Clop 0.05% Cream 30gm
Clop 0.05 % Description
Clop cream contains clobestol, a steroidal medicine as its active ingredient, usually applied to topical areas of the skin. Clop cream is used to reduce various disorders associated with skin such as
red bumpy scaly patches (Psoriasis), severe itching associated with heat or sweating, purple-coloured patches with itching and swelling (Lichen planus). This cream should be used as per the directions given by the doctor. It should not be used for any other skin conditions. Do no overapply the medicine. It should not be discontinued without consulting the doctor.
Uses of Clop 0.05 %
Contraindications of Clop 0.05 %
- If you are allergic to clobetasol or any of the ingredients of Clop cream.
- If you have acne.
- If you have itchy skin (Pruritis) without inflammation.
- If you have itching in the genital or anal area.
- If you have rashes and redness around the mouth.
Side effects of Clop 0.05 %
- Itching at the site of application
- Burning sensation at the site of application
- Dry Skin
- Pigmentation issues
- Increased acne
Precautions and Warnings of Clop 0.05 %
Other General Warnings
- You develop an infection or allergy while using this medicine, inform your doctor.
- You should not use this cream for more than 5 days, specifically on the face. If there is no improvement in the infection consult your doctor.
- Prolonged use of this cream is associated with a disease called Cushing syndrome characterised by fatty hump between shoulders, round swollen face and purple-coloured stretch marks..
- Please make sure to clean the skin before applying this medicine and do not apply near the eyes or eyelids.
Mode of Action of Clop 0.05 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clop 0.05 %
- You should apply the specified amount to the affected area as advised by the doctor.
- Clean the skin before applying for medicine.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream on the affected area.
- Avoid contact with eyes and do not ingest the medication.
- Wash your hands immediately after applying the medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
Interactions of Clop 0.05 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Clop cream should be applied to the skin locally to the affected area. Hence, it is unlikely to interact with any other medications. However, it is important to avoid using any other skincare product over this cream. It might interfere with the effect of this cream....
- It is also important to inform your doctor about all the medicines that are being used and any underlying medical conditions.
Storage and disposal of Clop 0.05 %
- Clop cream should be stored at room temperature, away from sunlight and moist areas.
- Keep it away from children.
- Discard the expired product and do not use it beyond the stated expiry date.
Dosage of Clop 0.05 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there any habitual tendencies associated with this medicine?
Q: Can this medicine be used as an antifungal?
Q: Is the use of Clop cream dangerous?
Q: Can I use this medication on my 4-month-old child?
Q: Is Clop cream useful for acne?
- Dermovate Cream - Product Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021]
- Clobetasol Topical: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021]
- Drugs H. Clobetasol Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021]