.
Interactions of Diamox 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Diamox tablet should be taken cautiously with methotrexate, anti-diabetics and blood thinners as it may increase or decrease the action of these medicines.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking medicines like digoxin for the treatment of heart failure and blood pressure-lowering medicines.
- Diamox tablet if taken along with medicines used for the treatment of seizures or fits may lead to bone softening, hence caution is advised.
- Diamox tablet may increase the levels of amphetamine and quinidine and prolong their action.
- If this medicine taken along with sodium bicarbonate (used to reduce stomach acid) can lead to kidney stones.
- Lithium therapy used for brain-related disorders should be used cautiously with Diamox tablet as it can increase the levels of lithium in the body.
- Diamox tablet can reduce the antiseptic action of urinary antiseptics such as methenamine.
- Other medicines like ciclosporin, carbamazepine and primidone may interact with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Diamox 250 MG
Diamox tablet should be stored below 30°C in its original package to protect it from light and moisture. Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Diamox 250 MG
The overdose of Diamox tablet results in symptoms like shortness of breath, swelling in eyelids/face/lips, itching in the whole body, fever, ulcers in the mouth, fits, include headache, nausea, vomiting, loss of hunger, tiredness, pale-coloured stools, etc. If you happen to take too much of this medicine report to your doctor as soon as possible or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
It is advised to continue to take this medicine for as long as the doctor recommends. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember it and then take the next dose at the right time....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Diamox tablet used for?
A: Diamox tablet is used for reducing pressure inside the eye for an eye condition known as Glaucoma.
Q: Can I take Diamox tablet after cataract surgery?
A: No, this should only be used when prescribed by a doctor and for the condition that it is prescribed for.
Q: What are the side effects of Diamox tablet?
A: You may experience dizziness, lightheadedness and increased urine output especially during the initial days of the treatment. Dry mouth, nausea, blurred vision, loss of appetite may also be experienced by a few individuals treated with this medicine.
Q: Does Diamox cause photosensitivity?
A: This medicine can make an individual more sensitive to the sun. So, it is advised to wear protective clothing, sunglasses and also use sun protection creams (sunscreen) while going out in the sun.
Q: Can Diamox be given to the elderly?
A: Elderly patients above 60 years are more susceptible to the side effects like confusion, drowsiness, dizziness, etc which might increase the risk of falls. Hence, it should be given only upon medical advice.
Q: Can I stop taking Diamox tablet, if I feel better now?
A: No, you should not stop taking Diamox tablet even if you start feeling better, without consulting your doctor. If you stop taking this medicine before completing the entire course of treatment, your symptoms may return or even worsen.
Q: Is Diamox effective?
A: Yes, Diamox tablet is effective when you take this medicine at the prescribed dose and for the prescribed duration.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 3 February 2022]
- Acetazolamide 250mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 3 February 2022]
- Acetazolamide 250mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 3 February 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed