Daymox 250mg Capsule
By DAEWOO HEALTH CARE
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Daymox Capsule is used to treat eye conditions called glaucoma. It contains a medicine called acetazolamide. In Glaucoma, the nerve which connects our eye to our brain is injured mainly because of the
high eye pressure. It can also cause blindness if not treated early. Daymox Capsule works by reducing the production of fluid in the eye and thus reduces the pressure inside the eye....
Uses of Daymox 250mg Capsule
Daymox Capsule is used for treating increased pressure in the eye for an eye condition called Glaucoma.
Contraindications of Daymox 250mg Capsule
- Known allergy to acetazolamide and any other ingredient of the medicine.
- Low salt and electrolyte levels in the body.
- Increased level of chlorine in the body.
- Patients with a history of kidney failure or other kidney problems.
- Patients with adrenal glands (glands situated over kidneys) dysfunction.
- Patients with a history of liver failure or other liver problems.
- The use of Daymox Capsule is prohibited in children under 12 years of age.
- Daymox Capsule are advised not to be used in pregnancy or if the planning of a family.
Side effects of Daymox 250mg Capsule
- Muscle pain
- Mouth ulcers
- Difficulty in breathing
- Difficulty in passing urine
Precautions and Warnings of Daymox 250mg Capsule
Can I take Daymox Capsule during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used during pregnancy due to insufficient information on its safety in pregnancy, especially during the first trimester of pregnancy.
Can I take Daymox Capsule while breastfeeding?
Daymox Capsules can be taken by a lactating woman if prescribed by a doctor. However, it should be used with caution in lactating women.
Can I drive if I have consumed Daymox Capsule?
Possible side effects of this medicine include drowsiness, confused mind, and far objects appear blurry. The patients are advised to avoid driving on the appearance of any such effects.
Can I consume alcohol with Daymox Capsule?
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any form of kidney problem like stones.
- You have liver disease.
- You have a blood glucose-related problem.
- You are of age above 65.
- You have a lung-related disorder like difficulty in breathing.
- You are taking any medicine to treat fits or seizures.
Mode of Action of Daymox 250mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
Acetazolamide present in Daymox Capsule works by reducing the production of fluids in our eye by inhibiting the action of certain enzymes responsible for the production of fluids in the eyes. Thus, it
reduces the fluid pressure in the eye that ultimately prevents eye damage....
Directions for Use of Daymox 250mg Capsule
Take Daymox Capsule as a whole with a glass of water as per your doctor's prescription.
Interactions of Daymox 250mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Daymox Capsule should be taken cautiously with methotrexate, anti-diabetics and blood thinners as it may increase or decrease the action of these medicines.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking medicines like digoxin for the treatment of heart failure and blood pressure-lowering medicines.
- Daymox Capsule if taken along with medicines used for the treatment of seizures or fits may lead to bone softening, hence caution is advised.
- Daymox Capsule may increase the levels of amphetamine and quinidine and prolong their action.
- If this medicine taken along with sodium bicarbonate (used to reduce stomach acid) can lead to kidney stones.
- Lithium therapy used for brain-related disorders should be used cautiously with Daymox Capsule as it can increase the levels of lithium in the body.
- Daymox Capsule can reduce the antiseptic action of urinary antiseptics such as methenamine.
- Other medicines like ciclosporin, carbamazepine and primidone may interact with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Daymox 250mg Capsule
Daymox Capsule should be stored below 30°C in its original package to protect it from light and moisture. Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Daymox 250mg Capsule
The overdose of Daymox Capsule results in symptoms like shortness of breath, swelling in eyelids/face/lips, itching in the whole body, fever, ulcers in the mouth, fits, include headache, nausea, vomit
ing, loss of hunger, tiredness, pale-coloured stools, etc. If you happen to take too much of this medicine report to your doctor as soon as possible or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
It is advised to continue to take this medicine for as long as the doctor recommends. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you re
member it and then take the next dose at the right time....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Daymox Capsule used for?
A: Daymox Capsule is used for reducing pressure inside the eye for an eye condition known as Glaucoma.
Q: Can I take Daymox Capsule after cataract surgery?
A: No, this should only be used when prescribed by a doctor and for the condition that it is prescribed for.
Q: What are the side effects of Daymox Capsule?
A: You may experience dizziness, lightheadedness and increased urine output especially during the initial days of the treatment. Dry mouth, nausea, blurred vision, loss of appetite may also be experienced by a few individuals treated with this medicine.
Last Updated on: 01 Jun 2021 | 05:22 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved