Consivas 40mg Tablet
By EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
This medicine belongs to the statin group of medicines, which helps in lowering the low-density lipoproteins (LDL) (also known as bad cholesterol). The generic name of Consivas 40mg Tab is rosuvastatin.
Uses of Consivas 40mg Tab
The uses of Consivas 40mg Tab are in the management and control of high levels of cholesterol in blood, high blood pressure heart disease along with the deterrence of heart attack and stroke.
Contraindications of Consivas 40mg Tab
- Any liver or kidney problems
- Abnormal liver tests indicating elevated enzymes in liver
- Allergic to this medicine or statin group
- If you are taking cyclosporine
Side effects of Consivas 40mg Tab
- The common side effects of Consivas 40mg Tab are a headache, stomach pain, dizziness, heartburn, constipation, and nausea
- Severe adverse effects include myopathy, abnormal muscle breakdown (rhabdomyolysis, which is a condition with severe muscle pain), soreness and may be associated with fever. This can be serious as it can lead to acute kidney failureread less
- If there are any signs of blood in the urine along with muscle pain, it may be an indication of jaundice and elevated liver enzymes; which need to immediately reported to a doctor.
Precautions and Warnings of Consivas 40mg Tab
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
Do not consume this medicine if you are pregnant or planning for pregnancy as it can cause harm to the foetus. Women of reproductive age, whom this medicine has been prescribed, need to adopt effectual contraceptive methods instructed by the doctor.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
Do not take this medicine during the period of breastfeeding as a small amount of medicine passes into the breast milk to the infant and lead to adverse effects in the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
The consumption of this medicine does not affect driving ability. Hence, you can drive safely.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
The intake of alcohol should be limited, as the combination of this medicine and alcohol can cause liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have muscle aches or pains or a family history of muscle problems
- You had muscular problems during the treatment with other cholesterol-lowering medicines
- You have liver or kidney ailments
- You are a regular drinker of alcohol
- You are on the prescription of fusidic acid and have taken the same in the last five days
Mode of Action of Consivas 40mg Tab
How Does It Work?
The composition of Consivas 40mg Tab works by reducing the bad cholesterol levels in the blood by restricting the working of the enzyme known as HMG-CoA reductase (which is responsible for the formation of cholesterol). This medicine also increases the levels of good cholesterol (high-density lipoproteins (HDL)).
Directions for Use of Consivas 40mg Tab
The medicine is taken orally with or without food, as directed by the physician, usually once daily. Swallow the medicine with water and do not chew or crush the tablet. The dosage depends upon the medical condition, age, response to the treatment and other medications you may be taking.
Interactions of Consivas 40mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Other lipid-lowering agents
- Amiodarone, diltiazem or verapamil
- Many other medicines like cyclosporine, warfarin, oral contraceptive pills, itraconazole, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin and HIV protease inhibitors
- After two hours of taking this medicine, any antacids like aluminium hydroxide should be taken
- It should not be taken along with fusidic acid or within seven days of stopping fusidic acid
Interactions with food items
Intake of grapefruit juice should be limited or eschewed during the administration period of this medicine. A diet in low fat will serve larger benefits.
Other general Interactions
People having liver and kidneys ailments, muscle problems, severe lung disease and an underactive thyroid need to avoid this medicine. Pregnant and breastfeeding women are also suggested to seek alternative medicine.
Storage and disposal of Consivas 40mg Tab
It should be stored in the room temperature, away from sunlight and moisture, heat and children. Properly dispose of the medicines, which are expired or no longer used, through standard waste management techniques.
Dosage of Consivas 40mg Tab
Overdose of Consivas 40mg Tab has similar symptoms as that caused by the side effects of this medicine which are nausea, feeling sick, muscle pain, weakness, dizziness, skin rashes, headache, stomach ache, heartburn, rhabdomyolysis and constipation. You should visit the doctor if you observe any symptoms of overdose.
Missed a Dose
Take your doses on time, do not skip it. If you have missed a dose, take it immediately when you recall the time of administration. If it is a time for the next scheduled dose, avoid the missed dose. Do not take extra doses to atone for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does this medicine will take to work?
A: Within two to four weeks, you will observe the lowering of bad cholesterol levels (LDL). The results differ among individuals according to their respective conditions. On the follow-up visit, your doctor may change or stop your dosage as per your lab results and nature of improvement in your condition.
Q: Will it increase the risk of diabetes?
A: This medicine can cause a slight increase in the levels of blood sugar. If you are already at a high risk for developing type 2 diabetes, then this medicine can slightly elevate your risk. Your doctor will have to continually monitor your blood sugar levels for the first few months if you already have diabetes. Talk to your doctor if you are finding it difficult to manage the sugar levels.
Q: Will this medicine affect my fertility?
A: No, there is no evidence which indicates that this medicine affects fertility in either men or women.
Q: How long should I take this medicine?
A: You have to take it usually for long period of time based on your condition. The benefits are only observed after consuming this medicine for a prescribed period of time. If you stop or alter its dose in between the prescribed period, your cholesterol levels may rise again.
- WebMD. Rosuvastatin calcium.
- National Health Service (NHS). Rosuvastatin.
- electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC). Package leaflet: information for the patient. Crestor® 5 mg film-coated tablets. Crestor® 10 mg film-coated tablets. Crestor® 20 mg film-coated tablets. Crestor® 40 mg film-coated tablets. Rosuvastatin.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. Drugs and Lactation Database. (LactMed) [Internet]. Rosuvastatin.
- DailyMed. Label: Rosuvastatin – rosuvastatin calcium tablet, film coated.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 08:07 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved