Cynocal M Injection
Cynocal M 500 MCG Description
Cynocal M Injection is used to treat vitamin B12 deficiency, anaemia and a painful nerve disease called peripheral neuropathy. It contains mecobalamin or methylcobalamin also known as vitamin B12. It
helps in red blood cell formation, cell metabolism, nerve function and the production of DNA. This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self-inject it. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Cynocal M Injection.
|You Save||₹3.63 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(500.0 Mcg)|
|Uses||Vitamin B12 deficiency|
|Side effects||Pain and swelling at injection site, skin rash, itching|
Uses of Cynocal M 500 MCG
Contraindications of Cynocal M 500 MCG
- If you are allergic to Mecobalamin or any other ingredients of Cynocal M Injection.
- If you are suffering from any type of kidney disease.
- If you have or have ever had Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy (slow, painless loss of vision, first in one eye and then in the other eye).
Side effects of Cynocal M 500 MCG
- Pain and swelling at injection site
- Skin rash
- Muscle cramps
- Difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Cynocal M 500 MCG
Other General Warnings
- You have any existing medical condition like diabetes, hypertension, kidney or liver problem.
- You are on other medications, supplements or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You have an eye disorder called Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy (slow and painless loss of vision).
- You consume alcohol in excess regularly, your doctor may monitor your vitamin B12 levels to check the progress of treatment.
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking the Cynocal M Injection.
Mode of Action of Cynocal M 500 MCG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cynocal M 500 MCG
- Cynocal M Injection will be given to you as an injection by a doctor or nurse in a hospital or clinic.
- Be careful of any instruction given during the administration and aftercare. Do not self inject.
Interactions of Cynocal M 500 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines like Aminosalicylic acid, Chloramphenicol, Colchicine, histamine-2 antagonists, Neomycin and proton pump inhibitors (e.g. Pantoprazole) can decrease the absorption of Mecobalamin.
- Oral contraceptives can decrease the action of Mecobalamin by reducing its concentration in the body.
- Folic acid when taken in a larger dose for a prolonged duration can impair the therapeutic response of Mecobalamin.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Cynocal M 500 MCG
- Store Cynocal M Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not keep the medicine when it is no longer needed or expired.
Dosage of Cynocal M 500 MCG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the natural sources of vitamin B12?
- Animal products such as fish, meat, poultry, eggs, milk and milk products contain vitamin B12 naturally
- Plant foods do not contain vitamin B12 but fortified breakfast cereals are a source of vitamin B12 with high bioavailability for vegetarians
- Some nutritional yeast products also contain vitamin B12
Q: What are the causes of vitamin B12 deficiency?
Q: Is there any side effect of the Cynocal M Injection?
Q: How does the Cynocal M Injection be administered, iv or im?
Q: When do you give methylcobalamin injection?
- Mecobalamin: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | MIMS Malaysia [Internet]. Mims.com. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Topics H. Cyanocobalamin: MedlinePlus [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Cyanocobalamin (Intramuscular Route) Description and Brand Names - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Methylcobalamine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]