Deriphyllin Retard 150 Strip Of 30 Tablets
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet is to treat asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It is a condition where the airway is narrowed or swollen due to the presence of mucous, which leads to breathing difficulties and coughing. It contains etofylline and theophylline as its active ingredients, known as bronchodilators medicine. This medicine works by relaxing the muscles of the airway and cleaning any obstruction. This medicine should be taken for the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. You can take this medicine with or without food, but it is advised to take it at the same time every day for optimal benefit. Before using the Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and also about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Deriphyllin Retard 150 Strip Of 30 Tablets
Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet is used to manage the airway obstruction or tightening associated with asthma or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
Contraindications of Deriphyllin Retard 150 Strip Of 30 Tablets
- If you are allergic to theophylline, etofylline or any other ingredients of the Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet.
- If you have a rare blood disorder called porphyria.
- If this tablet is given along with other medicines like ephedrine to treat asthma to children less than 6 years of age,
- Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet should not be used in children under 6 months of age.
Side effects of Deriphyllin Retard 150 Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Deriphyllin Retard 150 Strip Of 30 Tablets
Can I take Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using the Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet pass into the breastmilk, thus it should only be used if prescribed by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet?
If you feel dizzy after taking the Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet?
Alcohol can alter the way Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet work. So, it should be avoided while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart problems, including high blood pressure.
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidney.
- You have fits.
- You have a fever or a viral infection.
- You have difficulty passing urine (in male patients).
- You have stomach ulcers or a thyroid problem.
- You are a smoker or have a habit of drinking alcohol, which may alter the way this medicine works.
Mode of Action of Deriphyllin Retard 150 Strip Of 30 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet contains theophylline and etofylline and they are known as bronchodilators.
- Etofylline is a derivative of theophylline. It works by dilating and relaxing the airway muscles.
- Theophylline decreases swelling in the lungs of asthma patients and helps to relieve the feeling of blockage.
Directions for Use of Deriphyllin Retard 150 Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Deriphyllin Retard 150 Strip Of 30 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin and Enoxacin may increase the effect of this medicine.
- Medicines like Aminoglutethimide, Isoprenaline, Carbamazepine, Phenytoin, Rifampicin, Ritonavir, Sulphinpyrazone, Barbiturates and Hypericum perforatum may reduce the effect of Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet.Read less
- Other medicines that can interact with Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet are Halothane, anticancer medicines such as Lomustine, Lithium, Steroids, Diuretics, Ephedrine and Ketamine.
Storage and disposal of Deriphyllin Retard 150 Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Store Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablets at room temperature in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Deriphyllin Retard 150 Strip Of 30 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose may include pain in the upper abdomen, restlessness, muscle stiffness, blood in vomit and fits. If you think you have taken an excessive dose of Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet be given to patients with heart disorders?
A: Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet should be used cautiously in patients with heart disorders, as this medicine may cause an increase in heartbeats. It is mandatory to consult the doctor before using this medication.
Q: Can Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet be given to patients with diabetic patients?
A: Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet should be given to diabetic patients with caution; it may increase blood glucose. It is mandatory to consult the doctor before using this medication.
Q: Does Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet contain steroids?
A: No, Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet does not contain steroids. It contains a combination of etofylline & theophylline and is known as bronchodilators.
Q: Does Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet cause drowsiness?
A: Yes, drowsiness is a side effect of the Deriphyllin Retard 150 tablet, so after taking this medicine, driving and handling any machinery should be avoided.
Q: Should I stop taking Deriphyllin Retard tablet, if I start feeling better?
A: No, do not stop taking this medicine without first consulting with your doctor, as it may further worsen your condition. Take this medicine for the exact duration and correct doses prescribed by your doctor.
- Uniphyllin Continus 200 mg prolonged release tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
- Uniphyllin Continus 200 mg prolonged release tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
- Etofylline nicotinate: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Go.drugbank.com. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
- CDSCO - Etofylline/Theophylline [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 16 Jul 2021 | 06:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved