Dexcin Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
Dexcin Eye/Ear Drops 5ml Description
Dexcin Eye/Ear drops are used to treat bacterial infection and inflammation of the eye and ear. It contains a combination of neomycin, dexamethasone and boric acid as its active ingredients that work
to control inflammation and fight infections. Dexcin eye/ear drops should not be used in children under 2 years of age. This eye/ear drop should be used externally only. Do not ingest this medicine. Avoid touching the dropper with your hands. Use this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended by the doctor.
|You Save||₹2.70 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Boric Acid(1.2 I) + Neomycin(0.5 %) + Dexamethasone(0.11 %)|
|Uses||Eye/ear infection and inflammation|
|Side effects||Blurred vision, burning sensation, irritation, itching, stinging|
|Therapy||OCCULAR OR OTIC ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Uses of Dexcin Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
Contraindications of Dexcin Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
- If you are allergic to neomycin, dexamethasone, boric acid or any other ingredient of Dexcin Eye/Ear drops.
- If you have holes in the eardrum or a grommet fitted in the affected ear.
- In children under 2 years of age.
Side effects of Dexcin Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
- Blurred vision
- Burning sensation
Precautions and Warnings of Dexcin Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
Other General Warnings
- You develop irritation or rash after using this medicine.
- You experience blurred vision or any other vision disturbances after using this medicine.
- You have a mitochondrial disease (mutation in parts of your cells that help make energy).
- You have holes in your eardrum.
- You have an open wound or damaged skin on the eyes or ears.
- You have used this medicine for more than a week.
Mode of Action of Dexcin Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
How Does It Work?
- Dexcin Eye/Ear drops contain three active substances - neomycin, dexamethasone and boric acid.
- Neomycin is an antibiotic that fights bacterial infections.
- Dexamethasone is a steroid that controls inflammation.
- Boric acid has antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties that prevent further growth and multiplication of infection-causing bacteria.
Directions for Use of Dexcin Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
- Use this medicine exactly as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow the directions carefully and do not miss an application.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Avoid touching your eyes/ears with the dropper. The dropper must be kept clean to avoid infections.
- Use the exact number of drops as recommended by your doctor.
- If you have been prescribed any other eye/ear drops or ointments, keep an interval of at least 5 minutes between both the medicines.
Interactions of Dexcin Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Dexcin Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
- Store in a cool and dry place below 25˚C away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Dexcin Eye/Ear Drops 5ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to use Dexcin Eye/Ear drops?
Q: Can I use Dexcin Eye/Ear drops with my other medicines?
Q: Does Dexcin Eye/Ear drops cause tinnitus?
Q: Can Dexcin Eye/Ear drops be used for fungal infections of the eye or ear?
Q: Will Dexcin Eye/Ear drops clear wax from my ear?
Q: Can I use Dexcin Eye/Ear drops if I am pregnant?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 08 February 2022]
- Otomize Ear Spray (Neomycin/Dexamethasone/Acetic Acid) - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 08 February 2022]
- Otomize Ear Spray (Neomycin/Dexamethasone/Acetic Acid) - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 08 February 2022]