Delsone 40mg Tab
By PSYCHOTROPICS INDIA LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Delsone 40mg Tab contains prednisolone. It is a corticosteroid which belongs to a class of steroid medicines.
Uses of Delsone 40mg Tab
- For the treatment of various allergic conditions like asthma, skin allergies including psoriasis and lung conditions and allergies due to medicines
- For relieving pain and inflammation in different body parts and in various conditions such as arthritis
Contraindications of Delsone 40mg Tab
- If you are allergic to this medicine or steroids or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have any other infection and you are not taking any medicine to treat that infection
- If you are suffering from viral infection of eye caused by herpes virus
Side effects of Delsone 40mg Tab
- Feeling angry
- Mood swings
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Delsone 40mg Tab
Can I take Delsone 40mg Tab during pregnancy?
- It may increase the risk of growth retardation in fetus. Cases of cataracts also have been observed in babies born to mothers taking steroids for long term. Thus, it should be taken only when doctor recommends after assessing the benefits of this medicine to pregnant women outweighs the risks to unborn baby.read less
Can I take Delsone 40mg Tab while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into the breast milk in small amounts. Thus, the use of this medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding mothers unless prescribed by doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Delsone 40mg Tab?
It has no influence on your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Delsone 40mg Tab?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol, it is important to consult your doctor if you drink alcohol too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- This medicine makes you more prone for infections, in case you already have any infection like fungal infection, or you have measels or chicken pox, you are taking medicines to suppress immune response discuss your condition with doctor.read less
- You experience any skin allergies and rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- You experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts.
- You experience visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long term use there is the probability that you may develop a cataract.
- You are elderly, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- It can impair the fertility of an individual, be very cautious
- You have a history of muscle weakness due to steroid therapy or have a condition called mysthenia gravis
- This medicine may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth
Mode of Action of Delsone 40mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Prednisolone is a naturally occuring steroid. Steroids are hormones produced in human body and responsible for normal body functions. It acts by suppressing the immune response in allergies and inflammation and during organ transplantation. It can also delay the progress of leukemia (blood cancer) and is critical in the maintenance of normal body functions during stress.
Directions for Use of Delsone 40mg Tab
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own
Interactions of Delsone 40mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- You should not take any live vaccine while taking this medicine as it can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine
- Antacids and antibiotics rifamycin and erythromycin can reduce the effectiveness of this medicine.
- You may require a higher dose of this medicine if you are taking medicines to treat fits like phenobarbital, phenytoin.
- If you are taking medicines antifungal medicines like amphoterecin and ketoconazole, oral contraceptive medicines like ethinyl estradiol and norethindrone, antibiotics like troleandomycin and erthromycin, immunosuppresants like ciclosporin, methotrexate you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine.read less
- There is an increased risk of stomach bleeding if you are taking painkillers or aspirin along with this medicine.
- You should be cautious you are taking any anti-diabetic medicine like insulin, medicines to stop blood clotting, water pill and thyroid medicine such as carbimazole and thiamazole, medicines for heart failure like digoxin.read less
- Somatropin a growth hormone if taken along can inhibit its growth in an individual.
- Other medicines for treat asthma like salbutamol may lead to an increase in potassium level in blood and you may expereince irregular heart beats.
Interactions with food items
- Grapefruit Juice
Storage and disposal of Delsone 40mg Tab
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Keep it in original pack to protect it from catching moisture
- Keep out of the reach of children
Dosage of Delsone 40mg Tab
Taking more than the prescribed dose can cause side effects like mental disorders, hallucinations, depression, irregular heart beats or sometimes it can be even fatal. You must seek immediate medical assistance in case you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before taking Delsone 40mg Tab
A: It is important to inform your healthcare provider about your complete medical/surgical history, especially if you have any diseases like bleeding anomalies, fungal infections, kidney ailments or liver diseases.
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine on my own?
- No steroids therapy should not be stopped abruptly as it can lead to psychological problems, your dose will be gradually reduced by your doctor before completely withdrawing this therapy.
Q: Can I take vaccine if i am on medicine?
- Delsone 40mg Tab can reduce the effectiveness of some vaccines. Hence, it is best to consult your doctor before doing so.
Q: Is the medicine safe for children?
- It should only be given to children if it is prescribed by the doctor and in the exact dose as prescribed under adult supervision.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved