Clopitab 75mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Clopitab 75 MG Description
Clopitab 75 mg tablet is an antiplatelet medication. It contains clopidogrel as an active component. Clopitab 75 is used to prevent blood clot formation within the body and reduce the risk of heart a
ttack, stroke and heart-related chest pain. The formation of blood clots can cause serious health conditions and may lead to a heart attack or stroke. Do not take tab Clopitab 75 if you are allergic to it or have any liver disease or bleeding disorders. You should take Clopitab tablets regularly at a dose and duration as directed by your treating doctor. You should never stop taking Clopitab 75, even if you think you are feeling better, otherwise, it may increase the risk of having a heart stroke again. Take Clopitab 75 with or without food, but at a fixed time daily. Also, discuss with your doctor a detailed medical history and all other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interaction.
|You Save||₹14.96 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Prevent blood clot, heart stroke, chest pain|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, stomach pain, indigestion|
Uses of Clopitab 75 MG
Contraindications of Clopitab 75 MG
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have any liver disease or bleeding disorder like stomach ulcer or bleeding in the brain
Side effects of Clopitab 75 MG
- Dizzy feeling
- Stomach pain
- Constipation, gas
- Flu-like symptoms like weakness and running nose
Precautions and Warnings of Clopitab 75 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any liver disease.
- You have any bleeding conditions.
- You are allergic to Clopidogrel or any similar medicines like Prasugrel.
- You have haemophilia (a disease affecting the ability of blood to form clots).
- You had any surgery or have a scheduled surgery in a few days.
- You had any serious injury.
- Inform the doctor if you have any: ongoing medications including supplements, herbals and vitamins and over the counter medicines.
Directions for Use of Clopitab 75 MG
Storage and disposal of Clopitab 75 MG
Quick Tips of Clopitab 75 MG
- Clopitab 75 mg tablet is used to prevent blood clot formation in the hardened blood vessels, thus reducing the risk of heart attack, stroke and heart-related chest pain.
- Take this medicine as directed. Do not take more than the recommended daily dose.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of it.
- Before starting Clopitab 75 mg tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you are using and your complete medical history.
- Headache, nausea, vomiting and indigestion can be seen as side effects of this medicine. Inform your doctor if the side effects do not resolve over time.
- You should never stop taking Clopitab 75, even if you think you are feeling better, otherwise, it may increase the risk of having a heart stroke again.
- You can make some lifestyle changes while taking this medication to improve your health, such as giving up smoking, consuming less alcohol, exercising regularly and adhering to a healthy, balanced diet....
Dosage of Clopitab 75 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Clopitab 75 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Clopitab 75 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Bupropion and sertraline (for psychiatric illness)
- Cyclophosphamide and Ifosfamide (for cancer treatment)
- Artemisinin (to treat malaria)
- Efavirenz (an antiviral medication)
- Ketamine (for producing anaesthesia effect)
- Phenobarbital and phenytoin (to treat fits)
- Methadone (to treat pain)
- Nevirapine (for HIV/AIDS)
- Propofol (for inducing sleep during surgical procedures)
- Selegiline (for Parkinson's disease)
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I buy Clopitab 75 mg Tablet from retail pharmacy without a prescription?
Q: Any special precautions or warnings before taking Clopitab 75 mg Tablet?
Q: Do I need any restrictions on my diet?
Q: Should I inform my doctor about any specific medicines before starting Clopitab 75 mg Tablet?
Q: How long should Clopitab 75 mg tablet be used?
Q: How to take Clopitab tablet?
Q: Is Clopilet and Clopitab tablet the same?
Q: What if you miss a Clopitab tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Clopitab 75 mg tablet on my own?
Q: Is Clopitab a blood thinner?
Q: Are Clopitab 75 and Clopitab A 75 same?
Q: When should I take Clopitab?
Q: Is Clopitab and Clopidogrel same?
Q: What is the composition of Clopitab75?
- Clopidogrel: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- [Internet]. EMA. PIL. Clopidogrel 75 mg film-coated tablets. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- DailyMed - CLOPIDOGREL- clopidogrel bisulfate tablet, film coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Clopidogrel [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Clopidogrel 75 mg film coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]