Depran Forte 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Depran Forte 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Depran Forte tablet is a prescription medication commonly used for anxiety and mood disorders. It combines two active medicines: clonazepam (0.5 mg) and escitalopram oxalate (20 mg). Clonazepam is a
tranquilliser, and it belongs to a class of medications called benzodiazepines. Escitalopram is an antidepressant medication, and it belongs to the group of SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) medicines. In mood disorders, the generalised state of the mood gets distorted and interferes with the ability to perform typical day to day activities. It can be family history, trauma, stress, physical illness, other psychological conditions, etc. Depran forte helps stabilise the mood by lowering the excess activity of nerves in the brain and causes sedation. It can cause both weight gain or weight loss; it varies from person to person. The dose of the Depran forte tablet should be monitored carefully, especially in older patients and patients with liver and kidney disorders. The dose should also be monitored as it can cause dependency. It also has habit-forming potential. This medicine should not be stopped suddenly, as it can cause withdrawal symptoms. Tell your doctor the list of the medication you are taking, as this medicine can have interactions with them and have undesirable effects.
|You Save||₹27.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Citalopram(20.0 Mg) + Clonazepam(0.5 Mg)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, major depressive disorder|
|Side effects||Delayed ejaculation, nausea, vomiting, memory problems, confusion, depression, drowsiness, weight gain, loss of appetite, low sexual desire, decreased orgasms, indigestion, diarrhoea, constipation, reduced heart rate, nightmares, cold palms and soles, uncoordinated body movements, sweating, flu-like symptoms.|
|Therapy||ANTI-ANXIETY AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT|
Uses of Depran Forte 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Anxiety disorder
- Major depressive disorder
- Concentration difficulties
- Conditions causing dry mouth, as it increases salivation.
- Insomnia or sleeplessness
Contraindications of Depran Forte 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Do not use the Depran forte tablet if you have the following condition.
- If you have an allergy to any of the components of the Depran forte tablet
- If you have a history of alcohol or medicine addiction, mental health disorder, depression, etc.
- If you are already using other anti-anxiety or sedatives, as it can interfere with each other can cause adverse reactions.
- If you have acute angle glaucoma, it increases the fluid pressure in the eyes.
- If you have severe liver disease.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you are breastfeeding, consult your doctor first.
- If you are driving, it can impair your driving ability.
Side effects of Depran Forte 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Slow heart rate
- Cold extremities
- Memory problems
- Uncoordinated movements
- Low sexual desire
- Delayed ejaculation
- Decreased orgasms
- Influenza-like symptoms
- Menstrual disorders
- Decreased appetite
- Weight gain
- Disclaimer - Most of these side effects do not require medical treatment, and they will disappear once you have adjusted to the dose. But, if any of these conditions persist for a long duration, consult your doctor immediately....
Precautions and Warnings of Depran Forte 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You’ve a bleeding disorder, or you are on a blood thinner, use a depran forte tablet with caution. You are using any medications like painkillers that cause sedation or tranquillisation. You have kidney disorders, depran forte can be safe. But consult your doctor as the side effects are increased in end-stage kidney failure. You have any previous mild liver condition; this medicine may need some dose adjustment. You have a seizure disorder and are on anti-epileptic medicines. You have any respiratory disease or a heart condition, this medicine may require dose adjustment. You are using any herbal medicines or supplements. The effects of the medicine are exaggerated in elderly patients, so use it with caution....
Mode of Action of Depran Forte 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Depran Forte 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take the Depran forte tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot feel its effects.
- Do not break the tablet or chew it.
- Take the tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not take if the package has been opened.
- Do not suddenly stop taking this medication, as it can have adverse effects.
Interactions of Depran Forte 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take other anti-anxiety and mood disorder medications such as linezolid, moclobemide, selegiline, etc. It can cause some severe reactions.
- If you are using any anti-epileptic medicines for seizure disorders, inform your doctor as it can increase the effects of this medication.
- Be careful while using opiates or narcotic painkillers with this tablet.
- If you are using an anti-depression medication, do not use this medicine without informing your doctor.
Interactions with food items
- Interactions with alcohol.
- Do not take the Depran forte tablet with alcohol. It can interfere with the effects of the medicine and increase the severity of side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, mood disorders, etc.
Storage and disposal of Depran Forte 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dosage of Depran Forte 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)