Coralan 5mg Tablet
By SERVIER INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED (FORMERLY KNOWN AS SERDIA PHARMACEUTICALS (INDIA) PVT LTD)
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Coralan 5 MG Description
Coralan 5mg Tablet is a heart rate-lowering medicine containing Ivabradine as its active ingredient. It is used to treat heart-related chest pain and long-term heart failure. Avoid taking this medici
ne if you are allergic to it, have any problems with your heart, have liver problems, are pregnant or breastfeeding. This medicine is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age. Take it in doses and duration prescribed by the doctor. It must be taken with food. Before starting this medicine, it is mandatory to inform your doctor about your past medical history and the medicines you take.
|You Save||₹44.10 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Ivabradine(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Coralan 5 MG
Coralan 5mg Tablet is used to treat long term heart failure & angina (chest pain which is related to the heart).
Contraindications of Coralan 5 MG
- If you are allergic to ivabradine or any other components of Coralan 5mg Tablet
- If you are suffering from any heart diseases
- If you have a very low blood pressure
- If you have any liver problems
- If you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant
- If you are breastfeeding
- If you are using medicines to treat your fungal infection (ketoconazole, itraconazole, etc), using antibiotics (clarithromycin, erythromycin), medicines to treat HIV infection (nelfinavir, ritonavir, etc), medicines to treat psychiatric illness like nefazodone, medicines to treat heart conditions (diltiazem, verapamil)...
Side effects of Coralan 5 MG
- Stomach pain
- Blurred vision
- Increased brightness
- Slow heart rate
- Uncontrolled blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Coralan 5 MG
Can I take Coralan 5mg Tablet during pregnancy?
You should not use this medicine as there is limited information about its safety in pregnant women. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine during pregnancy. Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it.
Can I take Coralan 5mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about its use in breastfeeding mothers, but studies in animals have shown that Ivabradine passes into breast milk. Hence, it should not be used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Coralan 5mg Tablet?
You may experience side effects like dizziness or visual disturbances while taking this medicine. Thus, you need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Coralan 5mg Tablet?
There is limited information but you must avoid consuming alcohol during treatment with Coralan 5mg Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any problems with your heart like irregular heartbeats, stroke, etc.
- You experience symptoms like tiredness, dizziness or shortness of breath.
- You have low or uncontrolled blood pressure.
- You have any liver or kidney problems.
- You suffer from any eye disease.
- Coralan 5mg Tablet is not recommended for use in patients who are below 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Coralan 5 MG
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by reducing the heart rate so that the heart pumps more blood each time it beats.
Directions for Use of Coralan 5 MG
Take Coralan 5mg Tablet with a glass of water or milk. It should be taken with food. Do not break, crush or chew the medicine. It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time. Follow your doctor’s instructions and do not exceed that dose more than that recommended....
Interactions of Coralan 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You need to mention all the medicines you take including herbal, vitamins & mineral supplements to your doctor before starting Coralan 5mg Tablet.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with medicines like quinidine, amiodarone (used in heart diseases), pimozide (used to treat mental health), pentamidine (used in pneumonia) is not recommended as it may be harmful....
- You need to be cautious while using water pills like hydrochlorothiazide, indapamide, furosemide, bumetanide along with this medicine, as it may cause low heartbeats.
- This medicine should not be used along with medicines like ketoconazole (anti-fungal), ritonavir (used in HIV infection), clarithromycin (antibiotic), nefazodone (used to treat mental health), diltiazem, verapamil (used to treat high blood pressure and heart diseases)....
- Medicines like fluconazole, rifampicin, phenytoin, omeprazole, simvastatin, amlodipine, digoxin, warfarin should be used cautiously along with this medicine.
Interactions with food items
You should avoid having grapefruit juice while on treatment with Coralan 5mg Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Coralan 5 MG
Coralan 5mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat. Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Coralan 5 MG
Excess of this medicine may cause problems like a slower heart rate. Seek urgent medical help if you experience any such symptoms or feel you have taken too much of Coralan 5mg Tablet.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Coralan 5mg Tablet?
A: It is used in the treatment of long-term heart failure and also heart-related chest pain.
Q: Can Coralan 5mg Tablet be used in children?
A: No, this medicine is not indicated for use in children as its safety and effectiveness has not been studied.
Q: Can Coralan 5mg Tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
A: No, it has to be taken with food.
Q: Any food items to be avoided while taking Coralan 5mg Tablet?
A: You should avoid having grapefruit juice while taking this medicine.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed