Desowen 0.05% Lotion 30ml
Desowen 0.05 % Description
Desowen Lotion helps to relieve the redness, itching, swelling caused due to the inflammatory reaction at the affected part of the body. It contains desonide as its active ingredient. It is not recom
ended for children below 18 years of age as excessive use of this Lotion may lead to decreased and abnormal growth in children. This Lotion is recommended for external use only and for a span of short duration as recommended by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are diabetic as this Lotion affects your blood sugar levels. Long term use may lead to a condition of excessive cortisol in the body with undesirable reactions like swelling on the face, thinning of the skin, weakness, etc. Inform your doctor about all your medical conditions and medication before starting treatment with this Lotion, avoid self-medication.
Uses of Desowen 0.05 %
Contraindications of Desowen 0.05 %
Side effects of Desowen 0.05 %
- Stinging, burning, irritation, peeling, dryness and itching sensation on the skin
- Redness of the skin
- Acne and/or tiny red bumps or rash around the mouth
- Small white or red bumps on the skin
- Skin discolouration
Precautions and Warnings of Desowen 0.05 %
- It is safe to use Desowen Lotion locally during breastfeeding but in smaller quantities and for the exact duration of time.
- You should take care that the newborn does not come directly in contact with the area in which Lotion is applied as it has undesirable effects on the newborn.
- It should not be applied to the breast of breastfeeding mothers as it might enter the newborn's body during feeding. Consult your doctor before using it.
Other General Warnings
- You are pregnant or are planning for a pregnancy.
- You are breastfeeding/lactating.
- You are planning for any surgery.
- You are allergic to any active or other ingredients in the Lotion.
- You are suffering from diabetes and are taking medicines for the same.
- You have any kind of underlying medical condition like Liver related disease or high levels of the hormone cortisol, etc.
- You notice the development of purple, red or brown skin blotches as prolonged use of this Lotion can lead to a type of skin cancer known as Kaposi's sarcoma which shows the symptoms as mentioned.
Mode of Action of Desowen 0.05 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Desowen 0.05 %
- Use Desowen Lotion as directed by your doctor.
- For external use only, apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Desowen 0.05 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use with medicines used to treat high blood sugar levels (Diabetes) should be done under expert guidance with caution as the active ingredient desonide gets absorbed into the body it is known to increase the blood sugar levels by decreasing the action of insulin....
- This medicine should be used with caution if you are on the following medication oral corticosteroids (e.g., prednisone), other topical corticosteroids (e.g., hydrocortisone), drugs that suppress the immune system (e.g., cyclosporine) as it may worsen the effects of Desowen Lotion....
- Since this Lotion is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines.
- However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
Storage and disposal of Desowen 0.05 %
Dosage of Desowen 0.05 %
- High dose or long term use may make your skin thin, easy to bruise, hormonal changes like increased facial hair, acne, menstrual problems and loss of interest in sexual activity in some cases.
- As this Lotion is meant for external application cases of an overdose are unlikely.
- However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of it wipe out the excess of the medicine with a tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Desowen Lotion be used for fungal infections?
Q: Can Desowen Lotion treat acne?
Q: Can Desowen Lotion treat ringworm infections?
Q: Can Desowen be used for insect bites?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- DESONIDE cream DESONIDE ointment [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- Drugs H. Desonide Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- Desonide topical Uses, Side Effects & Warnings - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- Desonide [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]