Contiflo Icon 0.4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Contiflo Icon Tablet is used for the treatment of symptoms of an enlarged prostate in males, it is also called benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). Contiflo Icon Tablet helps in relieving the symptoms such as frequent urination, pain while urinating, difficulty in passing urine, etc. in BPH. It contains tamsulosin as its active ingredient which belongs to the class of medicines called an alpha-adrenergic blocker. It works by relaxing the smooth muscles of the bladder. Take this medicine as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken after food. Complete the entire course of this medication and do not stop taking it on your own. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical and medications history. This medicine is not recommended for use in children and adolescents....
|You Save||₹25.56 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Benign prostatic hyperplasia|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, stomach upset|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA|
Check more medicines with composition as Tamsulosin(0.4 Mg)
4 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Contiflo Icon 0.4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Contiflo Icon 0.4 MG
Contiflo Icon Tablet is used in men to treat symptoms such as pain or difficulty in passing urine, frequent urination during the night, an urgency to urinate, incomplete bladder emptying associated with an enlarged prostate (benign prostate hyperplasia, BPH)....
Contraindications of Contiflo Icon 0.4 MG
- If you are allergic to tamsulosin or any of the other ingredients of the Contiflo Icon Tablet.
- If you have problems with your liver.
- If you suddenly feel dizzy or light-headed when you sit up or stand up due to low blood pressure.
Side effects of Contiflo Icon 0.4 MG
- An upset stomach
- A dry mouth
- Nose bleeding
- Swelling and irritation inside the nose
- Skin rash
- Difficulty in ejaculation
- Blurry vision
Precautions and Warnings of Contiflo Icon 0.4 MG
Can I take the Contiflo Icon Tablet during pregnancy?
Contiflo Icon Tablet is meant to be used only in men.
Can I take the Contiflo Icon Tablet while breastfeeding?
Contiflo Icon Tablet is meant to be used only in men.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Contiflo Icon Tablet?
Contiflo Icon Tablet may blur your vision and make you feel dizzy, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with the Contiflo Icon Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Contiflo Icon Tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You are scheduled to have eye surgery for cataract or glaucoma. As the use of this medicine may increase the risk of eye complications during and after the surgery.
- You have ever fainted or felt dizzy when suddenly sitting or standing up.
- In men, ejaculation disorders and ejaculation failure have been observed with this medicine.
- Contiflo Icon Tablet is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Contiflo Icon 0.4 MG
How Does It Work?
Tamsulosin in Contiflo Icon Tablet works by relaxing the muscles of the prostate, bladder and urethra (which carries urine), so that easier flow of urine is facilitated. Thus, improving the symptoms associated with benign enlargement of the prostate....
Directions for Use of Contiflo Icon 0.4 MG
- Contiflo Icon Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- It should be taken after a meal, it should be preferably taken at the same time every day for best results.
Interactions of Contiflo Icon 0.4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Contiflo Icon Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled....
- In particular, if you are taking blood certain blood pressure-lowering medicines like Verapamil and Diltiazem, it may cause low blood pressure effects like dizziness and light-headedness. Blood thinners, antiinfectives, anti-ulcer medicine, anti-HIV medicines should be used cautiously....
Storage and disposal of Contiflo Icon 0.4 MG
- Store the Contiflo Icon Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Contiflo Icon 0.4 MG
An overdose of the Contiflo Icon Tablet may cause a severe drop in blood pressure, tiredness, dizziness and malaise. Seek urgent medical attention in case you experience any of the symptoms or have taken too much of this medicine....
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed taking any dose of the Contiflo Icon Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of the Contiflo Icon Tablet?
A: Contiflo Icon Tablet is used in men for treating symptoms associated with an enlarged prostate gland. It helps in relieving symptoms such as pain or difficulty in passing urine, frequent urination during the night, the urge to urinate, feeling of incomplete urination, inability to empty the bladder completely, etc.
Q: How to take the Contiflo Icon Tablet?
A: Contiflo Icon Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, after food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. You should take this medicine at the same time every day for optimal results.
Q: How long should I take the Contiflo Icon Tablet?
A: The dose and duration of the Contiflo Icon Tablet will depend on the response to treatment. Take it for as long as prescribed by your doctor and follow all the instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: Can the Contiflo Icon Tablet be used in children?
A: No, the Contiflo Icon Tablet is not recommended for use in patients less than 18 years old.
- Contiflo XL 400 micrograms prolonged release capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 September 2021]
- Contiflo XL 400 micrograms prolonged release capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 September 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 7 September 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.